Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Fog Lights missing

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-03, 05:38 PM
Orbit9
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fog Lights missing

I am wondering how difficult it is to steal fog lights from a 98 GS4? Is it easy or difficult? I noticed one day at home right after work that my fog lights are missing. I checked the bumper and there is no visible scratches or anything like that indicating they were forced out. Now, I am just not sure whether it was stolen or that the dealer took them out and forgot to put them back. I am not sure I should call the dealer because it has been several months since my last maintenance (and I doubt the dealer will acknowledge my accusation).

So, which one is kind of more likely, stolen or the dealer?

And how much does the pair of fog lights costs?

Any help is appreciated.

Old 12-01-03, 10:06 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

It is VERY easy to steal the fogs. Only thing holding them down are two screws. Unscrew the 2 srews and pull the fogs out; gone in less than a minute.

Sorry , but someone stole your fogs. The dealer really has no reason to mess with your fogs , unless you paid them to change out the bulbs.

Contact Steve Ganz at Gonzo4u@earthlink.net or SUPRATRD at clublexus , for a good price on replacements.

Are you missing the foglight housing or the foglight housing and assembly (whole fog light)? The cost should be less than 200, very rough estimate. I paid 100 bucks for one whole fog light assembly at the dealer. That was before i met Steve though. You will have to multiply your costs by two, as i was only missing one fog, that was destroyed by a tire debris. If your just missing the housing, it's around 100 bucks for a pair of housings.

Sucks that in today's society punks resort to stealing , instead of working hard.
Old 12-02-03, 04:55 PM
Orbit9
Rookie

Thanks 1niceride for the help. I guess I will have to buy new ones.....

By the way, I am not a car guy so how can you tell what is the foglight housing and the assembly. Is it obvious? I have to take a closer look.

Why would anyone steal fog lights? What are they good for? Can not compute.....

Last edited by Orbit9; 12-02-03 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-02-03, 04:59 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

You are in luck!

Steve just put up a group buy for these for our forum members. Check the 'approved vendors' forum.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=103567

Last edited by DaveGS4; 12-02-03 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-02-03, 05:08 PM
Orbit9
Rookie

Nevermind the foglight housing and assembly thing. I just fingured out that I need both....

Sucks....

Old 12-02-03, 06:26 PM
ripe911
Pole Position

You're lucky you're not in New York City. Crooks not only steal foglights but headlights too. I know some one with a 2003 Maxima with Factory HID and they took both headlights. The whole housing and everything. They even bent the hood. I am sure they will able to sell those to a lot of non-HiD Maxima owners. Just the bulbs are $200+ a pair.
Old 12-03-03, 10:25 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds more like it was stolen. If they were yellow foglights, then you need to know that those are in high demand.

Yellow foglights normally come with OEM HID headlights. White foglights come with normal halogen headlights.

Pete
Old 12-03-03, 02:14 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by PHML
Sounds more like it was stolen. If they were yellow foglights, then you need to know that those are in high demand.

Yellow foglights normally come with OEM HID headlights. White foglights come with normal halogen headlights.

Pete
Orbit9 , If they where stolen by a CL member we will have to Tar and Feather Him and post his pictures so the world can see this low life.........And I will do the Tar part to him!
Old 12-03-03, 02:25 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Lexkost
Orbit9 , If they where stolen by a CL member we will have to Tar and Feather Him and post his pictures so the world can see this low life.........And I will do the Tar part to him!
ARRRR, then we make him walk the plank ye mateys. .....just saw Pirates of the Caribbean again, sorry.

Last edited by siniquezu; 12-03-03 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-03-03, 04:03 PM
ripe911
Pole Position

Hey that reminds me. I got Pirates of the Carribean last night. Need to watch it now. Gotta go.
Old 12-03-03, 06:22 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by ripe911
Hey that reminds me. I got Pirates of the Carribean last night. Need to watch it now. Gotta go.
Is that the movie with Johnny (*** In The Bag )Depp!
Old 12-03-03, 11:56 PM
persian451
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that the movie with Johnny (*** In The Bag )Depp!
lol
Old 12-11-03, 10:00 PM
Orbit9
Rookie

Thanks for everyone's help and I just got my new fog lights from Steve (or I should say Gordon). I have two questions now :

1) Is it easy to steal fog light from any car model? Because GS is just kind of too easy....

2) I am afraid the lights will get stolen again so anybody has idea on how to make it harder to steal.

Thanks again
Old 12-11-03, 10:14 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Orbit9
Thanks for everyone's help and I just got my new fog lights from Steve (or I should say Gordon). I have two questions now :

1) Is it easy to steal fog light from any car model? Because GS is just kind of too easy....

2) I am afraid the lights will get stolen again so anybody has idea on how to make it harder to steal.

Thanks again
Put them in with tamper-proof screws.
Old 12-12-03, 12:33 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Put them in with tamper-proof screws.
Put them in and strip the screws. hehe

Quick Reply: Fog Lights missing