LX - 4th Gen (2022-present) Posts related to the LX600 belong in this forum

Lexus of North Miami asking 100K over MSRP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-22, 10:07 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

Unfortunately this true, but Mercedes and BMW are on the same boat, If you want to get a G wagon you will pay more, or any car that is limited in quantity and high in demand. For example Sienna is going for 10k more over mrsp, KIA carnival is in the same boat. Kia ev6 an average of 5-6k mark up. Some ford dealers are charging 50k over the new f150. But there are deals to be found, I can get a mrsp lx600 from lesus of cherry hill, lexus of Leigh valley. about 4 months wait. Not too bad, the new LX is not too much different than what I have so will wait to upgrade.
These days Tesla is the easiest to deal with, Ordered model Y performance took like 5 mins no BS.

I love the x7 but its just not a great off-roader awesome on manners so will be sticking to the LX.

Originally Posted by streborc
What a joke -- MSRP + $100K. The marketing folks at Toyota must have lost their minds -- first discontinuing the Land Cruiser and then putting the LX600 at the end of the line for rationed parts.

I stopped at a couple dealerships in April and May, just to see one (there weren't any), and to get a valuation on my 2017 LX. Sales Associate said they were accepting names and deposits for the 1/month LX600 they were receiving, and it would be likely 6-12 months for my name to be at the top. Special order? 12 months minimum. Drove away and found a 2022 BMW X7 M50i all options on-lot for MSRP, and received a really good trade allowance on my LX. Lexus is at the bottom of the luxury full-size SUV sales YTD, and seems to be trying to fall off the list altogether with market adjustments to MSRP. I know people who aren't willing to pay +$100K for a $200K MSRP MB G63. Even G63s are commanding only +$50K right now. I liked my 2017 LX, but Lexus did everything possible to push me into another brand.
Old 09-12-22, 08:35 AM
streborc
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jphcbpa
Been on a list since Dec for LX600 and doubtful it will arrive this year with this dealership getting just 1 or so cars per month. Insane. I also order a BMW 2023 X7 and a Sequoia. My plan was to go with which ever arrives first. Looks like the x7 will arrive the end of this month / beginning of Oct barring any quality control delays. The Sequoias seem to be pushed back until January I was told. Congrats on the m50i, that is a sweet sweet engine.
I like my X7 very much, although it's not an off-road SUV as is the LX. If you're not already tuned into the BMW forum https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=700, be sure to check it out. Like the LX, the '23 X7 has undergone a face-lift, but also includes mild-hybrid technology. I bought the '22 X7 M50i as this year/model doesn't have this. I'm not sure BMW has resolved all the tech problems associated with the 48 volt electrical system behind the hybrid tech, and to me a couple miles/gallon are not worth the reliability and complexity issues that accompany it.
The following users liked this post:
jphcbpa (09-12-22)
Old 12-22-22, 06:42 PM
Bimmer32
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I thought I saw a youtube comparing all these SUV, and the X7 was capable of off-road, no?
Old 12-26-22, 07:47 AM
streborc
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bimmer32
I thought I saw a youtube comparing all these SUV, and the X7 was capable of off-road, no?
Perhaps, but IMO, not as it is driven off the dealer's lot. Mine came with 22" wheels with staggered summer performance run-flat tires, that I have switched over to 20" Michelin CrossClimate2's with a new set of 20" wheels. I wouldn't stray very far off road even with 20" wheels (and the M-Sport over-sized brake calipers restrict down-sizing the wheel diameter any further. I wouldn't want to drive on rocks with any wheel larger than an 18" and as much sidewall as would fit on the stock suspension.
More worrisome is all the unprotected pneumatic plumbing that's routed around the rear under-chassis for the adaptive dynamic suspension. I think even a modest chunk of sagebrush could cause some damage. My X7 is strictly a summertime recreational road-tripper -- it's currently in hibernation 'til mid-April.
gscottmarl (12-27-22)
Old 12-26-22, 07:48 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Bimmer32
Compared to an LX or Land Cruiser, it might be useful for Overlanding, but beyond that you must be joking.
gscottmarl (12-27-22)
Old 12-27-22, 07:26 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Comparing any current off road BMW to a 4th generation LX must be a joke.