Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Lexus service at Toyota?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-02, 07:12 PM
hotrodtodd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus service at Toyota?

I've read several posts where Lexus owners have had their vehicles serviced at a Toyota dealership.

Well, I live in Orlando Florida and I called 3 Toyota dealers to schedule a service appointment for my ES300 and all three said they cannot work on any Lexus. What's up with that?

Todd
Old 11-05-02, 07:31 PM
SW03ES
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats odd, they should especially be able to service an ES300.

All I can think of is that the Toyota and Lexus dealerships have struck some sort of deal in that area. You all have JM Lexus down there don't you? Thats a huge dealer...
Old 11-20-02, 03:19 PM
WinstonSalem
Driver School Candidate

Just to be sure Toyo maintenance would be kosher, I emailed Lexus corporate and within 4 hours they confirmed that while they would hope that I would use a Lexus dealer for regular maintenance, some owners do not have a local dealer and therefore can go to Toyota for maintenance. Such regular maintenance is indeed honored if/when any warranty issues might arise.

I paid $190 for 15k service on my '01 GS300. Lexus dealer quoted me between $350 and $450.
Old 11-20-02, 03:27 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

I used to get my Supra serviced at Lexus, a lot of the same service part #'s.
Old 12-02-02, 02:15 PM
Lexmexico
Lead Lap

In Mexico, Toyota is the only place I can go.
Old 12-02-02, 02:25 PM
Lvangundy

WinstonSalem --

What about out of warranty work?

What if there is a Lexus dealer in the area, but you really want to go to Toyota?

Not trying to be obnoxious, just wanted to confirm.
Old 12-02-02, 06:25 PM
Lexmexico
Lead Lap

Lvangundy,

Lexus agreed to allow Toyota to do warranty work on my vehicle here in Mexico. I had to push the issue. The determining point came when I pointed in the RX300 Owner's manual to a part that mentioned to call a certain number when traveling in Mexico, since Lexus first tried to deny they had any affiliation whatsoever with Mexico. I am sure people with a Lexus in Alaska would have the same issue.
Old 12-06-02, 08:35 PM
akmpres
Pole Position

Default service

I went to a toyota dealer for a oil filter and they didnt even have one... they said i had to go to lexus, and I am boycotting the lexus dealership here in harrisburg..

anybody know a place online where i can get filters for the 1uz-fe?
Old 12-06-02, 10:11 PM
Gekko
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Default AKMPRES

AKMPRES - Why are you boycotting that particular lexus dealership? Are you talking about Harrisburg, PA? Bobby Rahal Lexus? What did they do to you? Also - If so - Why are you going to Harrisburg, PA from NY?

Last edited by Gekko; 12-06-02 at 10:12 PM.
Old 12-07-02, 12:00 AM
akmpres
Pole Position

I have a secondary residence in PA as well, being from new York city i know that customer service in new York is crap,
But it is nothing compared to the rudeness that i receive from one service advisor at rahal,
Without going into details, i asked for something to be done, they said they would do it that day, what i requested could not be done, thats fine, i call a week later to check up on the progress of my request, never done, the guy should of called me an simply informed me. his excuse was that he didn’t have my number, didn’t have my number? my car has been serviced there since day 1, not only did i service it there, the pervious owner did as well. The dealership has my number, just have the ba*ls to tell me you can t do something, don't just forget about it and think I’m going to go away. to top it off, being rude about it in the process. fu*k him, my sis and I were going to get my parents an LS430 for their 25th anniversary, now they will get a 7series, CVM is a good dealership, they even have a food court!

And once they told me that I needed a whole new power steering pump an $1100 quote I have it here on my desk.

All it needed was a new res.

sorry i haven’t checked this post for grammar or spelling,
i bought my little sister a Saturn 2 years ago for her birthday, they send me birthday cards for her car, when we bring it in for service they are pleasant, and friendly, and that s just a 14K car.

when I told the people at Saturn i had a problem with somebody at Lexus, they automatically knew who that person was, I didn’t even have to tell them, nobody deserves to be treated like a second class citizen when they go to have there Lexus serviced. Or any of their cars serviced.

Good places in this area are
The tire mart
Saturn dealership.

Another example of good service, I just bought rims from Carson Toyota in cali, if I have a question or concern they call me back within the hour, thanks again for those rims Steve they look great!

And rahal just opened an Acura dealership locally, my NSX needs an oil change, I hope they have better service than rahal lexus.
Old 12-07-02, 02:14 PM
Gekko
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Bobby Rahal Lexus

i don't like rahal either. the advisor that gave me a hard time was taller, brown 80's hair, and i tHINK a moustache. he was a real dumb *****. i go to WILKIE in Philly suburbs. they do a great job. i usually go to Sloane Toyota to get 99% of work done though.
Old 12-07-02, 03:31 PM
akmpres
Pole Position

Default ya

The guy that I am talking about, he's not dumb, he knows that most Lexus owners in the area are older unsophisticated buyers, he plays on their ignorance, and he does it to everybody, once in a while people like us come along and cramp his style.
Old 12-14-02, 11:50 PM
SharpLS-96
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: service

Originally posted by akmpres
I went to a toyota dealer for a oil filter and they didnt even have one... they said i had to go to lexus, and I am boycotting the lexus dealership here in harrisburg..

anybody know a place online where i can get filters for the 1uz-fe?
http://www.irontoad.com/Merchant2/me...Store_Code=LSC

Last edited by SharpLS-96; 12-14-02 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-15-02, 12:28 AM
akmpres
Pole Position

Default thanks

thats a great site man, thanks man!
Old 01-03-03, 02:24 AM
elclassico
Lead Lap

Arrow i boycotted my lex dealer too!

tell me about it, i dont know what it is. besides lexus dealerships being full of it, uptight, rude, expensive, and far away. you know in northern cali i never had a problem with lex, they really helped me out at lexus of saramonte. but man in southern cali. one bad experience was enough for me to realize its a scam. toyota dealerships all the way!