LX 600 Seat memory when touching handle

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-23, 05:50 PM
Probiz
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LX 600 Seat memory when touching handle

Hi LX owners,
I am trying to figure out why our seat settings do not work. When you take a physical key out of your pocket and unlock the car the doors will unlock and all the seat settings will work for each key profile but..... ....When you have the key in your pocket and you unlock the door by using the door handle does the seats adjust to each key profile when entering the car this way? Ours do not work when using the door handles. They only work with the physical keys unlock button on each key.
I would love to know if the husband and wife key profiles work when using only the door handles to unlock the car.
Old 11-29-23, 04:06 AM
Probiz
9th Gear

This might help some people. After tons of issues on my 2022 LX my local dealer is replacing it with a 2024. Most problems have been related to the Infotainment system... but the most annoying issue of all is the inability for the seats, steering wheel etc.. to swap to the right driver consistently. Now, if you only have one driver then this won't be an issue but my wife is 5 foot and I am 6 foot. Thats an issue. .... Here is what I found on that topic. I also listed a few other issues that we have had happen consistently as well.

- The Physical keys (if married to the driver profile) are what store the data for the seats, steering wheel and audio settings... Ie they make the changes when you Get in and out of the car.
- The Wallet key doe NOT store any of that data. It's more of a Valet of key regardless of what a dealer says... and it only starts the car. No setting changes with that key.

Other issues;
- If your audio system shuts down and you have to shut the car of and back on to get the audio back then its amp. They are having issues with that.
- If your seatbelt gets stuck and won't come out unless you do it slowly they will replace the seat belt. Known issue.
- If your driver seat beeps when attempting to move it then it needs to be initialized... This means the dealer did not PDI it correctly.
- If you have to put your key up to the push button start to get it to start then its likely the key fob battery..
Old 11-29-23, 04:02 PM
poorbong
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Probiz
This might help some people. After tons of issues on my 2022 LX my local dealer is replacing it with a 2024. Most problems have been related to the Infotainment system... but the most annoying issue of all is the inability for the seats, steering wheel etc.. to swap to the right driver consistently. Now, if you only have one driver then this won't be an issue but my wife is 5 foot and I am 6 foot. Thats an issue. .... Here is what I found on that topic. I also listed a few other issues that we have had happen consistently as well.

- The Physical keys (if married to the driver profile) are what store the data for the seats, steering wheel and audio settings... Ie they make the changes when you Get in and out of the car.
- The Wallet key doe NOT store any of that data. It's more of a Valet of key regardless of what a dealer says... and it only starts the car. No setting changes with that key.

Other issues;
- If your audio system shuts down and you have to shut the car of and back on to get the audio back then its amp. They are having issues with that.
- If your seatbelt gets stuck and won't come out unless you do it slowly they will replace the seat belt. Known issue.
- If your driver seat beeps when attempting to move it then it needs to be initialized... This means the dealer did not PDI it correctly.
- If you have to put your key up to the push button start to get it to start then its likely the key fob battery..
They replaced your '22 with a '24? What kinda trouble did you go through to get that done?
Old 11-29-23, 04:37 PM
Probiz
9th Gear

In the process of replacement now. I have bought a number of Lexus vehicles from these guys and they are a great dealer. I did not really make a big deal of anything. I just sent videos showing my concerns. It's not their fault really. I juust showed them issues and they eventually said let's get you another car. Love the car but the issue were crazy....
The following users liked this post:
poorbong (11-30-23)