Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Bay Ridge Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-02, 07:50 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pure Idots are Bay Ridge!!!!

I had just got my car back from my 15k service today. Which took yesterday and today which I understand because I droped it off at 1 pm on Friday so I understand that. But get this I get the car back and I know I didn't have a scrape on the bumper and now I do. Also they bent my dipstick when they changed the oil and forgot to put the mesh washer thing back in the washer fluid top lid. Also they where supose to rotate the tires but when I bough it to the short bald a**hole attention( some kind of service manger) he told me they forgot and he was sorry but it would take proably hour to do because there was a back up. So he took off 40 dollars. Big deal. Then I show him the scratch on the bumper and he looks at the thing they fill out when I bring the car in and see theres no scracth written down there and goes no problem I will take care of it. He comes back with some mexican who has touch up paint and I didn't want that because it won't macth because it's about 6 inches long. I rather have a black mark then touch up paint on this thing. So then he goes well I tryed to help. Then he can tell I am pisted so he goes listen you going to get a survey in the mail and he goes listen make sure you fill it in all perfect rating even though I know you had problems. He goes if you need help you can bring it in ( meaning the survey). What *****!!!! What am I retarted!!!Then of course I get hit up by them for a tip when they bring the car around the guy goes well I washed it for you and he bascially puts his hand out. I am thinking to myself your tip is my 750 month payment a month. I am sick of them at Bay Ridge and the one in the city is just like them. I am going strickly to jersey for now on. I am going to fill out that survey and I am going to attach a letter telling them they should check them out. They make Lexus look bad bunch of fools. Espically the fat bald guy!!! I mean I bough 4 cars so far from them. Only reason being the price. I mean I have sent friends there and they have noting.What a bunch of morons
Old 11-02-02, 07:55 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Call Corp. And I mean NOW and tell them everything. Honestly I wouldn't have left the Dealer with out being satisfied
Old 11-02-02, 11:39 PM
Sovero1
Pole Position

Talk to the general manager there. I think his name is Eugene Woods. He seems like a serious guy who cares about the dealership, and maybe about the customers.
Old 11-03-02, 01:43 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

purebliss,

I agree with u a 100%. I dont trust any of those guys at Bay Ridge. I think i know the bold guy ur talking about, his name is Louis. He is a moron. I took my car there many times to fix simple problems since i got it less than a year ago. The first problem i had was the brakelight on the spoiler didnt work, which they installed. I had to go there 4 times for them to finally fix it.

The other problem i had was rattle in the dash and i needed wheel alignment. This guy louis took my report this time, then left me waiting for 2 hours waiting until somebody will look at the car. So for two hours im looking at my car and nobody even checks it out. I ask him whats going on, and he says we are very busy so you have leave the car here for the whole day. So I say to him why did u make me wait here for 2 hours. Anyway I come back the next day to get my car and guess what, the wheel alignment problem is still there and so is the rattle. I was about to go crazy, i was so pissed. After coming back there several more times they finally fixed these problems. But it was a huge hassle dealing with them.

Before i leased the lexus, i leased a mitsubishi and while the service there was not perfect, I can honestly say that its much better than what i have experienced at lexus so far.

Right now I have a few little problems with my car, like the dome light doesnt work in the footwell, but Im not even thinking about fixing it because its a major hassle dealing with those people. And forget about oil changes, I honestly dont trust them doing anything to my car. This was a surprise to me bec before I got my car i thought lexus had the best service, i guess i was wrong.
Old 11-04-02, 11:47 AM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I don't understand you guys

this goes to purebliss and others who have done the same thing (i.e. drive off the lot when someone is willing to work things out)

The guys at Bay Ridge admittedly do not have the best reputation in the world as far as service goes. So they filled out a form that says there was no scratch when you brought the car in and when it left it did...THAT'S YOUR PROOF that they caused the damage..WHY on God's green earth would you walk away without demanding they REPAINT (not touch-up) your bumper. Other guy's have driven off the lot at Manhattan and I'm sure if you ask at Ray Catena or Longo or Prestige or Englewood or wherever for the same thing. You guys get too emotional about it and fly off the handle before getting the results you expect. Let's remeber one thing if I am a business man and I can appease you by touching up your car with $3 of t/u paint vs. a $200 bumper repainting which do you think I am going to choose. You guys need to start being a little more level headed and raise the issue to a Manager, especially if you have purchased 4 cars from them before...if you knew that going in then shame on you for putting yourself in that position, but if they'd been good to you before shame on them for not doing the right thing for a good customer.

I'm not saying what they or any other dealership does with respect to bumps and scrapes is right, but you are most likely dealing with someone who is not authorized to make that type of decision (i.e. painting your whole bumper). I understand the argument, I shouldn't have to do that, they should bend over backwards fro me, but that's not reality and the guys you were most likely dealing with are not at that level...you need to escalate the problem to someon who can make that decision...and unfortunately alot of times we let our emotions get the best of us and we storm off dissatisfied and angry. If they admitted wrong doing you were only 1 step away from getting the "right" person to authorize a bumper re-painting and not a touch up...that's how all of us should be looking at these types of situations. Customer service or not, NO ONE is going to give away a $200 "screw-up" unless you bring it to the right level and in the right manner.