Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

LONGO Service Dept. damaged my wheels!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-04, 09:35 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry LONGO Service Dept. damaged my wheels!!!

Ok, my worse nightmare finally came. Took my car in for service last Saturday and the car was ready to pick up today. Before, I drive the car off I always inspect the wheels to make sure they did not curb rush or damaged my lip, especially after what they did recently to another CL member's car (strshooter). When the valet guy pull up, I immediately notice a huge white splash spot on the lip of my wheels (driver side both front and back). I look around and the other side seems to be fine, but it was too dark for me to inspect them thoroughly. Anyways, I know Norm (strshooter) is currently taking LONGO to a small claim court to resolve this issue. I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow morning to find out what they will do.

I was so pissed and refused to drive my car off their premises. This way, they will not have an excuse to say I damage the wheels myself. Damn.... I should have told them not to wash my car (which I did last time just right after I saw Norm's post)..... For those of you who take your car to LONGO, make sure you tell them to leave your car unwash!!!!!

(This does not help me at all, since I am just thinking about buying another car from LONGO.)

Last edited by GSXOTIC; 11-19-04 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-18-04, 10:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wtf?! so they washed your car and damaged the wheels? man i gotta talk to longo about this.

i will never bring my car there for service anyway
Old 11-18-04, 11:22 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

THAT SUX!!!!
Old 11-18-04, 11:38 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by rominl
wtf?! so they washed your car and damaged the wheels? man i gotta talk to longo about this.

i will never bring my car there for service anyway
I was so mad, I couldn't put words together. They never have this kind of problem when they had the service department downstairs and use hand wash. One thing I absolutely hate is the dishonesty. Someone knows he ****ed it up, but they do not have the courage to tell. They know the service advisor do not inspect the car once the car is done and invoiced. Then, once the customer drive the car off the lot, it is no longer their responsibility and they can say whatever they want.

Last edited by GSXOTIC; 11-18-04 at 11:40 PM.
Old 11-19-04, 01:45 AM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Mark sorry to hear your misfortune. Ever since longo moved upstairs they started using a car wash machine that you drive thru. People who has bigger staggered rims SHOULD never ever have longo wash their car after service is done, because the rail where your wheels goes thru is very very narrow. Everytime i go to longo for service, i'll print out a paper that says "DO NOT WASH" and tape it inside and outside of the windshield and also remind the service advisor millions of times to remember not to wash my car. By the way who's your service advisor? I'll always go to Hector or Phill.. they know i'm very **** about my car and they always take extra care.

Tom
Old 11-19-04, 01:47 AM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Mark i forgot to ask in my previous post. You Work Termist go damaged or your new set of 20's u were talking to get??
Old 11-19-04, 02:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by GSXOTIC
I was so mad, I couldn't put words together. They never have this kind of problem when they had the service department downstairs and use hand wash. One thing I absolutely hate is the dishonesty. Someone knows he ****ed it up, but they do not have the courage to tell. They know the service advisor do not inspect the car once the car is done and invoiced. Then, once the customer drive the car off the lot, it is no longer their responsibility and they can say whatever they want.
i can totally understand your frustration man...... i can ONLY imagine what i would be like if that happens. i will MAKE SURE every single one in the pick up area and also the sales area know about wtf is going on.... that's freaking acceptable man. and with two cars having the SAME symptoms now, i don't see how longo can even try to get away with it

btw, mark, what's your schedule next week?

Last edited by rominl; 11-19-04 at 02:31 AM.
Old 11-19-04, 02:56 AM
Drukinfoolio
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, about what happen to you wheels.
But have you guys ever notice what kind of people washes the car, when it's done with service.
At our dealership it's the min. paying guys. Sorry to say but they don't really care about your car as long as they get their job done. Most of the time a car is washed in the drive thru. with little care unless you asked for a hand wash. I ALWAYS tell them not to wash my car when service is done.
Old 11-19-04, 08:49 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry to hear about your wheels! That really sux!!.............................I never have the dealer wash my car. Nonetheless it is always spotless when take it in anyway. My service advisor also knows not to have it washed. Since I have only one mechanic that works on my car he knows how picky and **** I am, especially about my wheels, so he always takes his extra time & cleans after himself and parks my car in a open space away from all the cars in the lot. I dont even have the porters park my car or bring it up.They all stare at my car when I pull in and fight to see who parks it...NOT!!!!! My process is very simple, I check in with my service advisor first and then go to the service bay and hand my keys to my mechanic who then pulls it into the shop. Works well everytime!!. The payoff for the VIP treatment is a bottle of Appleton Rum for my mech and service guy at christmas time.

Last edited by alsilverbullet; 11-19-04 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-19-04, 09:38 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to head about this Mark. I don't even know how anyone reasonable can think that it is OK to run wheels with larger rims and lower profile tires through those rails and think nothing will happen. They should at least go and ask the customer.

I hope this does not derail your "other" plans.
Old 11-19-04, 11:08 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

thanks for all the supports. my service guy is Mike Sander and he has been taking care of me since 97 when I bought my SC. He knew how I am with the car, so he asked the car wash guy to take my car downstair for car wash last time. (This is because I mentioned to him the possibility of rim and body kit damage if the car goes through the automatic car wash system) Anyways, I contacted him this morning and I am still waiting for his phone call.

Tommy: I did not get any 20", it is still my Termist

Henry: I am open next week. There was a possiblity of me going to Vegas for Thanksgiving, but I don't have the mood anymore... If you are planning to come down, give me a call 562-644-3268

Chris (Neo): I don't know yet at this point. But I will sure keep you update!
Old 11-19-04, 12:59 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Mark sorry to hear that man, that's very unfortunate. I hope things can get resolved soon. The last time I was at Longo they asked me if I wanted my car washed or not. I dunno perhaps the night crew is more careful than the day crew since I always take my car in after work.
Old 11-19-04, 03:32 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear of what happened Mark. If it helps at all, always talk to the person at the top of Longo as they make the final decision.
Old 11-19-04, 03:37 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Marc, Please keep us updated on what Longo does to try and resolve this problem. Sorry to hear about this man...
Old 11-19-04, 05:07 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Got a call from Longo. Longo is trying to see what they can do with the damage at their detail shop. (Does this mean they are admitting the guilt with the fact that they are try to fix the problem?) Anyways, at least my service advisor is on my side and trying to push for some kind of resolution to the problem. Base on my experience and knowledge, those type of damages can not be fixed (meaning re-anodizing the lip). It will be interested to see what they are doing to make the wheels return to the original finished. Still pissed off though, they are going to keep my car over the weekend.

Regardless, hey Mike, if you are reading this, thank you for all the hard work. I am gathering all the invoices and documents together just in case.

Quick Reply: LONGO Service Dept. damaged my wheels!!!