LX - 4th Gen (2022-present) Posts related to the LX600 belong in this forum

LX600 Recall (24LA04) Just Announced (May30, 2024)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-24, 06:06 PM
CTROOST
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

Hi guys, please help,
Is this VIN # from 2024 on this recall?

Old 08-01-24, 05:27 AM
HarkinBank
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Go here https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls, put in the VIN, find out.

HB

Originally Posted by CTROOST
Hi guys, please help,
Is this VIN # from 2024 on this recall?

Old 08-01-24, 06:20 AM
gerryvz
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying3
This is a severe blow to the Toyota / Lexus reputation for quality. But they sure are making good on it.
It should be a relatively short-term ding on their reputation. Because they're making good on it (and I'm sure that peoples' experiences with this will vary widely) and taking care of the problem, I'm sure the hit will be lessened. In a few years, few folks will remember this situation (unless there is another major recall due to QC issues).

I wonder if Lexus dealers, on the whole, will treat their customers better than Toyota dealers will, relating to the recall. Should be interesting as things roll out over time.

No question though, this particular situation is very un-Toyota-like. I've been a Mercedes-Benz guy for well over 25 years, and I have to say I'm off MB cars forever. My wife introduced me to Lexus/Toyota and the overall quality and longevity (and in many cases, engineering and ease with which I can work on them myself) has slowly won me over. Mercedes used to be the standard of the world in terms of over-engineering its cars; nowadays its cars are not only just pretty average in engineering, but also looks. There was once a day years ago when you KNEW by looking at a Mercedes that it was a cut above. They lost this back in the mid to late 1990s, and Lexus has gladly picked up the mantle.
The following users liked this post:
Stevensclan (08-03-24)
Old 08-01-24, 06:36 AM
CTROOST
10th Gear

thanx! nothing appears..
Old 08-01-24, 06:41 AM
gerryvz
Rookie

Originally Posted by CTROOST
thanx! nothing appears..
I would try this site, instead.

https://www.toyota.com/recall
Old 08-02-24, 12:38 PM
gscottmarl
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I just spoke to my Lexus dealer and they don’t have a time frame for when the engine replacement will begin or how we sign up for it. Has anyone heard anything about when this will begin or about signing up for the replacement?
Old 08-02-24, 04:09 PM
RedneckJoe
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by gerryvz
It should be a relatively short-term ding on their reputation. Because they're making good on it (and I'm sure that peoples' experiences with this will vary widely) and taking care of the problem, I'm sure the hit will be lessened. In a few years, few folks will remember this situation (unless there is another major recall due to QC issues).

I wonder if Lexus dealers, on the whole, will treat their customers better than Toyota dealers will, relating to the recall. Should be interesting as things roll out over time.

No question though, this particular situation is very un-Toyota-like. I've been a Mercedes-Benz guy for well over 25 years, and I have to say I'm off MB cars forever. My wife introduced me to Lexus/Toyota and the overall quality and longevity (and in many cases, engineering and ease with which I can work on them myself) has slowly won me over. Mercedes used to be the standard of the world in terms of over-engineering its cars; nowadays its cars are not only just pretty average in engineering, but also looks. There was once a day years ago when you KNEW by looking at a Mercedes that it was a cut above. They lost this back in the mid to late 1990s, and Lexus has gladly picked up the mantle.
I have owned around 40 cars/trucks and my 2015 Mercedes S63 coupe is an absolute tank compared to the rest. And you didn’t have to spend that much you could have done a regular 4 door and its a very similar car.
Old 08-03-24, 05:27 AM
gerryvz
Rookie

Originally Posted by RedneckJoe
I have owned around 40 cars/trucks and my 2015 Mercedes S63 coupe is an absolute tank compared to the rest. And you didn’t have to spend that much you could have done a regular 4 door and its a very similar car.
Have you ever owned a Benz from the 80s or 90s? There is a huge difference between MBs built then, and from the late 1990s onward.

There's a reason why so many MBs from the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s are still on the road, especially in foreign countries. You can't kill them, especially the diesel models. The only car I would compare in terms of build quality would be the "brick" era Volvos of the 1970s-1990s.

The main problem is that MB used to use world-class materials on the interiors, and had a distinctive exterior design language. Today, MB interiors are no higher quality than any other "luxury" brand, and the exteriors of MBs are difficult to tell apart from Korean makes (excepting the gaudy star in the center of the grill, which used to be only reserved for sports cars, roadsters and the G-wagen). In the JD Power ratings, MBs have been way down in the rankings for many many years.

Disclaimer: I own/drive/maintain a small fleet of MBs, and have owned/operated two MB-specific online forums for many years.

Last edited by gerryvz; 08-03-24 at 05:30 AM.
Old Yesterday, 06:29 AM
Chewie09
10th Gear

Took possession of my 2023 LX in November of 2023 from a dealer. Don't know how to check manufacture date, but the VIN is not indicated in the recall.
Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM
RedneckJoe
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by gerryvz
Have you ever owned a Benz from the 80s or 90s? There is a huge difference between MBs built then, and from the late 1990s onward.

There's a reason why so many MBs from the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s are still on the road, especially in foreign countries. You can't kill them, especially the diesel models. The only car I would compare in terms of build quality would be the "brick" era Volvos of the 1970s-1990s.

The main problem is that MB used to use world-class materials on the interiors, and had a distinctive exterior design language. Today, MB interiors are no higher quality than any other "luxury" brand, and the exteriors of MBs are difficult to tell apart from Korean makes (excepting the gaudy star in the center of the grill, which used to be only reserved for sports cars, roadsters and the G-wagen). In the JD Power ratings, MBs have been way down in the rankings for many many years.

Disclaimer: I own/drive/maintain a small fleet of MBs, and have owned/operated two MB-specific online forums for many years.

No i am a 90s child, but I am starting to watch out for a CL class C140, which I have always wanted since a kid, and keeping my eye out for an early LS400 I can slam (2LS specifically) and W211 E55. I have 15 cars, trucks, motorcycles and tractors and kinda out of room though but could fit one more maybe 😅 . Kinda makes me sick thinking about it.

I think you should check out mine (or any) S63 carbon fiber package coupe. It would change your mind. I have spent time in more expensive cars and I definitely think this car is higher quality including material selections, its a Tank.

Is there a big difference between other midrange models and the S class in quality? I have only looked at a C300 for my girlfriend (didn’t like it) and my S63.

Hands down I have looked at Astons and Bentleys to trade this S63 on and I just didn’t get the urge. I also drove a RR wraith (business partner) a good bit and it did nothing for me. I would take a Drophead though.

Long story short there are still some note worthy cars from the last decade.

To stay on subject. My 2024 LX600 is impressive in theory but has been back to the dealer twice now in 4,000 miles in 2 months for drivability issues. They should have the fuel mapping and transmission settings all reset when I pick it up monday and I am going to change the tires on it to a VERY safe choice. It shakes and jitters and I want it fixed or will Lemon it. Its holding me up from Xpel, ceramic, and window tint; hasn’t been pleasurable not to mention they treating me like an NX buyer or something. Maybe my first and only new lexus, OR I may get another LX every 2 years if this one works out as the size, quality, and capabilities are perfect.
Old Today, 08:45 AM
Flying3
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Chewie09
Took possession of my 2023 LX in November of 2023 from a dealer. Don't know how to check manufacture date, but the VIN is not indicated in the recall.
The manufacture date is in the top right corner of the black label on the right side of the driver door opening.