LX - 4th Gen (2022-present) Posts related to the LX600 belong in this forum

LX600 Luxury Pricing (Window sticker)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-22, 04:07 PM
Movelexus
Pit Crew

Received 185 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
That's a classic bait and switch, and if you have in writing that they were claiming MSRP before, I would ask to sit down and speak to the General Manager of the dealer. Not of the sales department, the whole dealer. Speaking about our experience in IS land, a couple people have secured Launch Edition IS500s at MSRP at Lexus of Stevens Creek. So I don't expect them to change their stance on that.
I did write a complaint to Lexus corporate though. The markup is at their discretion... but they need to be upfront about it. However this entire buying experience of having to be ready to "race" to the dealer upon receiving notification the car is available is insanity. Not an acceptable sales practice or buying experience if you ask me.

Of course nothing will come out of it
Old 01-18-22, 04:20 PM
Cadusom
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Movelexus
I did write a complaint to Lexus corporate though. The markup is at their discretion... but they need to be upfront about it. However this entire buying experience of having to be ready to "race" to the dealer upon receiving notification the car is available is insanity. Not an acceptable sales practice or buying experience if you ask me.

Of course nothing will come out of it
This is a wild story so far. The more breathless you are when you show up, the lower your trade in value too no doubt.
Old 01-18-22, 04:25 PM
Movelexus
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Cadusom
This is a wild story so far. The more breathless you are when you show up, the lower your trade in value too no doubt.
I sold them a 2020 Lexus RC-F with 27k miles last week. Stevens Creek Lexus had offered $57k for the car. Lexus of Fremont paid $65k for it. Carmax offered $62k, SHIFT $63k, Carvana $61.5k

They are selling it for $70k now. https://www.lexusfremont.com/auto/pr...t-ca/63033914/
Old 01-18-22, 04:38 PM
Cadusom
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I sold them a 2020 Lexus RC-F with 27k miles last week. Stevens Creek Lexus had offered $57k for the car. Lexus of Fremont paid $65k for it. Carmax offered $62k, SHIFT $63k, Carvana $61.5k

They are selling it for $70k now. https://www.lexusfremont.com/auto/pr...t-ca/63033914/
What was KBB on it? (Just trying to understand how close to KBB I should expect for my far more pedestrian 20 Highlander).
Old 01-18-22, 04:42 PM
Movelexus
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Cadusom
What was KBB on it? (Just trying to understand how close to KBB I should expect for my far more pedestrian 20 Highlander).

Stevens Creek lowballed by almost $8k with that offer in-hand so I walked away. Lexus of Fremont rounded it to $65k. But this is getting off-topic.
The following users liked this post:
Cadusom (01-18-22)
Old 01-18-22, 04:49 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,278 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Stevens Creek lowballed by almost $8k with that offer in-hand so I walked away. Lexus of Fremont rounded it to $65k. But this is getting off-topic.
I was gonna ask why the seats looked as worn as they did, but then I saw in the Carfax that it was a corporate/press car. Kudos for being brave enough to buy a car like that
Old 01-18-22, 04:58 PM
Movelexus
Pit Crew

I was gonna ask why the seats looked as worn as they did, but then I saw in the Carfax that it was a corporate/press car. Kudos for being brave enough to buy a car like that
I was able to heavily discount it when the salesman told me the classic bull**** story that it was an executive's wife's car. I pointed out YouTube videos and articles that were written using this car to their dealership's manager after being lied to about the car's history. It also has a pretty bad scratch of unknown origin under the front bumper. Spare tire jack was also missing.

Paid $62.5k in April 2021 when the car had 6k miles, drove 21k miles. Sold for $65k. I changed one set of rear tires and did oil changes. Overall pleasant experience. Got rid of the car before it needed expensive brake service or more tires.
The following users liked this post:
TipsyTonio (01-18-22)
Old 01-18-22, 05:01 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,278 Likes on 1,048 Posts

I was able to heavily discount it when the salesman told me the classic bull**** story that it was an executive's wife's car. I pointed out YouTube videos and articles that were written using this car to their dealership's manager after being lied to about the car's history. It also has a pretty bad scratch of unknown origin under the front bumper. Spare tire jack was also missing.

Paid $62.5k in April 2021 when the car had 6k miles, drove 21k miles. Sold for $65k. I changed one set of rear tires and did oil changes. Overall pleasant experience. Got rid of the car before it needed expensive brake service or more tires.
Well you definitely enjoyed it and were basically able to own it and drive the crap out of it for basically just the cost of gas. So kudos indeed. But anyways back to the LX lol
Old 01-18-22, 05:10 PM
Movelexus
Pit Crew

Well you definitely enjoyed it and were basically able to own it and drive the crap out of it for basically just the cost of gas. So kudos indeed. But anyways back to the LX lol
Cops reminded me I was enjoying the crap out of it.

Last edited by Movelexus; 01-19-22 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-18-22, 09:40 PM
tlegend
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a classic case of bait and switch my salesperson has indicated that in order to secure the car I have to be the first to show up in order to "buy" it when it switches from "allocated" to "in transit" at their dealership. Essentially participating in a race against other buyers. They also indicated their sales management are marking it up $20k. Quite laughable. This is after they portrayed themselves as an "MSRP" dealer. Needless to say I'm taking my business elsewhere. This was Lexus of Fremont, CA. I have a deposit and am in line at another dealership which unfortunately has no allocation yet. They are luckily the highest volume dealership in my area and currently sell at MSRP. (Lexus of Stevens Creek)

I cannot believe this!! I am on list at lexus of Fremont . I purchased a Lexus from them when they were called Magnussen back in the days. The sales rep last year assured me no markups. I even told him I don’t need financing. This sucks…. I refuse to pay markups…. If you have luck out of state please let us know. Thx
Old 01-18-22, 09:46 PM
Movelexus
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by tlegend
I cannot believe this!! I am on list at lexus of Fremont . I purchased a Lexus from them when they were called Magnussen back in the days. The sales rep last year assured me no markups. I even told him I don’t need financing. This sucks…. I refuse to pay markups…. If you have luck out of state please let us know. Thx
After being told this I also learned they have marked up the IS500 in the past. I bought a 2022 RX450HL from them in November at MSRP and was told at the time they “don’t do markups”. They will sell it with the markup no problem. Some sucker will go for it. I don’t have a problem waiting a few weeks to get one with the options I want or a closer match.
Old 01-18-22, 09:50 PM
tlegend
Rookie

After being told this I also learned they have marked up the IS500 in the past. I bought a 2022 RX450HL from them in November at MSRP and was told at the time they “don’t do markups”. They will sell it with the markup no problem. Some sucker will go for it. I don’t have a problem waiting a few weeks to get one with the options I want or a closer match.
how much deposit did you give? Do you know what model was allocated? I even offered for deposit last year and was told they are not talking and I would be contacted once they had an allocation. All lies…..
Old 01-18-22, 09:53 PM
Movelexus
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by tlegend
how much deposit did you give? Do you know what model was allocated? I even offered for deposit last year and was told they are not talking and I would be contacted once they had an allocation. All lies…..
They told me they are not taking deposits. Their allocated model is the price sheet on the very first post of this thread. Making the out-the-door price $129k + tax. I was told I’m essentially competing against 4 others sales folks with each one their customer ready for it. Essentially whenever it moves from “allocated” to “in transit” they plan on calling their customers and whoever gets there first gets the car.
Old 01-18-22, 10:00 PM
tlegend
Rookie

They told me they are not taking deposits. Their allocated model is the price sheet on the very first post of this thread. Making the out-the-door price $129k + tax. I was told I’m essentially competing against 4 others sales folks with each one their customer ready for it. Essentially whenever it moves from “allocated” to “in transit” they plan on calling their customers and whoever gets there first gets the car.
129k and not even ultra luxury. Yeah I won’t pull the trigger. I want F sport with no other options. I have budgeted 111k out the door including tax and fees I am in a ca tax zone that has 7.25% tax rate.
Old 01-18-22, 10:27 PM
J414
Driver School Candidate

Any word on Base/Premium trims? F sport and Luxury is outta budget for me.
Feels like cheaper trims will be very difficult to get a hold of.

Quick Reply: LX600 Luxury Pricing (Window sticker)