Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

'90 LS400 - How to change wiper blades

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-05, 09:25 PM
loveMyLs
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '90 LS400 - How to change wiper blades

Hello everyone,

Can someone pls tell me how to change the wiper blades on 1990 JDM LS400? I have tried to do a search on this forum but didnt have much luck.

Thanks
Old 06-14-05, 04:21 AM
loveMyLs
Rookie

anyone?????
Old 06-14-05, 06:39 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This link may help http://rx300how2.home.comcast.net/wiper_blades.htm
Old 06-14-05, 05:02 PM
loveMyLs
Rookie

thanks for the reply but i need info for replacing LS400 blades.
Old 06-14-05, 05:28 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You should follow the link that Tammy posted, it'll definitely help. I don't recall if it's exactly the same way you would do the LS (I replaced mine without any instructions awhile back), but it's pretty close if not the same.
Old 06-15-05, 11:23 PM
loveMyLs
Rookie

Originally Posted by BR1AN
You should follow the link that Tammy posted, it'll definitely help. I don't recall if it's exactly the same way you would do the LS (I replaced mine without any instructions awhile back), but it's pretty close if not the same.
cheers man i will try that.
Old 06-20-05, 02:43 PM
CUMan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My car is a 93 LS, and I have changed the wiper blades a number of times. I assume that the 90 LS layout is the same, but I am not certain.

Probably the most confusing thing about the wiper setup is that the two sides are different both in size and in the wiper arm release mechanism.

First, you have to get the wipers into a position where they can be easily accessed. The driver's side is easily accessed if the hood is raised. The passenger side is more easily accessed if you crank the car, turn on the wipers, and then turn off the car while the wipers are in a raised position.

The release mechanism for the passenger side blade is the very common type seen on many makes of cars. Simply reach behind the crook at the end of the wiper arm and feel for a small release clip. Squeeze down on this and the wiper blade can then be pushed down from the crook and removed from the car.

The driver side is different. There is a plastic clip that has to be pulled up in order to release the
blade. This clip is on the front of the blade assembly. Run a screwdriver underneath this clip and push it up. The blade assembly can then be removed from the wiper arm.
Old 06-21-05, 02:10 PM
loveMyLs
Rookie

Originally Posted by CUMan
My car is a 93 LS, and I have changed the wiper blades a number of times. I assume that the 90 LS layout is the same, but I am not certain.

Probably the most confusing thing about the wiper setup is that the two sides are different both in size and in the wiper arm release mechanism.

First, you have to get the wipers into a position where they can be easily accessed. The driver's side is easily accessed if the hood is raised. The passenger side is more easily accessed if you crank the car, turn on the wipers, and then turn off the car while the wipers are in a raised position.

The release mechanism for the passenger side blade is the very common type seen on many makes of cars. Simply reach behind the crook at the end of the wiper arm and feel for a small release clip. Squeeze down on this and the wiper blade can then be pushed down from the crook and removed from the car.

The driver side is different. There is a plastic clip that has to be pulled up in order to release the
blade. This clip is on the front of the blade assembly. Run a screwdriver underneath this clip and push it up. The blade assembly can then be removed from the wiper arm.

thank you so much for your reply you have been a great help.