Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Lexus quality going down?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-04, 05:51 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus quality going down?

For the Lexus cars/trucks made outside of Japan do you think they are built worse and the quality is going down?

It seemed like the 91 Accord I had (made in Japan), the 91 Toyota MR2 I had (made in Japan) and my Yamaha FZR600 (made in Japan).

Now that some Lexus models are made in the USA are they having more problems than usual. I mean were not talking Ford / GM quality problems, but not the rock solid reliablility we expect from Honda, Toyota, Lexus.
Old 10-12-04, 06:35 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What's kind of Lexus do you have the problem with? Only Lexus that bliud in North America is the RX330 and they are doing well as far as quality concern.

The Canadian do the great job of bluiding the RX330 and I know they're par with the Japanese bluid RX330.

Any first hand experience with the RX330 that bluid in North America?.

The U.S made Tacoma, Avalon, Camry or Corolla have the same or higher bluid quility than the one from Japan( Avanlon exclusively for the American's market).
Old 10-12-04, 09:08 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by VVT-i
What's kind of Lexus do you have the problem with? Only Lexus that bliud in North America is the RX330 and they are doing well as far as quality concern.

The Canadian do the great job of bluiding the RX330 and I know they're par with the Japanese bluid RX330.

Any first hand experience with the RX330 that bluid in North America?.

The U.S made Tacoma, Avalon, Camry or Corolla have the same or higher bluid quility than the one from Japan( Avanlon exclusively for the American's market).
off topic, BUT... do you mean build?? u used EVERY possibility but the right one

Last edited by varcity64; 10-12-04 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-12-04, 09:18 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by varcity64
off topic, BUT... do you mean build?? u used EVERY possibility but the right one
i think he meant build LOL

but as far as build goes doesnt Lexus have the least amount of problems
Old 10-13-04, 07:03 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by varcity64
Thank you varcity64... , lol.
Old 10-14-04, 11:53 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by VVT-i
Thank you varcity64... , lol.
all in good humor i for one am no editor or english major, just found it funny

now for toy4two's sake, let's get back on topic... lexus quality... personnally, i think that lexus quality is great and i have yet to find a MAJOR reason to say otherwise :knock-on-wood:
Old 10-16-04, 06:49 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

Default good to hear

I absolutley love the reliability of my RX300 not to mention the service I get at the stealership.

But I was reseraching the BMW Z3 as a sports car to go with the SUV, and WOW those models are made in the USA in South Carolina and you wouldn't believe the pictures of sub frames cracking and floors falling apart at the spot welds.

I don't know if you blame the engineers who designed it, or the guys that welded it together, but it was made in the USA...

...you would think BMW would do a recall on that model and replace everyone's frames, but they won't do it. If I paid for a BMW or Lexus I would find that unacceptable. Lexus had no problem issuing extended warranties if anyone experienced a gelling engine. (Actually M3 motors are known to grenade so BMW also raised their engine warranty to 100,000miles, but they left the Z3 owners out in the cold re: frame cracking).

http://bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156388se

Last edited by toy4two; 10-17-04 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-19-04, 11:54 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

I've got an '05 RX330 loaner now, on the plate it lists the country of manufactuer as Japan. I too was under the impression this was a Canadian build. ??
Old 10-26-04, 01:45 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

As VVT-i mentioned, the ONLY Lexus made outside of Japan is the RX 330 & that's built in the award winning plant in Cambridge, Ontario. No quality problems that any of Lexus plants in Japan don't have.
Old 11-24-04, 10:35 PM
Ismet
Driver School Candidate

Default stealership

hahaha I like how he said stealership thats a good one thats really true! hmm how come its the cars made in america seem to have more trouble thats kinda sad america should be the county to make the best cars ! But what would u rather drive a chrysler lhs or an ls400 a ford taurus or an es300!?
Old 11-24-04, 10:49 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally posted by RA40
I've got an '05 RX330 loaner now, on the plate it lists the country of manufactuer as Japan. I too was under the impression this was a Canadian build. ??
The TMMC made RX330's are mainly distributed to Canada and Eastern Regions. We in the West Coast benefit from getting our Toyota Kyushu Plant made RX330's through our Long Beach and Oregon Ports.
Old 12-01-04, 01:20 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by flipside909
The TMMC made RX330's are mainly distributed to Canada and Eastern Regions. We in the West Coast benefit from getting our Toyota Kyushu Plant made RX330's through our Long Beach and Oregon Ports.

Not sure what you mean when you say the folks on the west coast "benefit" by getting your RX from the Japanese plant?
Old 12-13-04, 12:55 PM
krpster
Rookie

Distribution mix of the vehicle goes even further than that. It also depends on trim level. The Canadian plant (TMMC) builds all of the models for Canada, Eastern and Central US except for the base model and any model with the 3 pc roof. The Japanese plant (TMK) builds for the western US and all overseas markets as well as the models listed above that TMMC does not build.
Old 12-14-04, 04:31 PM
jaydunn
Pole Position

Originally posted by Lexusfreak
Not sure what you mean when you say the folks on the west coast "benefit" by getting your RX from the Japanese plant?
I suspect they believe the Japanese RX330s don't rattle and buzz quite as much as my '04 assembled in Canada.
Old 12-14-04, 09:49 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Lexus of Concord had a TMMC-made RX on their lot a few months ago...

Quick Reply: Lexus quality going down?