Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Oil pan problem...HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-05, 11:36 AM
ice7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pan problem...HELP!!

I just bought a 1993 es300 and took the car for an oil change today and found out that the oil pan threads were nonexisitant. basically the oil plug is not screwed into the oil and just barely holding on. I need to find a place where that is inexpensive to purchase this oil pan so I can replace it myself. Any suggestions? Would the toyota camry oil pan fit? Any advice would be appreciatied.
Old 02-02-05, 01:03 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

First thing's first, have you tried replacing the drain plug with a new one? If that yielded the same result, then the problem seems to be that the threads for the oil pan where the drain plug is fastened are stripped. I would go the safe route and get an oil pan from the same year ES as yours. You can purchase one from http://www.newlexusparts.com

I'm also moving this to Maintenance.
Old 02-02-05, 02:00 PM
ice7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusk8
First thing's first, have you tried replacing the drain plug with a new one? If that yielded the same result, then the problem seems to be that the threads for the oil pan where the drain plug is fastened are stripped. I would go the safe route and get an oil pan from the same year ES as yours. You can purchase one from http://www.newlexusparts.com

I'm also moving this to Maintenance.

Its def. not the drain plug that is stripped. The oil pan threads are stripped since there is no thread on the it. Thanks for the site... the price seems reasonable. I also used www.car-part.com and got used uses for fairly cheap..as low as 35 bucks.