LX - 4th Gen (2022-present) Posts related to the LX600 belong in this forum

Disabling auto Stop Start

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-24, 05:32 AM
gerryvz
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterScot
If you are referring to installing a dongle behind the AutoStart Stop switch it is easy. I to ordered one from the ALiExpress person that incorrectly listed it for the 2024 models. Sent numerous messages and nothing. Just threw it in the bin and wrote the 30 bucks or whatever I paid off. Not worth the time to bird dog. Pull the flat black plastic side cover off first that sits next to the door. Helps to have a plastic interior trim removal kit. 10 bucks on amazon. Just give it a tug (phrasing) and it will pop off, kind of move your hand around. it. Then the panel with the switch and the panel above it will pop off with a pull towards you when you are sitting in the driver's seat. Some folks tell you to remove one at time, they pull off nicely together. There are no screws or anything. Just try and pull direct out. If you yank at an angle you run the risk of breaking a tab.
Thank you for this info on removing the dash panels. I'm not too optimistic that I will be receiving the correct part for the application, but fingers crossed.......

Fortunately I do have a trim removal kit of several plastic wedges and spudgers.
Old 08-14-24, 05:35 AM
gerryvz
Rookie

Originally Posted by RedneckJoe
Note I confirmed with a tech at the dealer they can’t turn it off. He was doing a relearn reset on my transmission and I offered him $20 to do it but he said he would just do it free. On our subsequent test drive he let me know it wasn’t possible.
I studied the manuals very closely, particularly the sections where individual features can be controlled/disabled/tweaked, and didn't see anything in there relating to the Auto Start/Stop system. The only realistic solution is going to be a dongle-type device that "fools" the system into thinking that it is deactivated.

I just wish someone would create an appropriate part for our LX600 application. I guess it's too low-volume to warrant the effort, sadly.
Old 08-14-24, 07:15 AM
MisterScot
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The issue here is that it can't be done. I would be surprised if the code/process is any different than that on the new Tundra and Sequoia. Inserting the dongle literally takes 4 minutes and couldn't be in an easier access spot if you have 10 bucks of interior trim tools. We just need to convince one of the companies that it is worth developing it. I personally would buy two of them, my wife and I both drive LX 600's. I would pay up to $300 for one. I am willing to bet that they could amortize across
The following 2 users liked this post by MisterScot:
3ZERO8 (08-15-24), RedneckJoe (08-15-24)
Old 08-15-24, 08:28 AM
RedneckJoe
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterScot
The issue here is that it can't be done. I would be surprised if the code/process is any different than that on the new Tundra and Sequoia. Inserting the dongle literally takes 4 minutes and couldn't be in an easier access spot if you have 10 bucks of interior trim tools. We just need to convince one of the companies that it is worth developing it. I personally would buy two of them, my wife and I both drive LX 600's. I would pay up to $300 for one. I am willing to bet that they could amortize across
I wonder if anyone has tried one from a tundra/sequioa, lc300, or lx550
Old 08-15-24, 08:35 AM
gerryvz
Rookie

My part has hit US shores, and is now in Texas and en route to Maryland. Hoping to have it this weekend or early next week. Looking forward to seeing if this is "The One"........

Does the old LX have a similar Auto Start/Stop system?

I know my wife has a 2023 IS500, and its auto start/stop system is permanently switchable on or off. I really don't know why Lexus didn't do this for the LX600.

Good idea to try for other models using the same powertrain....GX550, Tundra, Sequoia?
Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM
gerryvz
Rookie

Default It has arrived!!

The eBay auto start/stop thingamajig (supposedly) for the 2022-2024 LX600 arrived in the mail today. It came with an orange trim panel spudger tool.

Here are photos of the unit and the connectors. I took multiple photos of the male connector.

comparing to photos of the AliExpress unit, it looks identical — eight male prongs.

So, it is likely that it won’t work. I’ll probably have to return it for a refund.

Last edited by gerryvz; Yesterday at 03:28 PM.