Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Stevens Creek Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-02, 03:40 PM
01VaporBlueRX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Stevens Creek Lexus

We needed a 15k service on the car, so we called up Stevens Creek Lexus in San Jose California. To day is Feb. 4 and they said to come in on April 4th!! Is it just me or is that completely crazy? We will be way past 15k by then! Has anyone else had this experience with Stevens Creek Lexus? Thanx, Paul
Old 02-04-02, 08:52 PM
salimshah

Received 1,079 Likes on 971 Posts

Lexus of Austin will give you an appointment after 2 weeks. Looks like HMOs

All is this is based on how many vehicles a dealership has to service. At times shortage of loaner cars could be a problem.

Next time just estimate and call early. If there are no problems, waiting wont hurt.

Salim
Old 02-05-02, 12:20 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Unless there is some unusual reason why you want to go to Stevens Creek, just stay on 880 and go to Lexus of Fremont. They are open for service from 7AM to midnight Mon thru Fri and 7AM to 5PM Sat and Sun (parts are open same hours as well). I have only had to wait for a service appointment for my convenience, normally they will take you within 24 hours. Lexus of Fremont is getting service work from a lot of the other dealers because of those hours. Don't think they are particularly cheap (is any Lexus service cheap?) but at least they are reasonably competent and those service hours are great. Last time I was in for service they told me that they would actually arrange vehicle pickup anytime for the whole twenty four hour day. Stevens Creek BMW and Smythe Mercedes (and Stevens Creek Lexus) aren't even on the same planet for service as far as I am concerned with Lexus of Fremont.
Old 02-07-02, 03:52 PM
hlee1169
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexus dealers in the Bay Area

I, too, have searched for another dealer in the Bay Area after calling up Lexus at Stevens Creek to schedule an appointment. But what I found is that Stevens Creek's service is not bad and its location (10 min drive from me) is very convenient for me.

I've called Lexus at Fremont, Redwood City, and Serramonte, and compared their prices on 4 wheel alignment. I found that Fremont is the most expensive at $199. Stevens Creek is $129, Redwood City is about the same, and Serramonte is $99. This might have changed by now, but do ask around to find a dealer for you.
Old 02-07-02, 03:56 PM
01VaporBlueRX
Pole Position

Thanks for all the replies, i think ive decided to go to Fremont because it is the closest apart from stevens creek, and my friend has good experience with them. for example, my friends rx (as seen in my sig pic) had a squeaky seat so they took it to fremont and told them the seat squeaked and fremont ordered them a whole new seat including the side airbag.
Old 02-11-02, 07:25 PM
foucco
Rookie

I've been going to the one in Redwood City because I bought my RX there and have had to call on the warranty a few times to fix annoyances. Never had to wait more than 2 days for an appointment.

However, my friends all swear by Magnussens (Fremont) great service so I think I'm going to start going there. Putnum (Redwood City) is more convenient, but they've been unsuccessful in fixing some of the problems.
Old 02-13-02, 05:29 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Called up Fremont Lexus about 1:30 to make an appointment for my 5K checkup. They asked when I wanted to go in and I said Saturday. They asked if I wanted to bring it right in for the check. Schedule is better Saturday but what luxury. No reason to put up with the Stevens Creek attitude. All the high end dealers on Stevens Creek just can't quite remember who they are supposed to be serving.
Old 02-13-02, 06:30 PM
01VaporBlueRX
Pole Position

I too called Fremont Lexus for my 15k and they gave me an appointment straight away for this saturday at 9am. I dont know how stevens Creek gets all the business they do. From now on im going to Fremont. Thnak you.
Old 02-14-02, 12:27 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Life's too short to sort out Stevens Creek auto dealer attitude. Don't really want to get me going on Stevens Creek BMW, over seven years I spent a lot of time in their service department. Taking my blue GS in saturday at 10AM. Only problem with Magnussen is going there during the week. 880 at Auto Mall is a pain almost all the time.
Old 02-14-02, 03:31 PM
01VaporBlueRX
Pole Position

I agree, Stevens Creek Bmw has problems too.
Old 02-15-02, 09:48 AM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Try Magnussen Lexus on Auto Row in Fremont. I just got the 15K check on my car and had called that morning for an appointment. It took a couple hours, including cleaning of the injectors.
Old 02-22-02, 04:38 PM
GCM
Driver School Candidate

I called to get my IS300 tires replaced under the recall and a 10k oil change on 2/18 and the next appointment they were able to give me isn't until 3/18.

I've had to bring my car in a couple of times for the 5k service/underbody panel recall and for the TRAC/ECU update and so far the service has been good, I've gotten loaner cars both times and followup phone calls in a timely manner from my service rep. so no complaints from me so far about them. They're also only 10 mins away from both my work and home so the convenience factor is hard to beat.
Old 02-22-02, 05:35 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Just to update Magnussen's in Fremont. The service hours are now twenty four hours a day M-F, the card says till 5 on Saturday (I assume they are open from midnight friday) and I think 7 to 5 on Sunday. Might be a little more for service but usually no wait at all for an appointment. They also didn't have any problem using my oil for the oil changes in order to go synthetic. Now you know where to get that oil change and car wash at 3AM.
Old 02-24-02, 11:49 PM
sc400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I live in San jose so I used to have my car serviced at Lexus Stevens creek. However I stop going there and instead tried Fremont lexus on my last two services.

I too had the same schedule problem when calling Lexus Stevens creek. I found that they have more customers than they can handle and as the result the quality of service went down a lot.
I'm going to Fremont lexus now and find they have better service and a lot less busy.