Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Non-dealer Service in St. Louis, MO?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-04, 05:34 AM
dzar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non-dealer Service in St. Louis, MO?

Anyone from the St. Louis area have any recommendations on shops that are NOT the two lousy dealers in town for servicing Lexus vehicles? I'm fed up with being cheated at Plaza and I've also had a bad experience with Mungenast. Anybody in the area that people trust?

My experience, yesterday, takes the cake. I was in for 60,000 mile service and made it very clear (and in print) what services I wanted and didn't want. I was told I should do what the dealer wanted but I was adamant to do only what the Lexus manual stated. When I picked up my car I was charged for at least one item I specifically asked them NOT to do. I never use a trailer or car-top carrier and they did a differential fluid flush which is only required if you do those things a lot; and AFTER I told them NOT to do this.

Argh... not the first experience like this, either.

So... anyone else in town capable of servicing my Lexus?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Dave
Old 12-01-04, 05:53 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

So far I have been pleased with the service at Dave Mungenast Lexus. I would never use Plaza for anything. I have not heard of anyone servicing Lexus, but I do know the name of a guy that worked for Toyota for many years before finally opening his own shop to service Toyota's. It is called Import Auto. Talk to Jim Nieters (the owner). He may be able to help you. His phone number is 314-487-8338. He is located in South County. Hope that helps.