Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

service at magnussen's lexus rocks

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-04, 12:27 PM
ocean350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up service at magnussen's lexus rocks

my 99 gs400 had 2 services there and they are really professional and charge their service reasonably.

highly recommended!!!

cheers,
Old 03-11-04, 12:35 AM
bscottj
Rookie

Thumbs up

Yes I must agree. I live in Seattle and know 3 families here who bought there cars at Magnussen (including me). Magnussen is top notch, highly recommended for those who live in the SF Bay Area.
Old 03-11-04, 09:03 AM
fisher_price
Rookie

They're more expensive than some of the other dealers around, but are generally worth it.

Probably my favorite thing about them is how they don't get upset when you tell them not to do something-- they didn't bat an eye when I politely refused to have them check my valve alignment at 60,000 miles, and I have twice taken the car in for diagnostics and then taken it elsewhere for service (brakes and my DIY starter experience).

Actually-- my favorite thing about is the hours. 24/7 service department Mon-Fri, and open till midnight or so on the weekends.

Definitely recommended.

f_p
Old 03-11-04, 10:05 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by fisher_price
Actually-- my favorite thing about is the hours. 24/7 service department Mon-Fri, and open till midnight or so on the weekends.
Wow, that must be real nice. The service dept for the dealership around here is open till 11PM (M-F), the main reason it gets a lot of business, but of course doesn't compare to the 24/7 deal. Imagine you wake up in the middle of night, with the pounding thought in your head that your baby needs a tune-up badly, and then you head over to the service dept at 3 in the morning and find the service consultants there happy to assist you... LOL
Old 03-11-04, 10:09 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by fisher_price
Probably my favoritte thing about them too.
Old 03-11-04, 03:03 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have taken both of my vehicles [GS400 & LX470] into Magnussen's for warranty work and dealer service. Customer service has always been top notch, their hours can't be beat and they rarely have more than a single day backlog. But... They are expensive and I always get pushback on my complaints. They will fix anything I can specifically point out but don't seem interested in trying to diagnose intermittent problems. And I have found them more "technician" oriented than "mechanic" oriented, meaning they are happiest when they can replace an entire part and diagnose a problem using a computer.

Both my cars are certified pre-owned that I purchased from Lexus of Steven's Creek. Let's just say I was not happy with LSC after several problematic visits. I have not gone back to LSC, so my comments do not necessarily apply to the new service facility. One of these days I'll give them another try.

Last edited by redgs4; 03-11-04 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-11-04, 11:44 PM
Goods
Driver

Speaking of magnussen. Those guys are great.
Did any of you get the "inside track" letter with complimentary oil change certificate on the back?
I was gonna take it in, and lo and behold, a free oil change comes in the mail.

I took mine in just the other day. They took care of me ... woo hoo.
No hard sell on the additional services. They tell you what they find, make a recommendation and let you decide. Their prices are a little steep, but I don't mind going there just for oil changes. Good to get something on the maintenance service records.