Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Lexus of Riverside SUCKS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-02, 10:31 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Lexus of Riverside SUCKS!!!

well I went to get my brakes done today at lexus of riverside, and everything was going well, untill they braught my car out, I saw that my bodykit had a huge gash in it on the driver side, so I told the service rep about it and they told me that it was there before I braught the car in and all this bull about how they didnt do it and they took extra care with my car because its lowerec and all that bull, well I got tired of arguing and just wanted to go home so I get in the car and I was about to adjust my rear view mirror , as soon as I touched it the mirror came off in my hand, I was furious then I got of the car and went straight to the service rep. and told him about it and after a few words back and forth they agreed to fix it free of charge since it was there fault, the funny thing is, they new it was broken and no one told me about it, if I didnt touch the mirror and driven off they would have blamed me or my subs for it. I am never going back to that dealership again and I advise that you guys shouldn't either
Old 09-11-02, 11:13 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that bro but that's one of my worse nightmare I have when I take in my car for service. I make sure the service people notice that I don't have nothing wrong w/ my car before I leave it in there hands. That's why I take it to Longo. I have no fear what so ever when I take my car there because they make sure the customer is always happy. Good luck with your car.
Old 09-11-02, 11:16 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

biggie..it is time to pick up the tel and call the friendly customer service...:eek:
Old 09-11-02, 11:41 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Yes

Lexus of Riverside lost their top tech a little while back. As a result they are left with a few "challenged" techs.
Also their Service Reps are not what I would consider "Lexus Grade".

I would no longer take my Lexus or any other vehicle to that dealership due to issues that I have encountered in the past.
Also avoid Crown Lexus in Ontario.

Sorry to hear of your issues.
Call Lexus direct and explain your issues to them. Dealerships are marked down for bad service. Best of luck to you.
Old 09-11-02, 11:43 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you love your car....do a walk around with the service guy when you drop your car off. I ALWAYS do this. I then write, one nick on the fender, on nick on the 'a' pillar, no other dents or flaws in the car. After the service guys sees this on the paperwork, he always goes out and does a walk around.

One time I saw my car still in the shop before I picked it up.... One service guy wasn't paying attention and another guy grabbed him when he got close to my car and said, "The boss said to be very careful near this car....watch it"

I thought...YEA!!!!

MW
Old 09-12-02, 12:47 AM
UTGS400
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The John Roberts dealership here in Austin have always done a walk around. They have a special sheet they use to mark all of the flaws on the cars they work on. If they do see something wrong they mention it to the owner of the vehicle. All dealerships should do this.
Old 09-12-02, 04:23 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

a good walk-around, that is an excellent idea!
Old 09-12-02, 10:36 AM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Default Sorry to hear

biggie,

sorry to hear about that. I'm very surprised that they didn't do a walk around before they took the car in. I'd definitely call cust sevc. to see if you can get them to fix it.

For Everyone:
like others have said its better to tak a few minutes and do a walkaround with the service writer before-hand then to play the you didi it I didn't do it game after. I know everyone here is of the mindset, well I don't expect my car to come back damaged, but the reality is that not all techs/car jockeys will treat your car the way you would. Its a problem at all dealerships, it's just less public at some. ANother option is to look for dealerships that are ELITE certified (I mean the whole dealership) not just the office, or the sales dept. It's very difficult to achieve (1 bad CSI survey and it's over) and those dealers go the extra mile to keep customers happy.
Old 09-12-02, 07:23 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up Agree

Very good advice.