LX - 4th Gen (2022-present) Posts related to the LX600 belong in this forum

Hatch " weather seal" displaced from tracks

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-23, 08:08 PM
RSRogers
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatch " weather seal" displaced from tracks

2023 F Sport- My hatch weather seal (not sure what the proper name is) keeps coming out of the tracks at the bottom. I've had problems both opening and closing the hatch because of this. The dealership is blaming the problem on my dogs pulling the seal out when they jump in and out. However, the door has gotten stuck when my dogs weren't in the truck. And I had ML 350s with the same type of hatch and the same breed of dogs for 10 years before I bought a Lexus and this never happened. Also, I recently rented a Jeep Cherokee for a month with the same type of design and it didn't happen. One of the guys at the dealership did admit that the hatch seal is not the same type of seal that is used in the other doors. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 12-12-23, 09:46 AM
sumfingwon
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RSRogers
2023 F Sport- My hatch weather seal (not sure what the proper name is) keeps coming out of the tracks at the bottom. I've had problems both opening and closing the hatch because of this. The dealership is blaming the problem on my dogs pulling the seal out when they jump in and out. However, the door has gotten stuck when my dogs weren't in the truck. And I had ML 350s with the same type of hatch and the same breed of dogs for 10 years before I bought a Lexus and this never happened. Also, I recently rented a Jeep Cherokee for a month with the same type of design and it didn't happen. One of the guys at the dealership did admit that the hatch seal is not the same type of seal that is used in the other doors. Has anyone else had this problem?
This happened on my 4Runner, the dealership replaced my gasket under warranty.
The following users liked this post:
RSRogers (12-12-23)