Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Certified dealer cheated me on a 60k service?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-07, 05:32 PM
box
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Certified dealer cheated me on a 60k service?

Hey everyone,

I have a situation I need advice on. I purchased a Lexus Certified 2002 GS300 in November, 2006 with 49k miles on it. The car comes with the 5yr/100k warranty. At the time of purchasing the sales man told me that because the car was so close to the 60k, they already went through with the 60k service. I figured I am already getting $1300 off the tag with that being complete which made me more confident with my purchase.

I scheduled an appointment for servicing on the rear brake (was clicking too much) last Friday. I looked through my Supplement book and realized that all the services from the previous owner had been logged except the 60k. When I dropped my car off for the brake check, I asked my service rep to look up the 60k so I could get the supplement log complete. He ended telling me he couldnt find it in the system. I went across the street to the lot I purchased the car from and spoke to the original sales man. He told me that he needs to talk to the the general manager to find out whats going on and he would give me a ring back.

He called me back later that evening and started saying things like "I am not sure why I would tell you that if the car was only at 49k...we normally dont do that...I am not saying you are lying" etc etc. I havent heard from him in 3 days so I called back today to check the status and he started saying the same garbage. "I am not sure why I would say that unless I was given improper information. If it is not in writing I cant do much. This happened 10 months ago. Maybe I can get you a discounted price on the 60k"

This is bulls@#t. How should I take care of this? I've put 20k on the car since (Now at 70K miles). This false info caused me to skip the 60k. I have the 75k miles coming soon. I have to go in tomorrow to meet with him and the manager about what is going on. Advice would be appreciated!
Old 10-03-07, 09:19 PM
sonyman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You definitely should have gotten it in writing, but live and learn. At this point the only thing you really can do is plead your case to the general manager, and if that takes you nowhere then move upward to Lexus customer assistance.
Old 10-04-07, 01:49 PM
MadDawg350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You said you purchased the car from a "certified dealer." Was it an actual Lexus dealership or just another used car sales lot claiming to sell "certified Lexus'?? If you did not purchased the car from a Lexus dealership and received all the paperwork that goes along with it showing it is a "certified" Lexus car, then you did not get a true "certified" car from Lexus. I say the sales jerk who sold you the car, just ripped you a new one.
Old 10-04-07, 03:41 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by box
Hey everyone,
. I went across the street to the lot I purchased the car from and spoke to the original sales man. He told me that he needs to talk to the the general manager to find out whats going on and he would give me a ring back.

!
What's the dealership name? or it's just a used car lot.?

Sound like you brought the car from the used car lot, not the Lexus dealer. Those guys will slap Certified sticker on the windshield of every car.

Lexus pre-owned cert. only covered 3 years/100k miles which ever comes first, not 5 years/100k.

If that the case I will have to change the title of this thread, just waiting to hear from you.
Old 10-04-07, 06:07 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 472 Likes on 362 Posts

Ouch...sorry to hear. If this was the Lexus dealer, hopefully it works out. If it is not a Lexus dealer...

When we bought ours, the sales guy printed out the service history so I knew what I was in for and I could be confident in the purchase.
Old 10-21-07, 07:03 AM
platinumLS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MadDawg350
You said you purchased the car from a "certified dealer." Was it an actual Lexus dealership or just another used car sales lot claiming to sell "certified Lexus'??.
TOOK THE WORD RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH
Old 11-07-07, 12:36 PM
rjgraham
Driver

Why do you think a 60k costs 1300? I would punch myself in the nuts for paying that for basic flushes.
Old 11-10-07, 02:00 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

yea, not sure about the GS300, but the GS400 and its 1uz motor share maint. intervals with the LS4 in that its the 90k mi service thats a ton of cash since u have to do timing belt and all that good stuff
Old 11-10-07, 05:52 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You are pretty much screwed since it is not in writing. You can try and sue, but probably wont get anywhere since it is a he said, she said thing. Anyway, might as well just get that 75K service done and enjoy your car. From what you describe, it doesn't sound like that used car dealership's manager is willing to work with you, so i doubt you will get any satisfactory results from them.