Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Getting Recommended Maint. in the DC-area?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-04 | 02:23 PM
bob2200
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Question Getting Recommended Maint. in the DC-area?

My RX300 is due for the 2year/30K-mi maintenance next month and I'd like to find a local dealer willing to do just the Lexus-recommended maintenance per the Lexus maintenance schedule in the owners manual (and also as posted in the ClubLexus Library). There are four Lexus dealers in the greater-Wash. DC area, so you'd think this might be a possibility, right?

I struck out with inquiries about a 15K-mi/1yr service last year at Lexus of Alexandria. The service advisors there have a carefully practiced script "that driving conditions in the Washington DC are unique and thus the extra maintenance is required". Lexus of Chantilly was willing to work with me last year. This year, the service advisor who was nice last year no longer works there and they've gotten their script down (30K-mi service = $610 period). Lexus of Rockville and Silver Spring seem to have their e-mails answered by robots, with one quoting me $540.

Anybody in the DC-area (or elsewhere) got any suggestions? Otherwise, I may have to drive south to Richmond or north to IronToad, or something. It's the principle of the thing.
Old 07-12-04 | 03:43 PM
bob2200
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

UPDATE: I just got a nice reply from the Service Manager at Lexus of Alexandria. It was a detailed, thoughtful reply; and to be fair, he had been on vacation the past week.

His numbers are $ 544 for the Lexus-recommended service (plus balancing tires) and $ 649 to include transmission drain/refill, wiper blade replacement, and a few other little things.
Old 07-13-04 | 07:52 AM
btanchors
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Bob -

When you are calling these dealers, are you asking them specifically for a "30K mile service" or are you specifically asking them for quotes on the specific services you want?

In other words, I'm sure if you say something like "I have a Lexus xxx with 30K miles and I want some services done" they will instantly launch into their scripted response.

But if you try something like "I have a Lexus XXX and need the following things done:

Rotate Tires
Change engine oil
Change transmission oil
Etc."

Ask them for a quote for these things and don't tell them how many miles you have. I think they should be willing to sell services a la Carte.

I am interested in your experiences because I am also in the DC area and will eventually want to know who I should use for services for my GS430.....