Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

SC400 High Pressure Power Steering Hose

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-05, 01:25 PM
CompuMan
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking SC400 High Pressure Power Steering Hose

When I bought my SC400 about 6 weeks ago, one of the problems that I faced was a leak in the High pressure power steering hose. To replace it Lexus wanted an 'arm, a leg and my first born child'. (too much money). So I found a used one at a salvage yard and put it on. While the used hose is working OK, I have a secret fear that it may quit any day. So I went looking for a place that could repair my orignal hose. I found just the place. It is:

LONE STAR HOSE and ACCESSORIES. They are at 112 Staduim Drive in Arlington, Texas 76010. Their phone number is (817) 275-3212. I don't know if they will do out of state mail-in's, but if they do then you Must use them.

My cost for this repair is: $48.95! $48.95! For that amount of money, you couldn't get a sniff at Lexus. They say that they can make or repair Any high pressure hose for automobiles, including brake lines, power steering hoses, etc. They do this for a number of automobile dealers in this area. (I'll bet that the dealer doesn't tell you that the hose that they replaced was fixed by Lone Star)

The repair job is beautiful. I now have an on the shelf replacement if my other hose quits.
Old 05-01-05, 12:39 PM
PxH_83
Driver School Candidate

awesome deal! I need to find a place just like that in New York. Last time I checked, the auto shop was charging me -- I think $800 -- for a replacement power steering hose + labor charges!! Ridiculous!
Old 05-01-05, 03:13 PM
CompuMan
Pole Position

Wink A little more info

When you look for a place to fix your hose, look for Hydralic repair centers. That is how I found the place that did mine. About where your leak is, you cannot just look under the car for a leak. My 1992 SC400 has a cover down there and to really see the leak, you have to remove that cover.
Finally, if you can, look for an independent mechanic, preferably someone that you know or some one that a friend knows. My mechanic lives across the street and I have known him for a number of years. I have had to fix or replace a number of things on my car and I have used a salvage yard in Indiana for the parts. It is on-line at: http://www.brickyardimportedcars.com/
I bought a P/S High pressure hose, a dirvers side front door hinge, a heater valve assembly and a Nakamichi amplifier from them Every piece was guaranteed and worked perfectly.

Compuman
Texas
Old 05-02-05, 01:38 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good find. Congrats on finally getting it done for a good price at some place besides the dealer