Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

2015 rcf

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-23, 06:37 AM
lawbrum319
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 rcf

Hey all. I have a 2015 RCF. Right at 51k miles on it. Had a weird thing happen that may be related or a coincidence but I figure you guys are experts here where I am not one bit. I had my oil changed at the Ford dealership where I purchased this vehicle used as it comes with the lifetime warranty on the engine and transmission as long as I do the standard maintenance with their service department. Thankfully that just includes oil changes and tire rotation. At my last oil change about a month ago the car began to run a little rough after the oil change. Ended up seeing they had not replaced the two clips on the top of my air box and it was kind of open. I brought it to their attention and they of course said they never touched the air box while doing an oil change. I know that those clips dont just come off without someone touching them, and certainly didn't. Anyway, I took to a shop to have them look at the car as check PCS system lights came on and the check engine light. I have never had any issues with this car before. The shop where I took it rigged it so the box could be closed with a screw and some springs. Didn't ask and Im not thrilled with this, but the real issue at the moment is that the lights all came back on less than 5 minutes of picking my car back up. I took this to Toyota of Gallatin and they were able to see that the air and fuel mixture was off a bit and it was running rich. They couldn't really help with their diagnostics because of the actual car and referred me to Lexus of Nashville. Those guys kept my car a few days and then told me to come pick it up that they couldn't work on it. When I got the car it was modified a bit. It has some RR Racing aftermarket parts and it is lowered. So now Im kind of stuck. I have it right now at another shop, but not sure they will be able to help. I am hoping someone on here may have some information on a shop that can work on modified Lexus in the middle Tennessee area. I have completely struck out. I now have this beautiful car that may as well be a paperweight since I cant drive it. Appreciate any thoughts.
Old 10-30-23, 07:16 AM
KennyFSU
Instructor

Received 336 Likes on 213 Posts

Is there a CEL and what is the code?

It sounds like a bad coil pack.
Old 10-30-23, 11:13 AM
lawbrum319
Rookie

Yes, there is a check engine light as well. I dont have the code yet but will post on here once I get that information. Weird how well this thing was running and then all of a sudden it just wasnt.
Old 10-30-23, 12:41 PM
lawbrum319
Rookie

So the codes are coming back as P11EB and P219B. Both are dealing with air/fuel mixture. Im sure when the car had the upgraded RR Racing stuff that this has led to soemthing happening. Shop is looking at it, but just unsure how this will turn out. Im still looking for a reputable place in Tennessee to take this thing if it really needs work done now or in the future.