LX - 4th Gen (2022-present) Posts related to the LX600 belong in this forum

LX Without Appearance Package? Anyone from Lexus Corporate who can help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-24, 05:10 AM
Weathertop
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Default LX Without Appearance Package? Anyone from Lexus Corporate who can help?

Does anyone know how I can order a LX Luxury without the appearance package?

All the new ones in my 500-mile radius come with this “optional” package installed. I don’t like it - It wreaks the appearance of the vehicle (IMO). I don’t want this package that uses black chrome all around the vehicle.

I can’t get a credible story from the dealers on ordering with the deletion of this package. I’ve been told:
  • This package really isn’t optional - All vehicles coming to the US on Luxury trims have it installed.
  • It isn’t possible to special order a LX
  • Oh, but we could “try” to order one for you….with at $5 K non-refundable deposit (no thank you). If the order isn’t successful, then, sure, we’ll return your deposit. Right.
  • Wait until an allocation opens up and then maybe we can order one for you - I’ve been waiting for a month for the dealers in the NY/NJ to have an allocation open up and no one has called me back. You would think that one of them would want a sale for a >$110 K vehicle.
But yet, I found one vehicle without this package in Arizona (it was sold) so this suggests to me that it is possible to have a vehicle built this way. I have also tried to call the Lexus Customer Service number but they refer me back to my local dealer. I’m hoping that members of Lexus Corporate frequent this forum and can help…

This just makes me shake my head. I’m ready to move and I’m happy to wait 3-4 months to get what I want. Geez.

By the way, if you are a dealer in the NY/NJ area and would like a quick sale on for a new LX Luxury and can help me out without giving me the run-around (I do not want anything on your lot with the appearance package), pm me

Last edited by Weathertop; 04-20-24 at 07:55 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Weathertop:
FBH (04-21-24), mike995134 (05-07-24)
Old 04-21-24, 03:49 PM
jsch222
Advanced

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

121 out of the 177 available in the entire country have the appearance package on them. That was as of April 4.
Old 04-21-24, 05:25 PM
FBH
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you!! I have been looking to buy an LX without the appearance package. I don’t like, never did. It makes no sense to me, that I have to buy a $100,000 plus SUV that doesn’t permit for a custom order. I almost (but came to my senses) ordered a Cayenne, simply because I can custom order it!! Really?? No option to custom order for Lexus…at least for me, it’s a no sale for now.

I had a deposit in with my local dealer for over a year, but just asked for it back…it gets me nothing. I’ll stand on the sidelines until I can get what I want.
The following users liked this post:
Weathertop (04-22-24)
Old 04-21-24, 05:50 PM
jsch222
Advanced

Originally Posted by FBH
Thank you!! I have been looking to buy an LX without the appearance package. I don’t like, never did. It makes no sense to me, that I have to buy a $100,000 plus SUV that doesn’t permit for a custom order. I almost (but came to my senses) ordered a Cayenne, simply because I can custom order it!! Really?? No option to custom order for Lexus…at least for me, it’s a no sale for now.

I had a deposit in with my local dealer for over a year, but just asked for it back…it gets me nothing. I’ll stand on the sidelines until I can get what I want.
too expensive of a car to settle.
The following 2 users liked this post by jsch222:
FBH (04-22-24), Weathertop (04-22-24)
Old 04-22-24, 04:15 PM
Weathertop
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

jsch222:

Thank you for your thoughts above - they give me hope that I’m not looking for the impossible. Thanks as well for your encouragement via pm - I couldn't send you thanks via pm (as I received the message that you aren't accepting messages) so I thought I would share my thanks here.

Last edited by Weathertop; 04-22-24 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-22-24, 04:48 PM
jsch222
Advanced

Originally Posted by Weathertop
jsch222:

Thank you for your thoughts above - they give me hope that I’m not looking for the impossible. Thanks as well for your encouragement via pm - I couldn't send you thanks via pm (as I received the message that you aren't accepting messages) so I thought I would share my thanks here.
anytime! Happy hunting.
Old 05-05-24, 12:15 PM
RedneckJoe
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

They need to allow ordering.

I “reserved” a nori/palamino luxury with appearance package with 18s and it never came. Was willing to settle on 22s and rear seat entertainment.

Randomly inquired at a dealer on the east coast and they had my second option in blk/blk fsport coming within a couple months. Exactly how I would order it.

The rear seat entertainment is an issue because my girlfriend wants kids and is 6ft tall and car seats become an issue when putting the seat back.

I found out from the VA dealer the nori/palamino is basically non existent Nationwide. I found out from my Texas dealer that it would be impossible to get a luxury without the rear seat entertainment in my region.

FOR THE OP. The VA dealer told me their region (NJ port arrivals) they order ALL ALL luxuries with the appearance package! So you need to find a dealer in the south or west coast. The dealer told me they have shipped to Texas and Idaho because of these ordering snafus (having the appearance package and etc).

I just got lucky and found this dealer on another forum because we almost gave up. The Fsport is literally exactly how I would configure it and I was starting to want a blk/blk fsport anyway; the limited slip differential and wheels I won’t have to change so its better for us. I will be using it on our ranch.

Last edited by RedneckJoe; 05-05-24 at 12:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jsch222 (05-05-24)