Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Where to get Toyota T-IV Fluid??

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-07, 05:19 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Where to get Toyota T-IV Fluid??

Is there someplace other than the dealer that i can get toyota T-IV Fluid? Because the only dealership within 90 miles of me is one that i refuse to give my business too. Waite Toyota of Watertown NY has told my wife the reason she can only go 150 miles on 11 gallons of gas is because someone is stealing it from the tank of our 2005 Toyota Matrix XR 4wd...now i dunno about you, but i have not heard of this in cars where you have to unlatch the fuel door from inside the car before you can fill it up...oh yeah not to mention the car is garaged or within my sight pretty much at all times from my office...so next?

anyway sorry for the rant, but they refused to hook it up to a computer to diagnose it repeatedly, and when they finally did, thats the answer they came up with, and oh BTW, they charged me $90 (1 hr of labor). ouch.

so i would rather take the car to JP Imports in Dallas (FIFTEEN HUNDRED MILES AWAY) than give that dealer my business...but i dont want to drive to texas on the tranny fluid i have in there, it has 33,000 miles on it.

so where else can i get the fluid? or should i just suck it up and swallow my pride?
Old 12-03-07, 05:34 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear about the Matrix, 14 mpg is not good. I hope they figure it out and hope your car still under warranty. I think Toyota is 36/36 which ever comes firsts.

Last edited by VVT-i; 12-03-07 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-03-07, 06:42 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Originally Posted by VVT-i
Sorry to hear about the Matrix, 14 mpg is not good. I hope they figure it out and hope your car still under warranty. I think Toyota is 36/36 which ever comes firsts.
LOL...nope...its 3/30...already checked...
Old 12-03-07, 07:27 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey man - sorry to say but being a Toyota product your options are limited Or else you can just pay an extra $5 per bottle and go to Lexus

Jonny
Old 12-03-07, 07:34 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Josh,
You called me on sunday but I'm not clear about the problems of your vehicle. Have you check the following? MAF(Mass Air flow) Toyota is a notorious for this problem. Spark plugs? Have you pull them out and inspect them? You can tell the condition of your engine by looking at the plugs. If some reason the plugs are Bosch, Please do me a favor and throw them in the trash can!!!! Bosch spark plugs will never work on a Toyota/Lexus. I see that you have some kind of CAI? What are they? Have you look at the air filter? Make sure it's clean. How does the vehicle drive? Any CEL? Since it's returnless fuel sytem, I never have any issue with regulator. I did however had to replace a couple of injectors in the past.
Take a close look at the following and let me know. If you have access to a scanner I would like to know the Long term fuel trim at idle and 2500 rpm as well. Take care my friend!!!!
JPI
Old 12-04-07, 05:13 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

well i just checked the oil today and some dickwad that changed it while i was deployed at a sevice center for my wife overfilled it by a quart and a half...

yikes. so i drained some and we will see how it does.

Jason: I have no CAI, MAF is good, no CEL or stored codes...all injectors are functioning normally, i have AutoLite Double Platinum Spark plugs are in there. i had NGK iridiums in there but i had to take them out, they were SHOT. The Intake was a K&N Typhoon...but i put the factory back on when my mileage took a turn for the worst...and i never put the K&N back on yet, too cold outside, i will do it in the spring.

Jason, i will be bringing the car straight to you, so you can at least throw it on your diagnostic system. ill PM you about price negotiations...
Old 12-14-07, 03:05 PM
X72
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a mobil dealer near you, maybe they will order this for you.
http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/..._ATF_3309.aspx

I bet you could also order T-IV or Mobil ATF3309 online. I bought at the dealer near me because they had it priced in the $4 range so I stocked up about a year ago. Good luck
Old 12-14-07, 06:24 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy the fluids online from Curt Aigner at Elmhurst Toyota from Supraforums - great guy.
Old 12-14-07, 08:16 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

You can order T-IV fluid from our own long time vendor, and forum vendor for this exact particular forum, Carson Toyota!

www.l-tunedparts.com or www.carsontoyota.com
Old 12-15-07, 08:12 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ok, first of all, if you ever had a K&N filter in there, your MAF is shot, it doesn't matter if its not triggering CEL, its working, but its coated with the oil from the K&N, and sending the wrong reading to the ECU. Second, make sure you are using OEM plugs.