Lx600

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-21, 11:10 AM
AON
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid
Total bravo-sierra.

Like I've off-loaded both the 100 and 200 Series. My pants never caught on fire.

Why will Toyota be bankrupt...nothing made in the US compares.

You make my point 20 year old clunkers get off-roaded....
Not NEW $120 Luxo SUV's
Old 10-18-21, 03:41 PM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

I would guess the average owner of a brand new LX will never take it off pavement. A few might, but most won’t.

I think most Lexus buyers go into the showroom and want to the the largest SUV they make and simply purchase that.

Might be interesting to see if any former Toyota buyers purchase the LX, since no Landcruiser is sold in the US market. There are plenty of buyers of Landcruisers that take it off road on day one.
The following 2 users liked this post by mbarron37:
IS350USB (10-19-21), matt2421 (10-28-21)
Old 10-18-21, 04:17 PM
AON
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mbarron37
I would guess the average owner of a brand new LX will never take it off pavement. A few might, but most won’t.

I think most Lexus buyers go into the showroom and want to the the largest SUV they make and simply purchase that.

Might be interesting to see if any former Toyota buyers purchase the LX, since no Landcruiser is sold in the US market. There are plenty of buyers of Landcruisers that take it off road on day one.
I have a place on the Tahoe west shore - just a few miles away from the Rubicon Trail . . . the week I got my latest LX - 2018 - I dove maybe 200 yards up the trail - So yeah - I took my BRAND NEW LX on the Rubicon!!!
I had to make a three point turn to get out - scratched the passenger side.
My sweetie - just gave me "The Look"...from the passenger seat - "THE LOOK" . . . didn't say a word - bless her
Drove home - super minor wax - out it came.
My sons Jeep was in the driveway - 35inch tires - lockers - roll cage - traversed the Rubicon many times - - what a dip wade I be!!!

Last edited by AON; 10-18-21 at 04:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ClaytonW (10-19-21)
Old 10-19-21, 12:49 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 620 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by AON
And braindead TOYOTA - led by braindead Mr. Toyoda - will be BK within five years....
Artificial Intelligence company TESLA will be producing more robots (cars) next year than BMW and more than FORD the year after.
Toyota is nowhere to be seen - they deserve to die and will.

Mr Toyoda will be performing Seppuku soon - he has disgraced his family - his company - his legacy - and tarnished Japan...
LoLoLoLoL!!
Old 10-19-21, 01:51 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by AON
I have a place on the Tahoe west shore - just a few miles away from the Rubicon Trail . . . the week I got my latest LX - 2018 - I dove maybe 200 yards up the trail - So yeah - I took my BRAND NEW LX on the Rubicon!!!
My sweetie - just gave me "The Look"...from the passenger seat - "THE LOOK" . . . didn't say a word - bless her
My sons Jeep was in the driveway - 35inch tires - lockers - roll cage - traversed the Rubicon many times - - what a dip wade I be!!!
I did the same (I live close to the other side of Lake Tahoe). Let's say that the Rubicon trail officially starts at the staging area (east). You can drive Rubicon pretty far - to Miller Lake without any issues. Then, you still can continue behind Ellis Peak Trail crossing. So, you can definitely have some fun there :-) From the other (west side), it's not so much for LX. No chance to get anywhere from Loon Lake. But you can try the alternate trail to Wentworth Springs (also considered Rubicon Trail) and get pretty far - to the beginning of the rocky part. I did Rubicon trail many times with my modified Wrangler (unfortunately, there is no LC 70 series in the USA) and it's always fun :-)
Old 10-19-21, 02:06 PM
IS350USB
Driver

Received 63 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by AON
And braindead TOYOTA - led by braindead Mr. Toyoda - will be BK within five years....
Artificial Intelligence company TESLA will be producing more robots (cars) next year than BMW and more than FORD the year after.

Mr Toyoda will be performing Seppuku soon - he has disgraced his family - his company - his legacy - and tarnished Japan...
The hatred for Toyota is intense lol. If you follow with Toyota/Lexus news they've been making major moves below media reach but now it's beginning to unravel. Time and time again there will always be doubters and yet Toyota still presses on without being tarnished. Doubting Toyota is like doubting Coke Cola. People are still gonna drink it just like people are still gonna buy a Toyota/Lexus.
JennK (10-19-21)
Old 10-21-21, 08:29 AM
deusex
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by AON

If I may suggest go get yourself a Tesla and get over it.
Old 10-22-21, 09:43 AM
AON
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IS350USB
The hatred for Toyota is intense lol. If you follow with Toyota/Lexus news they've been making major moves below media reach but now it's beginning to unravel. Time and time again there will always be doubters and yet Toyota still presses on without being tarnished. Doubting Toyota is like doubting Coke Cola. People are still gonna drink it just like people are still gonna buy a Toyota/Lexus.

For sure - just ask the CEO's of NOKIA and Blackberry about disruptive / destructive change!!!

Hatred maybe a bit strong braindead leadership that destroyed a magnificent organization.
Horses were the dominate form of land transport for 10,000 years - with 10 years horses were being slaughtered and the new Auto industry was worth some 100 X what the horse industry ever was.
BEV 'cars' are similar - but with TESLA autonomy - really truly game over

Last edited by AON; 10-22-21 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-22-21, 10:01 AM
AON
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by deusex
If I may suggest go get yourself a Tesla and get over it.
I do have a Models S Plaid - got it last day of September - parked in garage next to 20154LS460 F-Sport and 2018 LX-570

The difference is like riding a horse and getting into a modern Gulfstream - the FSD is amazing!

TESLA is more of a software / computer company than 'car' company - their leadership in artificial intelligence / software is insurmountable.
They really are an artificial intelligence company making robots!
They have the largest most advanced super/AI computer in the world - proprietary hardware and software.

BTW - I've owned around 15 LEXUS' over the years - all new - all LS's and LX's with one GS430.
The 2018 LX is my last LEXUS - the biggest turn off was the day I picked it up.
I had sold my 2015 LX a few weeks back and found exactly what I wanted - bought it over the phone.
I had never sat in a 2018 before - and when I closed the door for the first time it sounded like a tin can with zero insulation - I was horrifies - tried front and rear doors - all the same - sounded like a cheap bottom feeder car.
The first LEXUS I do not look forward to getting into.

I'm a huge fan of LEXUS and big time gear head - raced motorcycles (track) and cars - too much wrench turning to recall.
But I've drunk the Kool-Aide

And TOYODA's leadership at TOYOTA is a disaster - they are too far behind to even think of joining the race.
BK within 5 years

Last edited by AON; 10-22-21 at 10:05 AM.
Old 10-22-21, 10:17 AM
AON
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IS350USB

Major moves with politicians / unions to stop BEV's - because they are braindead
Did you watch their last shareholder meeting a few months back?
Will develop a variety of powertrains - and figure out which is best in 2050....LOLOLOLOLOL
TESLA will be producing 20 million 'cars' / year by the end of decade
Old 10-22-21, 03:18 PM
WolfyLS460
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

No split tailgate and no offroad, sounds like a downgrade to me. I'm going with the Range Rover or GLS instead.
Although I never off road, it's nice to know I could if I wanted to.
Old 10-22-21, 07:15 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 121 Likes on 82 Posts

Wow you guys are really.... passionate...... Strap on some 18's w/ all terrain tires & have at it if that's what your into.

Originally Posted by AON
If you were in crawl mode & used the steering assist you probably could have done a U turn with-in your own foot print instead of a 3 point turn.

I'm not even going to comment on the reliability, depreciation & off road capabilities of euro vehicles. A word to the wise, never marry a European. Rent her for 3 or 4 years & give her back before she costs you your life savings.

GregCanada (10-25-21)
Old 10-27-21, 02:02 AM
chiawei
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AON
I do have a Models S Plaid - got it last day of September - parked in garage next to 20154LS460 F-Sport and 2018 LX-570

The difference is like riding a horse and getting into a modern Gulfstream - the FSD is amazing!

TESLA is more of a software / computer company than 'car' company - their leadership in artificial intelligence / software is insurmountable.
They have the largest most advanced super/AI computer in the world - proprietary hardware and software.

BTW - I've owned around 15 LEXUS' over the years - all new - all LS's and LX's with one GS430.
I had sold my 2015 LX a few weeks back and found exactly what I wanted - bought it over the phone.
I had never sat in a 2018 before - and when I closed the door for the first time it sounded like a tin can with zero insulation - I was horrifies - tried front and rear doors - all the same - sounded like a cheap bottom feeder car.

I'm a huge fan of LEXUS and big time gear head - raced motorcycles (track) and cars - too much wrench turning to recall.

And TOYODA's leadership at TOYOTA is a disaster - they are too far behind to even think of joining the race.
BK within 5 years

I have been working in self driving field since 2015.

Tesla FSD is a joke and the way Elon is pushing it simply will kill more people and introduce more bad human behavior.

Tesla is not ahead in self driving. In fact it’s probably one of the most behind because it has zero redundancy build in.

While GM/Honda cruise, Waymo,… are already so far ahead in terms of solving discrepancy from conflicting data from different sensor suite, Tesla approach was to throw redundancy away.

This is exactly the issue with 737 max MCAS. Rely on single point of failure to make decision.

FSD in personal vehicle in its current state of power consumption and cooling requirement isn’t practical. It will need at least another 5 years for sensors and processor to further lithography reduction.

If you want to kill yourself by using a L2 system, please do it in empty highway.

Last edited by chiawei; 10-27-21 at 02:07 AM.
kristisipe (10-27-21)
Old 10-27-21, 02:04 AM
chiawei
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AON
Major moves with politicians / unions to stop BEV's - because they are braindead
Did you watch their last shareholder meeting a few months back?
Will develop a variety of powertrains - and figure out which is best in 2050....LOLOLOLOLOL
TESLA will be producing 20 million 'cars' / year by the end of decade
I personally think Tesla wouldn’t be around in 10 years. Because the liability generated by its stupid push in autonomy without redundancy build in.

NHTSA has not done its job to protect the public. More people will die because over trusting a system that was never build to achieve the ASIL level required for true self driving.
kristisipe (10-27-21)
Old 10-27-21, 12:23 PM
deusex
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by AON

BK within 5 years
I bet you in 5yrs Toyota will be stronger that is is now.

Quick Reply: Lx600