LX - 4th Gen (2022-present) Posts related to the LX600 belong in this forum

Lx600 over msrp official thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-22, 01:36 PM
tripitz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vantage78
Market correction underway. Supply will catch up sooner than later. 7 seat FF rover truck is in the same ballpark, esp. if you are already paying over MSRP. IMO, don’t be the last ones to be gouged by dealer overcharging.
Originally Posted by lx600fan
rr as in rolls royce? i was actually also wanting to get a cullinan but i know i need something to beat it up like a lx lol
Range Rover?
Old 01-21-22, 01:40 PM
lx600fan
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh, i was between a rolls royce cullinan or lx but the cullinan is being sold at like 150k over msrp so.
Old 01-21-22, 03:50 PM
vantage78
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by tripitz
Range Rover?
indeed. The Full Fat (FF) Land Rover Range Rover LWB. Arguably, more luxurious and better looking than the LX, hybrid motor (inline 6), faster, as capable (or more) off road, 35in of 3rd row rear seat legroom with more storage when all rows are up. Much lower reliability, however. Honestly, while I know this is a LX forum and I have my eye on the Lx, you’d be foolish not to cross shop if you are spending 6 figures. In my view, I’d wait and consider a new LX Fsport (at or around invoice) vs slightly used RR LWB

Last edited by vantage78; 01-21-22 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-21-22, 06:14 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadusom
Reno, NV is MSRP, but must include $1300 of tinted windows, nitro filled tires, and door edge guards plus "Stargard." I have not found a single dealer that is at MSRP without any BS added on. Going to leverage that with their expectations for post purchase survey ratings when I make it to the table, but MSRP plus forced extras is the best I've found so far in the PNW +/- 1000 miles.
Tinted windows come with the truck, N2 filled tires make no difference whatsoever, door edge guards (?), and Stargard is a theft protection device designed primarily for cars waiting to sell on a dealer's lot.

Sounds to me like a major 'gotcha'.
Old 01-21-22, 06:38 PM
Cadusom
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid
Tinted windows come with the truck, N2 filled tires make no difference whatsoever, door edge guards (?), and Stargard is a theft protection device designed primarily for cars waiting to sell on a dealer's lot.

Sounds to me like a major 'gotcha'.
I agree it’s all crapola. Just the price of admission right now. I wouldn’t even be shopping for a Lexus if Toyota still brought the LC in.
Old 01-23-22, 03:50 AM
lx600fan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sparsons79
That’s awesome!!! Good luck and keep me posted!
Hey adam played a bait and switch on me
I called him to put a 1k deposit and him knowing i was out of state( florida ) proceeded.

Then he texts me and says that his manager will only do the deal if I pay cash and do a larger deposit, no more info, i tried to call him and he denied my call twice, texted him no answer ( this is all to his cell )

I have a question is getting a loan thru the bank considered cash deal for a dealer?
Old 01-23-22, 07:32 AM
Cadusom
Driver School Candidate

I called him to put a 1k deposit and him knowing i was out of state( florida ) proceeded.

Then he texts me and says that his manager will only do the deal if I pay cash and do a larger deposit, no more info, i tried to call him and he denied my call twice, texted him no answer ( this is all to his cell )

I have a question is getting a loan thru the bank considered cash deal for a dealer?
I don't think that's a bait and switch, it sounds like he just doubts your ability to pay for the vehicle. You can get 3rd party loans (Lightstream etc.) where they transfer the money to your bank account and it then works like cash to the dealer.
Old 01-23-22, 07:34 AM
lx600fan
Driver School Candidate

Why would i need to put a larger deposit in comparison to state buyers who only put 1k?

So does bank loan count as cash?
Old 01-23-22, 07:38 AM
Cadusom
Driver School Candidate

Why would i need to put a larger deposit in comparison to state buyers who only put 1k?

So does bank loan count as cash?
Sounds like he wants to make sure you'll be able to do the deal when it arrives. Sounds like he doubts it for some reason.

Depends on the loan, look at Lightstream.
Old 01-23-22, 10:31 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Cadusom
Sounds like he wants to make sure you'll be able to do the deal when it arrives. Sounds like he doubts it for some reason.

Depends on the loan, look at Lightstream.
I'd convert to a Karen and ask for THE manager of the whole damn dealership.

That's definitely no way to treat a customer.
Old 01-23-22, 10:40 AM
vantage78
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

If you go through with the deal, make sure you get the price sheet at MSRP signed with the store manager’s signature prior to delivery.
Old 01-23-22, 11:48 AM
zonehawk
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh, i was between a rolls royce cullinan or lx but the cullinan is being sold at like 150k over msrp so.
Lol you could by 3 LX600s in Premium, Luxury, and Ultra Luxury for the price of a new Cullinan
Old 01-23-22, 06:18 PM
sparsons79
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I would just have the proceeds lined up from a bank in FL. They just want a wire of proceeds.
Old 01-24-22, 04:23 PM
matthewr87
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone try any of the dealerships in the Maryland, DC, Virginia area? I called a few dealerships but sales doesn't even pick up the phone anymore it seems.
Old 01-25-22, 03:19 PM
cooldude34
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by matthewr87
Anyone try any of the dealerships in the Maryland, DC, Virginia area? I called a few dealerships but sales doesn't even pick up the phone anymore it seems.
I have a deposit with Pohanka of Lexus in Chantilly VA. Paid it back in early December. Probably another few months before they start getting their first allocations in.

Quick Reply: Lx600 over msrp official thread