Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

I was at McGarth Lexus in Chicago :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-02, 10:23 PM
joewoz2001
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I was at McGarth Lexus in Chicago :(

Hey everyone!!

I was at Mc grath Lexus in Chicago today and I was talking to one of the salesmen about the '03 Ls430 and '03 Gs430 and I asked him if there was a Gs430 to test drive and he had said that there was so another salesmen came over shortly after and asked the person talking to me to come with him for whatever reason. So He excused himself and I was like thats fine, I expected to see him back shortly but....... NO! I saw him later and he was just walking around the showroom not even paying any attention to me, which I thought was realy rude. then I talked to another salesmen and he was really rude to me too like I didn't have any business talking to him because he was soo important. I don't think that should be comming from a dealership where I bought my lexus from by the way to treat me that
way.

-Joe
Attached Images  
Old 11-06-02, 10:24 PM
joewoz2001
Pit Crew

another pic of dealership
Attached Images  
Old 11-06-02, 11:14 PM
2Lexos
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn, man sorry to hear that. i've never had a problem with them. they service both my cars, well not the GS anymore cause it's too low for the racks. and i don't want them washing my car. but the only people that are a pain there is the parts guys. they don't know ****!! but other than that i don't have any complaints. oh and i have a friend that works there also.

when you going to join the Chicago members? we have a meet coming up soon at a Lexus facility.
Old 11-08-02, 09:13 AM
kutscher
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sounds like the dealers around here, although not lexus. It appears if they do not get the "vibe" that you are going to purchase today, they just ignore you. Which really P****S me off. I think most have lost business from me, that is if I was going to buy anything else besides a lexus.
Old 11-08-02, 11:19 AM
UTGS400
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I am sorry to hear they treated you like that...I could never imagine the Lexus dealership in Austin would ever treat someone in that way. Every time I go in there I talk to a few salemen about the future possibilities of lexus (GS??). Every time I walk in the door, the first thing I hear is "Hey Chad, how are you doing? How are your parents? and Grandma?" It's great. And better yet, the service is excellent. I call in and they schedule me in the next day at the latest and give me a lexus loaner (not even half of this dealership's loaners are Lexus).

There has to be a Lexus dealership somewhere in Chicago that would treat you more like the dealership here.
Old 11-08-02, 08:31 PM
joewoz2001
Pit Crew

UT GS400,

Actually the dealerships I go to most around here are Lexus of Naperville and Mcgrath Lexus in westmont (McGrath has 2 dearerships, chicago and westmont) and they never say anything to me hardly unless one of the idiot salesmen in Westmont is yelling at me telling me to move my car which I didn't park in the first place because the idiot porter washed it and parked it in front of their door to the showroom (which it doesn't belong there in the first place). I wish I could go into one of those places and just once have one of the salesmen say hi Joe!!, but I guess NO!!

Thanks,
-Joe