Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.
View Poll Results: Best Fuel Injection Cleaner
STP
13.87%
Lucas
30.66%
Gumout
6.57%
Other
48.91%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Fuel Injector Cleaner.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-07, 07:42 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 162 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by miraluna
Seafoam is the best... Why I don't see Seafoam here...
A good point. Probably because it is more often a product used in intake manifolds and throttle bodies rather than fuel and oil.
Old 11-19-07, 12:37 PM
dragonhvu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i work at a place that sells, tests and rebuild fuel injectors... so when i bought my LS4, i took off the injectors and threw them into the sonic cleaner, changed out the injector filters and i' was good to go!
Old 12-27-07, 09:52 PM
Scotty93
Driver

Originally Posted by Paul B
Toyota makes one of their own, which I just bought for $13.95. The parts guy told me that lots of people with BMW's and Mercedes' come there to buy it since it works so well. We'll see. I just added it to my 2000 LX 470 a week ago.

They said to add it to a half full fuel tank and drive it till almost empty, but not to go for more than a week without adding more gas because it is hard on rubber fuel lines.
I've had two Toyotas that have only been to Toyota mechanics, and that is what they use every 15000. Never had a fuel injector issue with either of those cars despite high mileage 245K on the Celica and 180K on the Avalon
Old 12-27-07, 10:30 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I use lucas, but I dont add it to the gas tank. I just got mine done today using a fuel injector cleaner that feeds the fluid to the fuel rail. It's a lot more effective than pouring the bottle through the gas tank. I got rid of my rough idle and my injectors don't tick as loud anymore
Old 12-28-07, 01:49 AM
dung0981
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GSteg
I use lucas, but I dont add it to the gas tank. I just got mine done today using a fuel injector cleaner that feeds the fluid to the fuel rail. It's a lot more effective than pouring the bottle through the gas tank. I got rid of my rough idle and my injectors don't tick as loud anymore
Fuel injection canister does a good job
Old 01-10-08, 03:51 AM
$l1ckr4y
Rookie

so after using this fuel injector cleaner such as; Lucas, Redline, or Techron we dont have to do anything else compared when using a Seafoam right..??
Old 01-10-08, 08:17 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 162 Likes on 138 Posts

No just drive after you use one of them. I am actually on a dose of Redline Fuel System Cleaner I tossed in at the moment. Now on the awful gas down here, I might toss in a another bottle next week when I fill up, but on American gasoline, one bottle on a full tank should do the trick.
Old 02-12-08, 02:06 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

How about Amsoil? They make a cleaner as well

As for the Toyota one, how do you pour it? Unlike other cleaners, it is like a tomato sauce can
Old 02-12-08, 12:20 PM
sonyman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xknowonex
How about Amsoil? They make a cleaner as well

As for the Toyota one, how do you pour it? Unlike other cleaners, it is like a tomato sauce can
Funnel....
Old 02-13-08, 10:52 PM
neutrons
Pole Position

I wouldn't do injector cleaner just add octane boost.
Old 02-13-08, 10:59 PM
PK_Celsior
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul B
Toyota makes one of their own, which I just bought for $13.95. The parts guy told me that lots of people with BMW's and Mercedes' come there to buy it since it works so well. We'll see. I just added it to my 2000 LX 470 a week ago.

They said to add it to a half full fuel tank and drive it till almost empty, but not to go for more than a week without adding more gas because it is hard on rubber fuel lines.
i get so much of that stuff for free. but i haven't even used them yet . maybe i should start using it, but i hate to bottom out my tank. it gives me sad face when i go to the pump and look at the price lol.
Old 02-13-08, 11:01 PM
neutrons
Pole Position

I've been doing the same thing fill it up at 1/2 tank then it does'nt seem as brutal any way.
Old 02-22-08, 03:23 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

The Acura dealer said my moms Acura TL should have the fuel injectors cleaned so I did a little research and it seems fuel injector cleaners are a good idea for cars with over 50K miles. She never added any cleaners to the tank and I don't think usaully used the more expensive gas with detergents but the car always ran great and has around 95K miles. The cleaning costs around $250 which I thought was pretty pricey.

I went to some auto stores and could not find most of the brands people were recommending like Redline, BK, Amsoil,BG44K, lubro-molly jectract. All they had was kind of cheap stuff like techron, valvoline, autozone brand, Oreiley brand, gumout etc. They did have Seafoam and Lucas. Where are you guys getting the better products mentioned above? How exactly are you adding the Seafoam to your intake tract or straight through to your fuel rail/line in say a GS430 instead of just pooring it in the gas tank, I don't want to screw anything up and I have not really messed around near the engine with this car. I will put putting injector cleaner in the Acuras and my Lexus as I have never added any to my GS either since owning it but it might be a good idea, I would love if it got rid of my rough idle when no AC is on.
Old 02-22-08, 05:27 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by neutrons
I wouldn't do injector cleaner just add octane boost.
Octane boosters are very short term and IMO are a waste of money unless your racing out on the track.
Old 02-25-08, 11:57 PM
haulin79
Driver

http://www.lcdinc.com/products_fuel_power.php

I recommend only FP-Plus and Techron.

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector Cleaner.