LX - 4th Gen (2022-present) Posts related to the LX600 belong in this forum

Sequoia vs LX600 Rant...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-22, 07:27 AM
z32
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts

One thing I sure will miss is the split tailgate.... I enjoy sitting at the back chit chatting with my family and enjoying the weather.
The following users liked this post:
VentoGT (02-02-22)
Old 02-05-22, 07:32 AM
VentoGT
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadusom
Land Cruiser vs. high-trim Sequoia comparisons have been a give and take forever. You're either a LC person or you're not. I have had three straight vehicles with panoramic roofs and my kids hate it, not an issue for me. I don't care about the $$ difference and I don't want a hybrid. The new Sequoia looks fantastic BTW, it's just way too big and I will continue to mock people trying to park vehicles (usually pickups) like this.
The current Gen Sequoia has a better turning circle than my GX. Super easy to maneuver especially for such a large vehicle
Old 02-06-22, 02:15 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 121 Likes on 82 Posts

Hate to give Toyota the idea but..... Why not make the sequoia a LX600 L? Take a sequoia & throw a little bling bling & add 25K to the price.

After seeing them almost side by side there is very minutiae differences in body styles. The rear 1/4 windows are very similar.

Last edited by Supra Dr; 02-06-22 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-06-22, 02:38 PM
Cadusom
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Supra Dr
Hate to give Toyota the idea but..... Why not make the sequoia a LX600 L? Take a sequoia & throw a little bling bling & add 25K to the price.

After seeing them almost side by side there is very minutiae differences in body styles. The rear 1/4 windows are very similar.
That sounds like a great idea, and while they're at it they could make a Toyota version of the LX 600 and give it a name with long heritage behind it, something classic with an offroad/overlanding connotation.
Old 02-06-22, 04:03 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 121 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadusom
That sounds like a great idea, and while they're at it they could make a Toyota version of the LX 600 and give it a name with long heritage behind it, something classic with an offroad/overlanding connotation.
Ha ha ya my wife still dailies our 97 LX450 & leaves the 570 in the driveway. She says she feels "empowered" driving the BEAST.
Old 02-07-22, 08:14 PM
pkim1078
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Really enjoy the smoothness and great reliability of the 5.7 V8 engine in the LX570. It will be a vehicle we keep for a long time. We would never get rid of it, but would add to it in the future. Maybe get the next LX600 in the future with the 4 seater. Currently have a deposit for the sequoia capstone. Needed a larger vehicle for the family.
Old 02-10-22, 06:54 PM
burnthe
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pkim1078
Really enjoy the smoothness and great reliability of the 5.7 V8 engine in the LX570. It will be a vehicle we keep for a long time. We would never get rid of it, but would add to it in the future. Maybe get the next LX600 in the future with the 4 seater. Currently have a deposit for the sequoia capstone. Needed a larger vehicle for the family.
how were you able to put down a deposit on the capstone? I cannot get info from dealers on this because they don't know
Old 02-10-22, 07:46 PM
pkim1078
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by burnthe
how were you able to put down a deposit on the capstone? I cannot get info from dealers on this because they don't know
yeah I was able to put a deposit for the capstone. I originally made the deposit for the tundra trd pro but just moved it over to the capstone sequoia.
Old 09-16-23, 10:36 AM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi, has anyone driven both the 2024 Sequoia and LX600? I could not find a Sequoia to test, at all.
Obviously the Sequoia has a battery so expect even more off the line torque. Just wondering how the throttle response is like comparing to LX.

I also considered buying the new Sequoia. Only way was to order one.
But overall, for the price the trunk space was a deal breaker, I saw in person, and it was as bad as critic says. It is a bigger vehicle, we felt the the width is between the driver and front passenger, added width in a big center console, but all that air space that is not useful space. But again, that trunk with the 3rd row seats stacked is awful.
for some items, you will need to rent a trailer or another vehicle because, it might not fit. It could be different if they give an option to remove the seats in a few seconds.

According to car care nut video, he said the build quality is not as good, he shows the glove box door move in and out for example. Also he goes through the complicated things on the vehicle. He now have a similar video deep dive into the LX.

I also looked into the last gen sequoia, they are selling for high price, might have to do with because you can't actually easy get a new sequoia. A used 2022 TRD was selling same as it was new.

Last edited by SC3coupe; 09-17-23 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-08-23, 07:05 PM
RedneckJoe
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

If it’s the same interior quality as the Tundra Capstone that is probably where the price difference is. Looks flashy, not super great fit and finish.

I looked at one and it turned me off enough to make me want an SR or SR5; but I ordered the LX600 instead which is why I am here.

In all seriousness the lx will replace an X5 and the dimensions are similar but its a 3 row.

The LX600 may be the smallest 3 row in its class?
Old 10-09-23, 08:03 AM
Flying3
Intermediate

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJoe
If it’s the same interior quality as the Tundra Capstone that is probably where the price difference is. Looks flashy, not super great fit and finish.

I looked at one and it turned me off enough to make me want an SR or SR5; but I ordered the LX600 instead which is why I am here.

In all seriousness the lx will replace an X5 and the dimensions are similar but its a 3 row.

The LX600 may be the smallest 3 row in its class?
I have yet to raise the 3rd row. But I don't really have the need. I can only see using the 3rd row for kids or adults in a pinch for a short ride. If you truly want a 3 row people hauler, this is the wrong vehicle IMO.

And I think the dimensions are closer to an X7 rather than an X5.

The following 2 users liked this post by Flying3:
RedneckJoe (10-11-23), Vlad6525 (10-09-23)
Old 10-11-23, 01:01 PM
RedneckJoe
Driver

I just looked on edmunds and the lx600 is about 6 inches longer and has a 5 inch shorter wheelbase, compared to the x5.

The x7 is 3 inches longer than the lx600.

Need a third row for overflow. Live in a tight urban area, not really optimal to go much larger than the x5.

Looks like the q7 has third row and is 1 inch shorter than the lx600 though.

Considering I am paying for it and own a ranch and construction company I will lean towards the lx600. May work a little better if I inherit it.
Old 10-11-23, 01:07 PM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Hard to compare just on specs of length and width. Unless you are only interested in the numbers to park it into a garage.
For example the Mercedes Benz EQS 580 is couple inches longer and wider than a LX570 but it appears a lot smaller, the cabin is tapered to the roof, and the suspension is lower than LX.

Old 10-11-23, 08:59 PM
RedneckJoe
Driver

Yeah its getting it into places.
Old 10-12-23, 07:17 AM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by RedneckJoe
I just looked on edmunds and the lx600 is about 6 inches longer and has a 5 inch shorter wheelbase, compared to the x5.

Need a third row for overflow. Live in a tight urban area, not really optimal to go much larger than the x5.
Best bet maybe unibody car with 3rd row. Honda pilot or Acura MDX

Quick Reply: Sequoia vs LX600 Rant...