Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Lifetime Oil Change from Local Lexus Dearlship

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-08, 11:37 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lifetime Oil Change from Local Lexus Dearlship

We just got a coupon in the mail:

For a one time fee, Oil Changes from the dealership as long as I own the vehicle.

Taking all my cars there. Has anyone else seen anything like it from their dealer? I figure with BMW and a few other companies offering maintenance packages. It wouldn't be long before Toyota/Lexus would jump onboard.
They are also offereing Lifetime,
Brakes, Tires and battery. But hey Oil Changes will fit my budget better.
Old 03-01-08, 11:40 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how much is it??
Old 03-02-08, 07:21 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting. Yeah, how much?
Old 03-02-08, 10:59 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

what type of oil? Full syn? or dino
Old 03-02-08, 01:36 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

They list $129.95 for program basically it's the service you get at the 5,000 mile intervals. "Change Oil & Filter, inspect tire, check brakes, test battery, check wipers, check coolant, check power steering fluid and check brake fluid" Going to take the wife's GX and my GS up there to get the full detail. I am going to ask them about the synthetic oil, which is what I use in my SC. I know it's going to be more for the truck. But 1 fee and oil change every 5000 miles sounds like a great deal.
Old 03-03-08, 07:33 PM
dreyfus
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah, that sounds too good to be true. I'd jump at that if there weren't any hidden gotchas.

Like step02 said, read the fine print....
Old 03-04-08, 12:30 AM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow..that sounds awesome! i wonder if they have that available at all the lexus dealerships or only select ones. thats a pretty good deal. i wouldnt mind that at all
Old 03-04-08, 02:46 AM
labrealiv
Driver

^^^ As stated above, be the guinea pig then give us the details!

Also pls. ask how the rest of us can rcv. this offer. Thanks!

Originally Posted by nate579
They list $129.95 for program basically it's the service you get at the 5,000 mile intervals. "Change Oil & Filter, inspect tire, check brakes, test battery, check wipers, check coolant, check power steering fluid and check brake fluid" Going to take the wife's GX and my GS up there to get the full detail. I am going to ask them about the synthetic oil, which is what I use in my SC. I know it's going to be more for the truck. But 1 fee and oil change every 5000 miles sounds like a great deal.
Old 03-05-08, 02:12 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Okay got the 411 on the oil change. The cards was mail out and will be honored, but they only went to a selected few (best customers). Must present card for each service and showed that you have kept up on service intervals. Same go for the lifetime battery, brakes and tires. So my GS and GX will be covered as long as I own the cars. My SC will not be covered due to I use synthetic oil. But hey I will be saving money big time in the long run.
THANK YOU LEXUS.
Old 03-05-08, 02:23 PM
TunedRX300
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This is not a flame but be careful what you get yourself into.
Bulk oil are mostly recycled, OEM filters such as those for RX300 are outsourced to Thailand. I encourage you to Google and search CL about oil and filter if you have doubts.
As for me, the only good things about changing oil at dealer is the free car wash. Master Technician at Lexus still believe use tranny fluid to "clean" out sludge, just unbelievable.
Old 03-05-08, 03:20 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

I am not worried. The Service writer is a very trusted member of CL. He gave me the information. I don't see a Lexus Dealership doing something as putting bad oil in a engine that may have them replacing it at additional cost. On the cleaning of sludge never heard that one before. I am pretty sure there will be no problems. I been using this dealership for years on all my cars with no problems. MB and BMW have similar maintenance plans.
Who would u trust to do a oil change on a Lexus?
Old 03-05-08, 03:48 PM
TunedRX300
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nate579
I am not worried. The Service writer is a very trusted member of CL. He gave me the information. I don't see a Lexus Dealership doing something as putting bad oil in a engine that may have them replacing it at additional cost. On the cleaning of sludge never heard that one before. I am pretty sure there will be no problems. I been using this dealership for years on all my cars with no problems. MB and BMW have similar maintenance plans.
MB and BMW have similiar maintenance plans but what are their reliability ratings? Keep in mind that they have extended oil change interval that almost demand exclusively for synthentic oil, which many owners do not want to buy as a condition for honoring warranty unless offered for free under the federal law.

Lexmex reported in Mexico, German Castrol (100% pure PAO based) oil is branded under BMW. This oil is a great product that I really like but you can't get 15K between oil change with other cheap bulk oil because both base and additives package will be depleted long before the next oil change.

Another question is what is one's expecation for service?
If one wants to go to point A to point B without any mechanical breakdown, any oil and filter will do fine. But then, one just needs a Toyota compact car, not a Lexus premium sedan/SUV.

But those who like me want better engine protection, smoother startup, longer drain interval, less time to spend on oil changes, and less polluting material dumped to the environment would want better products go into our cars.

Not suggesting this is the route for everyone to go but I do my own oil changes with filter and oil I select.
I prefer to pay for quality products, not brands, especially those that have no expertise in petro-chemical engineering.

Last edited by TunedRX300; 03-05-08 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-09-08, 09:52 PM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

This deal is a classic case of a loss-leading item. A large majority of car shops (as well as other retail stores) use this technique.
The intent is not to do inferior work. If you really think it through, this is an advertising promotion. If anything you're going to get the opposite. They're going to give you the best service even at a loss, so you'll find it convenient to come back and get all the other "recommended" services in the future at the same time you get your future changes.
Cheaper to spend the ad dollars for services (even for a loss) to an already loyal customer than using the money on TV/print with no guarentee that it will bring new money(oops, I mean new customers).
Old 03-09-08, 09:57 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

It's a Lexus Dealership that's well known in our area. I been getting service there for years. Now they are offering 1 fee, life time service. Yea, I am not going to pass that up. CL member is a service writer for them and I trust him when he gave me the low down. I am good. Will be taking the car and truck there Tuesday. Too bad I can't get the SC under the program, but hey I still will be saving money anyway.
Old 04-11-08, 04:07 PM
raminonly
Driver School Candidate

can you please send or post a copy ofthe coupon for life time oil change.

Thank you

Quick Reply: Lifetime Oil Change from Local Lexus Dearlship