Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

AC doesnt work...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-05, 05:17 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC doesnt work...

this car hates me I think I been fixing things on it non stop for the last 6 months. Runs great then something else breaks.

Anyways Ac was working GREAT, I dont use it often, actually I never really use it except when I drive on day (not often.)

And I notice while I glance that none of the ac displays are on, no modes, (which should be on even when ac is off.) This startles me, I start pushing buttons noting. Wth can do this? I mean it was working perfect not to long ago?!?! When is this car going stop giving me grief?!

Does ac system have a fuse? of its own?

I recently did the timing belt change (which i might have to redo.... timing might be to advanced? pulls a lot harder then before though..)

I mean just the bar lights up, no indicators of any kind like its dead! It was working awesome las time I used it! wthell?

I remember when this car was in awesome shape, then a ****ing MORON in a sunfire had to run a red light, ever since then, cars drives the same (actually its a little peppier now.), but reliability has gone to hell. Thanks for ruining my car Jared wherever the heck you are!

I mean just yesterday I had to fix a short I had with the blinking light and brake light.... every other day is a new thing...
Old 08-09-05, 06:02 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Inabj2
this car hates me I think I been fixing things on it non stop for the last 6 months. Runs great then something else breaks.

Anyways Ac was working GREAT, I dont use it often, actually I never really use it except when I drive on day (not often.)

And I notice while I glance that none of the ac displays are on, no modes, (which should be on even when ac is off.) This startles me, I start pushing buttons noting. Wth can do this? I mean it was working perfect not to long ago?!?! When is this car going stop giving me grief?!

Does ac system have a fuse? of its own?

I recently did the timing belt change (which i might have to redo.... timing might be to advanced? pulls a lot harder then before though..)

I mean just the bar lights up, no indicators of any kind like its dead! It was working awesome las time I used it! wthell?

I remember when this car was in awesome shape, then a ****ing MORON in a sunfire had to run a red light, ever since then, cars drives the same (actually its a little peppier now.), but reliability has gone to hell. Thanks for ruining my car Jared wherever the heck you are!

I mean just yesterday I had to fix a short I had with the blinking light and brake light.... every other day is a new thing...

Just shooting arrows into the air here, but is your radio on the fritz too? Meaning problems with the volume control ****. I only say this because my the solenoid/control unit/whatever that controls the radio also controls the **** for climate control. Mine went and I suffered a somewhat similiar problem. Replacing that unit solved it. But before buying one, make sure that is what's gone. New unit from Lexus runs roughly $240.00. Luckily my neighbor is a Toyota delaer parts manager and I was able to get it for cost!
Old 08-09-05, 06:47 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mkorsu
Just shooting arrows into the air here, but is your radio on the fritz too? Meaning problems with the volume control ****. I only say this because my the solenoid/control unit/whatever that controls the radio also controls the **** for climate control. Mine went and I suffered a somewhat similiar problem. Replacing that unit solved it. But before buying one, make sure that is what's gone. New unit from Lexus runs roughly $240.00. Luckily my neighbor is a Toyota delaer parts manager and I was able to get it for cost!

My radio cd player works awesome. (Knock on wood.)

Its just the ac, all the lights light up except the display modes and off course the no AC. Is there any particular fuses to look at?
Old 08-09-05, 07:15 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

My radio cd player works awesome. (Knock on wood.)

Its just the ac, all the lights light up except the display modes and off course the no AC. Is there any particular fuses to look at?
There are 2 seperate fuses that the AC runs through, but 1. I can't check the fuse # for you until lunch (I'm in work now), 2. Not sure if it was a fuse if your display would still light up (I believe you said your icons were not appearing, correct?). Does your power light for AC come on? The small green one on the AC button?
Old 08-09-05, 07:40 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Check for a coin in the ciggy lighter.
Old 08-09-05, 07:45 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

There are 2 seperate fuses that the AC runs through, but 1. I can't check the fuse # for you until lunch (I'm in work now), 2. Not sure if it was a fuse if your display would still light up (I believe you said your icons were not appearing, correct?). Does your power light for AC come on? The small green one on the AC button?

No it doesnt... There is no coin on the cig lighter my cell charger (now useless cause phone is broken.) Is there instead. I took it off and tried again no difference.

Its so weird since It does light up.. (well I cant tell now in day.) But no icons...

Last edited by Inabj2; 08-09-05 at 07:48 AM.
Old 08-09-05, 08:54 AM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my SC400 has the same exact problem....i haven't messed with it yet because my 300's ac works great and i have been enjoying th 5spd. I think it's a fuse because as he said, the backlight goes on but no icons come on and the buttons do not work at all.
Old 08-09-05, 09:00 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by roo
my SC400 has the same exact problem....i haven't messed with it yet because my 300's ac works great and i have been enjoying th 5spd. I think it's a fuse because as he said, the backlight goes on but no icons come on and the buttons do not work at all.
I fixed my problem! The sig lighter fuse was missing! I didnt notice because there was no fuse there to begin with...

Which is weird, because some how very recently that fuse went missing.... but how? Did the fuse fairy come in and take my fuse out? No really that is seriously strange!

I also notice that... my Traction control fuse is gone too. Which would explain the.. power slide on my way to work today... although I do have all season tires. That is seriously strange..
Old 08-09-05, 09:02 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by roo
I fixed my problem! The sig lighter fuse was missing! I didnt notice because there was no fuse there to begin with...

Which is weird, because some how very recently that fuse went missing.... but how? Did the fuse fairy come in and take my fuse out? No really that is seriously strange!

I also notice that... my Traction control fuse is gone too. Which would explain the.. power slide on my way to work today... although I do have all season tires. That is seriously strange..

Now Ill lay in wait and wonder what the next issue the car will throw at me? I better enjoy the problem free driving while it lasts! Oh right timing needs to be recheked..
Old 08-09-05, 09:13 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Now Ill lay in wait and wonder what the next issue the car will throw at me? I better enjoy the problem free driving while it lasts! Oh right timing needs to be recheked..

Glad to hear you solved the problem!!!!

Did the fuse fairy at least leave you a quarter under your seat??
Old 08-09-05, 10:41 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Glad to hear you solved the problem!!!!

Did the fuse fairy at least leave you a quarter under your seat??
No.. I am extremely puzzled as to how the fuse went missing?!? This is truly a mystery! Did the fuse just said one day enough is enough and left?

No one messed with the thing, when I opened the fuse box it was completely gone, no where in sight? I thought it was an empty space initially! Till I looked at the diagriam then saw that someone elses cig fuse was broken!

Where did the fuse go?