Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Horrible Lexus service experience need help!(Problem solved))

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-04, 01:19 PM
JulieLexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read your previous threads and realized you only have $36,000.00 and your car is under bumper to bumper warranty, get this car fixed now... Also, you need to talk to the customer service manager and the sales manager, believe it or not the sales floor manager the one whom sold you the car has control over you geting a rental . Just demand it... If that fails you need to contact Lexus.. they can help you more then you would think...

I know you may not take me seriouslly, because I am women.

But i do know that I would be on the phone to lexus corporate office 1st thing Monday morning discussing the issues you are having with this dealership. This is just wrong. Your car should not be having any problems with canaster at 36,000.00 for that matter you should be having no problems, unless the previous owner altered the car. The IS is the sport model, so possibly it was altered and effects how the car is running as far as emmissions etc.

I really think Lexus will stand behind their name and get your car problem fixed. But I am not confident with your dealership.

I do not suggest you have a non lexus mechanic fix the car. But I would have someone take a look at it you trust if you know of anyone beside the dealership. I would take the car to autozone and rent the scan code machine.. This should totally help you understand what may possibly going on and not relying on them to do it... They are really simple to you. If you are not sure how to use..

How do you think the car runs although the engine light is on. Because everytime you take it to lexus and they say they fix the problem.. I do know they are just resetting the engine light, so it will most likly go on in a week or two. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Keep me posted.

Also, be sure to document who you talk to and what day and time... It will make the world of difference.
Always ask for managers.

You may want to try another dealership if you are allowed to do that. I can't remember if you are.

I would think you could.
Old 10-10-04, 08:18 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Arrow D-day!

Ok guys I just dropped the car at the same dealership today, as for another Lexus dealership the nearest one is 1 hr away from me near Philly. I am from Bethlehem, Pa.

I had a good friend of mine take a look at the codes and hes said it should be a stuck ccv valve or a bad canitser. Bottom line the car is way under warranty and the treatment is not acceptable. Let's see how it goes this time around. If they do not meet my expectations and the car does not gets fixed I will be ready for WAR !!! Not to mention I will have a big chat with the main Lexus corporate.

As far as I know the car has never been modified! Everything is stock with no signs of modifications!
Old 10-12-04, 05:45 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Thumbs up Loaner

I received a call from Lexus and they said they needed to change the canister which is defective but they also needed to keep the car for one more day till the part came in and they can go ahead and install it.

I asked for a loaner and they said no problem, minutes later they had an 05 Chrysler 300 with the hemi parked out for me their expense. The treatment was very very good this time around.

Hope the repair holds as good as the great treatment this time around.

Will keep you guys informed.
Old 10-12-04, 09:30 AM
JulieLexus
Driver School Candidate

Default 5gears-IS

Very cool. I have a feeling everything will be great from here on out.
Old 10-12-04, 02:12 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Loaner

Originally posted by 5gears-IS
I received a call from Lexus and they said they needed to change the canister which is defective but they also needed to keep the car for one more day till the part came in and they can go ahead and install it.

I asked for a loaner and they said no problem, minutes later they had an 05 Chrysler 300 with the hemi parked out for me their expense. The treatment was very very good this time around.

congrats man

hows the hemi ?
Old 10-12-04, 02:24 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Loaner

Originally posted by 5gears-IS

Thats what im talking about.
Old 10-12-04, 09:00 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Default Thanks + misc

First I want to say thanks to everyone that participated on my thread.
I picked up the car and it seems to be repaired right this time around. The Hemi is very powerful ! I am not a domestic car follower and no offense that 300 felt very cheap and to plain on the inside. I did received lots of thumbs up and many people asking me things about it.
Old 10-13-04, 06:56 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm glad everything went well and you are happy with the result. Sometimes the engine code is not easy to fix, especially the one that related to emission.

Before do the diagnostic with the emission related problem, the coolant temperature sensor and the air intake temp. have to be within 12 degrees with each other, which mean the car have to be cold. The engine code only give the HINT of the problem. It will not tell you what's wrong or how to fix it. It will take a lot of time to figure it out.
Old 10-13-04, 11:11 PM
JulieLexus
Driver School Candidate

I am also glad it worked out for you..

yay
Old 10-16-04, 06:52 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

Default nice

If you post a email for the dealership I'd like to thank them too.

Its all too often dealerships get bad press on the net, I would like to let them know the ClubLexus users commend them.
Old 10-17-04, 12:02 PM
JulieLexus
Driver School Candidate

Default horrible lexus experiance

awww that is really nice of you.

Alot of times we forget that All Lexus dealerships are different and if we have problems we should deal with the corporate office first..

Lexus is a very reputable company they will stand behind their name..

It just takes a little time and persistance.. which some of do not have alot of time and some of forget that you need to push for what you deserve and you do own a lexus it's not a ford or chevy.. oops sorry chevy and ford guys..

take care