Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Crooks

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-06, 02:50 PM
CompuMan
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crooks

Well, I have waited for a couple of months before posting this experience.
Back in late October, I asked for and got a bid from http://www.qaparts.com/ for a 1992 SC400 instrument cluster. These people answered the request and priced the cluster at $115.00. I thought that it was a fair price so I ordered the cluster. After charging my debit card for the $115.00, they called me back and insisted that they had underpriced the cluster. They charged me an additional $110.00. A total of $225.00. OK, they guarenteed that it was a perfect instrument cluster so I agreed. When the cluster arrived, there were four problems:
1) One of the mounting tabs had broken off. (In shipping?? Don't know)
2) The fuel gauge needle was black - broken
3) The water temp guage was black - broken.
4) the background lighting flickers and may go out soon.

OK! I called and asked for an authorizaton to return a defective part. They seemed very open to that and assurred me that they would email the authorization that day. That was two months ago. I have called them every week since I started asking for the RMA. They always assure me that they will send the return authorization immediately and they never do. I am now fed up with them. I have contacted an attorney in Mobile (Where this salvage yard is) and am considering sueing. (I am willing to spend lots to push back at these crooks).

PLEASE, if you need parts for our Lexus cars, do not deal with these people.
I am very sorry to have to say that. I have worked with a number of salvage companies that have treated me very well.
For example, I can reccommend these peole: http://www.brickyardimportedcars.com/
They did honor their guatantee and I should have gone to them first.

Last edited by CompuMan; 01-11-06 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-11-06, 03:30 PM
JellyBean
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

CompuMan, I'm sorry to hear about your problems, but have you contacted your debit card company to dispute the charge and ask for a charge-back? I really don't know if charge-backs are possible with debit cards because I've never used a debit card--I only use credit cards for the added security. But at this point, there's nothing to lose. Why don't you call them? Good luck.
Old 01-11-06, 08:35 PM
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CompuMan. i'm 100% supporting your actions.. a 3 years ago i took my gateway desktop in gateway for service.. i upgraded the computer with a 512 Chip and gave the 64MB chip to upgrade my little sister's computer.. anyways. when i got it back it have 256 on it. those bumbs switch my chip and i called them meny times and they always said they had documens to show me but never sent me anything. i try to do a complain . but i didn't have any proved or recipt that i broght the chip.. a girl i was screwing at the time paid for it. so i'm really happy you're fighting back on bad service..
Old 01-18-06, 03:30 PM
CompuMan
Pole Position

Default Some Action!

I copied this posting into an email and sent it to Quality Auto Parts and Lo & Behold, they sent me an RMA and a pre-paid UPS bill to return the SC400 Instrument panel.
I believe thatt he threat of a local lawyer contacting them did the trick. So I have sent the Gauges back an now await a refund. Perhaps these crooks will not refund the money, but if not, my Lawyer will contact them. I will wait two weeks. THe UPS delivery is by ground and they said it would take 7 to 10 days.
I still do Not recommend these people. It has been very trying emotionally to get this far.
Old 01-18-06, 04:59 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 365 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by CompuMan
I copied this posting into an email and sent it to Quality Auto Parts and Lo & Behold, they sent me an RMA and a pre-paid UPS bill to return the SC400 Instrument panel.
I believe thatt he threat of a local lawyer contacting them did the trick. So I have sent the Gauges back an now await a refund. Perhaps these crooks will not refund the money, but if not, my Lawyer will contact them. I will wait two weeks. THe UPS delivery is by ground and they said it would take 7 to 10 days.
I still do Not recommend these people. It has been very trying emotionally to get this far.
Need gauge fix: Lextech. Fair prices as well.
Old 01-18-06, 06:49 PM
amul
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1993ES300x
CompuMan. i'm 100% supporting your actions.. a 3 years ago i took my gateway desktop in gateway for service.. i upgraded the computer with a 512 Chip and gave the 64MB chip to upgrade my little sister's computer.. anyways. when i got it back it have 256 on it. those bumbs switch my chip and i called them meny times and they always said they had documens to show me but never sent me anything. i try to do a complain . but i didn't have any proved or recipt that i broght the chip.. a girl i was screwing at the time paid for it. so i'm really happy you're fighting back on bad service..

so what does it have to do with the girl you were screwing?
Old 01-30-06, 10:41 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I just emailed them a nice little email on your behalf
Old 02-06-06, 01:26 AM
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by amul
so what does it have to do with the girl you were screwing?
let's just say she told me to "screw myself " when ask if she can give me a copy of the payment for the chip....
Old 02-09-06, 07:50 AM
CompuMan
Pole Position

Unhappy Finished???

Well, this issue is finally resolved, I think
But, as you might expect, it was not easy. I am in the middle of an Identity theft problem. That is nearly resolved, but because of that, I have closed my Bank of America accounts and moved everything to another bank.
Well, QA Parts finally sent me an RMA and I returned the guage cluster. It took three weeks to finally get my money refunded. But, since I had closed the bank accounts that were used to buy the cluster originally, I asked that the refund be sent to me via a cashier's check.
OH NO! They could not do that, they credited the amount back to the original account that was originally charged. A closed account.
I emaied them and called them about this problem. All contacts were ignored until yesterday. They said that the money had been accepted by BOFA and I should call them.
That was true. BOFA, re-opened the account and placed the money into it. (This is the identy theft compromised account. - Great HUH?)
I did get to BOFA before the thieves found out that there was money there and asked that the bank write a cashier's check and reclose the account. So far, the account is still open with my money in it.
Perhaps I will get it back, or perhaps not. I just do not know.
What a mess