Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Longo Collision Center Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-05, 03:15 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
Longo must get a lot of repair work to have its own body shop.

As for the insurance company, I don't necesarily see keeping them in the loop is a bad thing but shouldn't this be a purely Longo issue now? I assume they got (or will get soon) the $ for the repair. The insurance company has no control on the quality of Longo's shop.
Yes they do. Unfortunately we hear alot of complaints on repair time and length from their shop. They are like their Lexus & Toyota stores on site. VOLUME. Longo Collision is one of our recommended repair facilities.

It's important for the insurance company to get involved like CK6 explained. If Longo Collision is the insurance company's direct repair shop/preferred shop, the insurance company is the one who guarantees the workmanship (lifetime usually) and pays the shop directly. A bodyshop is added as a direct repair/recommended facility for an insurance company if it can pass guidelines set out by that insurance company.

Because the insurance carrier deals with a particular shop and sends plenty of referrals, it's important to get them involved. Later if the issues become problems, then the insurance comapny has the power to suspend or terminate referrals to that particular bodyshop. No referrals from an insurance company usually means a hurting bodyshop especially if the insurance company is big like ours.
Old 02-18-05, 08:55 AM
DavesGS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually would have dealt with the insurance company with the problem, but I actually was the one who chose the body shop. I had no idea that they didn't have their own shop. If I would have known they sent them to a third party I would have gone with the insurance companies recommendations.
But hopefully everything will be worked out
Thanks
Old 02-18-05, 09:28 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by DavesGS
I actually would have dealt with the insurance company with the problem, but I actually was the one who chose the body shop. I had no idea that they didn't have their own shop. If I would have known they sent them to a third party I would have gone with the insurance companies recommendations.
But hopefully everything will be worked out
Thanks
What are you talking about? Longo Collision Center is Longo's own bodyshop. The only time work is sublet out is if it requires something special like upholstery work, stereo or wheel repair where their regular service departments on site cannot perform the operation.
Old 02-18-05, 12:53 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn man

just read this id be just as pissed as you are

i hate when people tell me thats its you and not them

this reminds me of another post by a member "Lettuce "

he had a similiar problem with his white GS ..where the body shop had trouble matching

the colors
Old 02-18-05, 02:27 PM
DavesGS
Pole Position

Yup, I hate it when people try to convince you to believe as they want you to see things. I know of every little scratch my car has and am extremely **** about the look of it, as most of CL members are.
Just like my wife says, if she were to have a broken leg I would not notice, BUT if a my car has a scratch or tiny dent I notice immediately. It's like we lexus owners have a sixth sense for stuff like that.
Old 02-18-05, 02:49 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i hear ya man

dont friggin tell me the sky aint blue

as soon as they try to convince you that you are wrong

you know they are lying to your face and trying to save theirs

glad to see you standing up for yourself

two big thumbs to the customer
Old 08-18-05, 03:33 PM
DavesGS
Pole Position

Forgot to update everyone on the results from the repair. Returned to longo and spoke to a couple of their managers I think it was Rafael and Steve. Anyways they confirmed that the color was not matching and took care of me. They hooked me up with a rental took the vehicle in had it repainted to match. It was all done a couple of weeks after my last post.
I apologize for not updating earlier, but I am completely satisfied with the work. It just sucked that I had to go through so many people until someone saw that I was not exaggerating about the crappy initial paint job. But after all this craziness longo came through which is what matters.
Old 08-19-05, 11:22 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 472 Likes on 362 Posts

Glad this was resolved to your satisfaction. Thanks for the follow-up. We read enough posts of the bad stuff and it's good to hear that the company is there to stand behind the service and make it right.
Old 08-20-05, 07:42 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Funny how when I had my accident, I took my car to some guy in mexico.. (im dead serious..) Albeit a rather skilled guy, just a guy with a repair shop.

When he matched the paint on 10 yr old lexus he did it flawless. I can't even tell where the new paint begin and where the old one ends. He just had simple computer matching paint software, and did some touchup paint on sun dried roof area for a better match.... he still put lower grade mexican gas on it.. and that ****ed up all kinds of fuel related things which have now been fixed though. From fuel pump, to fuel filter, to egr valve that was on its way out probably.. ah well... 16,000 my ***, body shop repair systems in conjuction with insurance in this nation are a scam, everything they would do here, he could and did there plus more. With exception of fixing rear fender rather then installing a new one. I also saved since I got all my replacement parts myself, rather then buy new ones from lexus.

US border thought something suspicious of a guy (my brother) with a freshly painted and cleaned lexus crossing back.. Yay to being handcuffed for no reason whatsoever despite having everything in order and crossing legally (im a freaking us citizen for crying outloud!). Only to be released after the dogs and themselves found absolutely noting on the car... tho.

Last edited by Inabj2; 08-20-05 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-18-09, 06:12 PM
mcat
Rookie

they should out it right. very noticable to me.

mike
Old 08-18-09, 11:10 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 110 Likes on 85 Posts

The L.A. area of full of mickey mouse.
Old 08-19-09, 12:00 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mcat
they should out it right. very noticable to me.

mike
Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
The L.A. area of full of mickey mouse.
Guys, this thread is four years old. I would have hoped its been resolved already