Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

120k scheduled maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-05, 07:28 AM
WIMPWGN
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 120k scheduled maintenance

My 95 ES is approaching 120k and I'm wondering what should be done promptly. Timing belt was changed at 75k so I won't plan to change it til 150k, when I will also replace water pump. What about spark plugs and wires? PCV? I'm planning on doing engine oil, ATF, and coolant. Please let me know if there are anything else that's crucial for 120k.

Thanks.
Old 04-26-05, 07:32 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by WIMPWGN
My 95 ES is approaching 120k and I'm wondering what should be done promptly. Timing belt was changed at 75k so I won't plan to change it til 150k, when I will also replace water pump. What about spark plugs and wires? PCV? I'm planning on doing engine oil, ATF, and coolant. Please let me know if there are anything else that's crucial for 120k.

Thanks.
I'd suggest just a major tune up (what you nemtioned already) plugs, wires, PCV valve, ait filter, fuel filter & tranny & coolant flushes. Only other thing maybe would be a Throttle body cleaning which is pretty inexpensive.
Old 04-26-05, 07:38 AM
WIMPWGN
Rookie

Yeah, maybe I should word it better.

What does 120k tuneup consist of?

I'm planning on doing everything myself so I need to know a complete list.

Also, I'm planning on using some Seaform to clean the engine a little. May I ask where is the fuel filter located?

Thanks, Lexusfreak
Old 04-26-05, 08:40 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Wink

Yeah, maybe I should word it better.

What does 120k tuneup consist of?

I'm planning on doing everything myself so I need to know a complete list.

Also, I'm planning on using some Seaform to clean the engine a little. May I ask where is the fuel filter located?

Thanks, Lexusfreak
The fuel filter is under the hood (on your year however, I'm not 100% sure exactly.......other members should be able to assist you here). Everything that we listed is all you need I think. Grab some Chevron Fuel system cleaner (20oz bottle) & fill it up with premium after all is replaced & you should be as good as new! I can't think of any additional parts or work you need in addition to what we already talked about (including the fluid changes too). Sounds like your ES is in good shape! Just get the correct plugs (Platinum or Iridium NGK's or Denso's).

Only possible thing might be to replace your o2 sensor. Best I can do my friend.
Old 04-26-05, 08:57 AM
WIMPWGN
Rookie

Can you suggest a vendor where I can get all the replacement parts for a decent price?
Old 04-26-05, 09:04 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Cool

Can you suggest a vendor where I can get all the replacement parts for a decent price?
Best suggestion is to make a few phone calls.......call your Lexus dealer to start with (chances are they will be the most expensive), a Toyota dealer & several auto parts chains (Pep Boys, Auto Zone & Discount Auto Parts). The fuel filter howver might have to be the Toyota part however......as I am not 100% how well an aftermarket one will fit. Let us know your findings. I hope you have the correct tools as well.......the back 3 spark plugs from what I have heard are a real pain in the butt to replace. You can also try www.lexus-parts.com I think the site is.
Old 04-26-05, 09:07 AM
WIMPWGN
Rookie

What brand of plug wires would you recommend? NGK blues sounds okay to you?
Old 04-26-05, 02:28 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Cool

I'd use the NGK's yes. Good choice!

Did you get prices for the plugs at different retailers? Just couriosu what the prices are at the respected stores/dealers.
Old 04-26-05, 02:55 PM
WIMPWGN
Rookie

I asked around here and someone said 95ES doesn't have plug wires, they have individual coil packs on each plug. I've found NGK iridiums for $36.

Thanks.
Old 04-26-05, 07:20 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Cool

I asked around here and someone said 95ES doesn't have plug wires, they have individual coil packs on each plug. I've found NGK iridiums for $36.

Thanks.
If they are the NGK IX iridiums, I'd go with the NGK laser platinums.......if they are 'regular' iridiums, go for it.