LX - 4th Gen (2022-present) Posts related to the LX600 belong in this forum

LX600 Luxury Pricing (Window sticker)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-22, 05:36 PM
DZK
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Movelexus
Here is a price sheet from a F SPORT listed for sale at Sewell Lexus of Fort Worth, TX
looks like my LX Luxury, Mag Luster, black int, appearance pkg, and cargo mat is going to sticker at $106,375
Old 01-15-22, 08:38 PM
Cadusom
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What kind of dealer markups are you all being told on your orders? I was just quoted $10k….
Old 01-15-22, 09:44 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadusom
What kind of dealer markups are you all being told on your orders? I was just quoted $10k….
Boise, Nampa, or somewhere else. The TV doesn't have many new 200 Series over the years. Their current allocation reflects that scarcity.

The more you sell this year, the more you can sell next year.
Old 01-15-22, 10:03 PM
Cadusom
Driver School Candidate

I think you're right about local allocations, just testing that theory here and looking for some confirmation. I've never purchased a car locally, guess I'm traveling again for this one.

Last edited by Cadusom; 01-16-22 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-16-22, 09:47 AM
lx600fan
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Same here 10k, a dealer in florida is charging 50k over msrp, LMAO, Where are you located
Old 01-16-22, 09:57 AM
Cadusom
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lx600fan
Same here 10k, a dealer in florida is charging 50k over msrp, LMAO, Where are you located
Pacific NW, so dealers are a lot more spread out than back east.
Old 01-16-22, 11:25 AM
lx600fan
Driver School Candidate

So what are you going to do? have you done a deposit? how much is your dealer asking
Old 01-16-22, 11:34 AM
Cadusom
Driver School Candidate

So what are you going to do? have you done a deposit? how much is your dealer asking
Just gonna roll with it for now; if they ask for a few bucks down I’ll do it. Going to explore out of area options and inquire with Lexus corporate about the practice. Reality is my trade in is worth at least $10k more than it should be. If I ever make it to the table, we’ll see how much those post purchase survey responses are worth too.
Old 01-18-22, 05:51 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,278 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadusom
Just gonna roll with it for now; if they ask for a few bucks down I’ll do it. Going to explore out of area options and inquire with Lexus corporate about the practice. Reality is my trade in is worth at least $10k more than it should be. If I ever make it to the table, we’ll see how much those post purchase survey responses are worth too.
Just wanted to chime in. We've contacted Lexus corporate over the IS500 markups which are ridiculous and they took a major back seat approach and said Lexus of North America is a wholesaler of vehicles and final pricing is set by the dealers. They really don't care, and it sucks
Old 01-18-22, 03:07 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Just wanted to chime in. We've contacted Lexus corporate over the IS500 markups which are ridiculous and they took a major back seat approach and said Lexus of North America is a wholesaler of vehicles and final pricing is set by the dealers. They really don't care, and it sucks
ANY manufacturer will say the same thing...it's the nature of how car sales work in the US. Why would a dealer care to work with a supplier that won't let them go after maximum profit?
Old 01-18-22, 03:40 PM
Movelexus
Pit Crew

Received 185 Likes on 81 Posts

After a classic case of bait and switch my salesperson has indicated that in order to secure the car I have to be the first to show up in order to "buy" it when it switches from "allocated" to "in transit" at their dealership. Essentially participating in a race against other buyers. They also indicated their sales management are marking it up $20k. Quite laughable. This is after they portrayed themselves as an "MSRP" dealer. Needless to say I'm taking my business elsewhere. This was Lexus of Fremont, CA. I have a deposit and am in line at another dealership which unfortunately has no allocation yet. They are luckily the highest volume dealership in my area and currently sell at MSRP. (Lexus of Stevens Creek)
Old 01-18-22, 03:41 PM
lx600fan
Driver School Candidate

yup!! did you make the deposit though? i h ave to pull back a deposit
Old 01-18-22, 03:43 PM
Movelexus
Pit Crew

yup!! did you make the deposit though? i h ave to pull back a deposit
Yup but have the option to pull it back. Considering the option of custom ordering with Adam Fuller in Austin like you seem to have done. Going to call him when I am done with my meetings today.
Old 01-18-22, 03:52 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,278 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by Movelexus
After a classic case of bait and switch my salesperson has indicated that in order to secure the car I have to be the first to show up in order to "buy" it when it switches from "allocated" to "in transit" at their dealership. Essentially participating in a race against other buyers. They also indicated their sales management are marking it up $20k. Quite laughable. This is after they portrayed themselves as an "MSRP" dealer. Needless to say I'm taking my business elsewhere. This was Lexus of Fremont, CA. I have a deposit and am in line at another dealership which unfortunately has no allocation yet. They are luckily the highest volume dealership in my area and currently sell at MSRP. (Lexus of Stevens Creek)
That's a classic bait and switch, and if you have in writing that they were claiming MSRP before, I would ask to sit down and speak to the General Manager of the dealer. Not of the sales department, the whole dealer. Speaking about our experience in IS land, a couple people have secured Launch Edition IS500s at MSRP at Lexus of Stevens Creek. So I don't expect them to change their stance on that.
Old 01-18-22, 04:03 PM
Movelexus
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
That's a classic bait and switch, and if you have in writing that they were claiming MSRP before, I would ask to sit down and speak to the General Manager of the dealer. Not of the sales department, the whole dealer. Speaking about our experience in IS land, a couple people have secured Launch Edition IS500s at MSRP at Lexus of Stevens Creek. So I don't expect them to change their stance on that.
Stevens Creek is 100% MSRP no doubt about it. My deposit was placed on 10/29/2021 so I'll see what allocation they receive. I'm not too unhappy as I wanted the 18" wheels and the one they were receiving has 22's. I'm looking for Luxury w/ rear entertainment, appearance package, active height control, 18" wheels. White, Nori Green Pearl or Caviar are fine with me.

They told me it was the first one in California but that may be them attempting to hype it up. I know Lexus of Pleasanton now has one allocated but they are only selling at MSRP to zip codes in their area. Likely in order to generate post-sale service revenue.

Quick Reply: LX600 Luxury Pricing (Window sticker)