LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

iphone and 07 LX470

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-10, 09:04 PM
LXBriGuy
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default iphone and 07 LX470

Just got my 07 LX, checked out this link:

http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/p...tshowdefview=1

I noticed that certain functions just don't work with the iPHone. Such as when a person calls me, the car's ringer won't sound. Or when i make a phone call dialing from my iPhone, i can't hear the other person's phone ringing.

Does anyone have an more experience with working around these problems?

The only way i was able to get contacts into my LX Phonebook was to borrow a friend's LG phone, put my contacts on his phone, then transfer them to the LX.

I am all ears here!

Thanks
Old 06-21-10, 07:31 PM
LXBriGuy
Driver

Good news, today 6/21/10, Apple Released the new iPhone 4 OS. So i updated my 3g and BINGO, my ringer started worked through the LX system.
Old 06-30-10, 07:29 PM
batmbl
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default phonebook transfer

Originally Posted by LXBriGuy
Just got my 07 LX, checked out this link:

http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/p...tshowdefview=1

I noticed that certain functions just don't work with the iPHone. Such as when a person calls me, the car's ringer won't sound. Or when i make a phone call dialing from my iPhone, i can't hear the other person's phone ringing.

Does anyone have an more experience with working around these problems?

The only way i was able to get contacts into my LX Phonebook was to borrow a friend's LG phone, put my contacts on his phone, then transfer them to the LX.

I am all ears here!

Thanks
I don't use an IPhone, but can't seem to transfer my phone book from my Blackberry to my 05 LX system. Looking for any help, Thanks.
Old 06-30-10, 08:27 PM
LXBriGuy
Driver

Originally Posted by batmbl
I don't use an IPhone, but can't seem to transfer my phone book from my Blackberry to my 05 LX system. Looking for any help, Thanks.
Batmbl,

I can't get my iPhone to download my contacts either. I did take it to the dealership, and the mechanic there used his Blackberry, and it didn't work either. But then i tried a friend's LG phone and have also used my old Treo and they both work. So i have resorted to putting the contacts that i want on my old Treo 650 and sending them via bluetooth to the phonebook on the LX. The LX can only import one name at a time for me, I cannot upload an entire phonebook.

One of the frustrating things about the LX phone interface is that there is no other way to put in a name and number into the phonebook manually; you have to upload it from another phone.

Now that i imported the names and numbers i wanted, everything works perfectly, and when those people call, their name and number shows up on the display.
Old 07-02-10, 02:16 PM
batmbl
Rookie

Originally Posted by LXBriGuy
Batmbl,

I can't get my iPhone to download my contacts either. I did take it to the dealership, and the mechanic there used his Blackberry, and it didn't work either. But then i tried a friend's LG phone and have also used my old Treo and they both work. So i have resorted to putting the contacts that i want on my old Treo 650 and sending them via bluetooth to the phonebook on the LX. The LX can only import one name at a time for me, I cannot upload an entire phonebook.

One of the frustrating things about the LX phone interface is that there is no other way to put in a name and number into the phonebook manually; you have to upload it from another phone.

Now that i imported the names and numbers i wanted, everything works perfectly, and when those people call, their name and number shows up on the display.
Thanks for the response. Still trying to work this out.
Old 03-05-11, 11:27 AM
Sarcasmo
Driver School Candidate

Default So?

Did anyone figure out how to import their phone book from the iPhone into the Lexus? I just picked up an '08 ES 350 and I can't get the phone book to transfer.

Thanks!