Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

? on repair costs for a sc400

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-04, 10:41 AM
Ice007
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? on repair costs for a sc400

hello, after several months of viewing the board I decided to register because in a recent acquisition, I am going to be the new owner of a 1992 Lexus SC400. I received the car in a totalled state. My question to whoever can help me is what is going to be the costs to fix, and register the car? I have some knowledge of cars but this it out of my league. My friend who sold me the car, told me that I needed a new rear brake drum, a new coil over and a new suspension rod. I will have a local mechanic take a look at the car also, but I just wanted a ballpark figure on how much I am looking to spend on both new and used parts. If anyone know a place where I can aquire these parts it would be much appreciated.

thankyou in advance.
Ice
Old 03-21-04, 12:40 AM
HotBoy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man it is really hard to say how much a fix on your car i sgoing to cost you without knowing exactly what is wrong. If the car was totalled then I think you will have bigger problems than just a rear brake drum and " coilover " ?. If you need a new drum and the damage is in that area then you will probably need new control arms, springs, struts, don't know what else depends on the damage.
A tip that might save you some money is that for suspension parts you can use supra parts they are usually cheaper, the rear control arms will be too short but you can swap in the whole supra assembly as an option, if you need to replace all this then there you go.
Other than that maybe post a pic of the car, like I said it is hard to tell without seeing the damage.