Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

lexus sc400 help

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-07, 11:36 PM
anhion
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lexus sc400 help

hey i got two issues with my lexus sc400:

1-the car has stock struts/shocks and i have eibach pro-kit springs
when i go over little bumps or whatever on the road the back shocks and spring combo make this sound like a klunk or something or something sounds like it's not bolted down all the way or maybe shocks are dumping not sure what it is. i lifted the car the shocks don't appear to be leaking or anything and the springs look like they are all put in correct. any ideas on the sound?

2-sometimes either driving or parked i would have my air conditioning on and when i press the off button the a/c turns off and then my car engine turns off immediately after. like the idle goes up then it goes down just shutting the engine. any suggestions to that?
Old 06-09-07, 11:02 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by anhion
hey i got two issues with my lexus sc400:

1-the car has stock struts/shocks and i have eibach pro-kit springs
when i go over little bumps or whatever on the road the back shocks and spring combo make this sound like a klunk or something or something sounds like it's not bolted down all the way or maybe shocks are dumping not sure what it is. i lifted the car the shocks don't appear to be leaking or anything and the springs look like they are all put in correct. any ideas on the sound?

2-sometimes either driving or parked i would have my air conditioning on and when i press the off button the a/c turns off and then my car engine turns off immediately after. like the idle goes up then it goes down just shutting the engine. any suggestions to that?
1. it sounds like the shocks are bottoming out. there should be a bump stop that is on the shaft the shock, and it needs to be cut down in some cases.

2. it sounds like you need to clean the throttle body... it probably has a lot of carbon build up on the blade. this can lead to the exact condition you're describing...