LX - 4th Gen (2022-present) Posts related to the LX600 belong in this forum

Any LX600 F-sports available at MSRP or better?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-22, 08:37 AM
mauifish
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any LX600 F-sports available at MSRP or better?

I'm in the market for a LX600 F-sport. Are any available at MSRP or better?

thanks!
Old 06-26-22, 10:04 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Is that a serious question??
Old 06-26-22, 05:27 PM
mauifish
Driver School Candidate

Yes, I'm serious. The stock market and crypto has tanked and gas prices are through the roof. I'm thinking demand for the LX600 may not be so high.
Old 06-26-22, 05:54 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by mauifish
Yes, I'm serious. The stock market and crypto has tanked and gas prices are through the roof. I'm thinking demand for the LX600 may not be so high.
I'm thinking demand is still higher than available vehicles...a lot more now as it's the first version of what will probably stay around for 5-10 more years. Imo, I'd prefer other owners drive a brand new design for a few years or so. They can handle any TSB's as they come up. NTHSB website demonstrates more than a few aw schit moments with Land Cruisers and LX's when first introduced.

Last edited by hankinid; 06-26-22 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-27-22, 07:42 AM
mauifish
Driver School Candidate

I'm at the stage now of potentially switching to an EV if I can't find a LX600 at list price. I'm not going to play the mark up game with dealers who want to take advantage of buyers. However, I think with the downturn in the stock and crypto markets, rising interest rates and high gas prices, I suspect dealers will stop the mark up on prices if they want to sell the LX600.
The following users liked this post:
cooldude34 (06-27-22)
Old 06-27-22, 10:47 AM
cooldude34
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am currently still waiting for my F sport and have had a deposit with my local dealer since December. No updates tho. Seems like allocations are really short and the production numbers aren't very high at all. I agree with you, with crashing markets and $6/gallon gas prices so I cant see dealers continue to sell this for $30k above MSRP. A Mercedes G wagon sure, but not a car that will be easily available to purchase off the lot anytime in less than 2-3 years for sure.
Old 06-27-22, 11:50 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

It’s all supply and demand. There will be no discounts until demand dries up. As far as I can tell, there is a very long waitlist and no stock anywhere. Appears they are all presold and spoken for. 🤷‍♂️
Flying3 (06-29-22)
Old 06-27-22, 12:10 PM
mauifish
Driver School Candidate

The dealers I called did not have any cars available and waiting for allocations. However, I was able to find a dealer to put me on a waiting list for MSRP. My local dealer wants 8k above list by tacking on random dealer installed accessories.
Old 07-07-22, 07:51 PM
CWK
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Maui- Hope you got that F Sport at Lexus of Seattle today.

My sales advisor called today to let me know they had a F Sport coming and if I was interested. I said yes interested and send me spec sheet. Asked him if they were going to tac on some bs dealer accessories. He said let me send you spec sheet and ask if they have to install NW package.... I got spec sheet 1 min after phone call. Took 30 seconds to look at options and responded YES I want that vehicle. Get an email 20 min later.... oh sorry I guess another sales advisor took a deposit while we were talking. I was pissed. I called him and reminded him that I was supposed to be #3 on their supposed list and both parties ahead of me already had 600's. I was told point blank by sales manager that when allocation came I would get a call and see if that trim level was going to work. All of this is BS. The supposed list is just a list of buyers to see who is the most LX600 drunk and willing to pay and not ask questions. Really disappointed yet not surprised. Car dealers get the stereotype they have for good reason.
Old 07-07-22, 08:22 PM
mauifish
Driver School Candidate

CWK, I'm not even on the Lexus of Seattle of waitlist because I'm not going to play the dealer markup game. I'm surprised you really thought you had MSRP in the bag. The $$tealers are out to make as much money as the market will bear and right now there appears to be a lineup of folks willing to pay a dealer markup. I'm on the Tacoma MSRP waitlist, but I would not be surprised to get shafted also. I've already decided that if I can't get an LX600 at MSRP, I will take my business elsewhere and get a Tesla Model S instead. However, the economy is really talking a steep nosedive lately, so I wouldn't be surprised if dealers start loosening up toward the end of the year.
Old 07-07-22, 08:31 PM
CWK
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I will be paying MSRP or buying something else.
cooldude34 (07-08-22)
Old 07-11-22, 03:21 PM
sliksunny
8th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cooldude34
I am currently still waiting for my F sport and have had a deposit with my local dealer since December. No updates tho. Seems like allocations are really short and the production numbers aren't very high at all. I agree with you, with crashing markets and $6/gallon gas prices so I cant see dealers continue to sell this for $30k above MSRP. A Mercedes G wagon sure, but not a car that will be easily available to purchase off the lot anytime in less than 2-3 years for sure.

I put a deposit down in December as well. Supposedly getting vehicle in next two weeks. My dealer has communicated when vehicle was being produced, when it shipped, when the vessel landed in California and when the vehicle got on rail. Let you guys know when I get it!

Old 07-12-22, 12:14 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,278 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Before I begin, I am not a sales person and stem to gain absolutely nothing from this

There is a Caviar and Black LX600 Luxury at Lexus of Palm Beach. It has an MSRP of $108,000, BUT it has a $30k markup. However, having said that, in the past with even rarer vehicles such as the IS500 Launch Edition, a forum member was able to talk them down to MSRP from a $25,000 markup. I can confirm that the vehicle has been at the dealer for at least 1.5 weeks and at least one customer has walked away from it because of the markup. The inventory manager is itching to sell it. Try your luck and see if they will come down to MSRP.
Old 07-17-22, 07:26 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

my dealer "lexus of cherry hill" can procure one but there is a wait of 4-6 months. its at MRSP though. no one is gona pay markups on these.
Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Before I begin, I am not a sales person and stem to gain absolutely nothing from this

There is a Caviar and Black LX600 Luxury at Lexus of Palm Beach. It has an MSRP of $108,000, BUT it has a $30k markup. However, having said that, in the past with even rarer vehicles such as the IS500 Launch Edition, a forum member was able to talk them down to MSRP from a $25,000 markup. I can confirm that the vehicle has been at the dealer for at least 1.5 weeks and at least one customer has walked away from it because of the markup. The inventory manager is itching to sell it. Try your luck and see if they will come down to MSRP.

Last edited by UZ214; 07-17-22 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-17-22, 07:30 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,278 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by UZ214
my dealer "lexus of cherry hill" can procure one but there is a wait of 4-6 months. its at MRSP though. no one is gone pay markups on these.
I agree. I would NEVER pay a markup and I frown upon cars that have them. But given the dealer’s track record, I’m confident this one could be had at MSRP by a shrewd negotiator

Quick Reply: Any LX600 F-sports available at MSRP or better?