Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Independent shop that knows LS models in Austin TX

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-24, 09:21 AM
leboose
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Independent shop that knows LS models in Austin TX

Hi, I've been looking for a reputable shop in Austin TX that could service my LS430. I'll need a timing belt job soon (ish, ~ 20k mi) and I would like someone who knows what they're doing. I've checked out some shops already and had bad luck with them (maybe a good story for another time ). Basically, I need a shop that's capable of taking our 220K mile LS and keeping it in top condition for at least another 200K miles.

I'm also looking for a good tire and alignment shop

Shops I've tried:
- Edgestone (they installed the wheel bearings and had to replace them 2x due to them failing)
- Rising sun automotive (left the car with them for a day due to wheel bearing noise which they diagnosed to be feathered tires. They weren't; see above.)
- Torqque (good guys, but expeeensiiive and don't specialize in Lexus or Toyota.)
The following users liked this post:
Christobol (01-08-24)
Old 01-08-24, 10:00 PM
Christobol
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like you didn't find anyone. I'm looking to buy a 2021 LS right now, so I'd like to know what you come across. I was out in southern California for several years and found a place called Tucker Tire in Laguna Niguel, and I've never seen another tire shop remotely as good. So I'd like to know what's out here now as I never found one as a kid growing up here and haven't since moving back.