Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

rate your dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-02, 06:33 AM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to www.tirerack.com check out the tire size you want and print out the specification page. In there you will find the tire size with number of rotation/revolution per mile. Check it against your original. calculate the circumference of the tire, subtract the revolutions from the original and the wrong one... You get the idea...

Another thing, even with the original tire, new tread vs old tread does make a difference too.

Originally posted by jahummer
I'm curious, how much of a difference in mileage does the wrong tire size cause?
Old 01-24-02, 11:16 AM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealer: Hoffman Lexus, Hartford, Connecticut

Rating: ****

Svc Coordinator: Alex Ordonez

A fine dealer with a good parts and service department. They always call me one or two days after a service visit to see how things went and am I happy.

They have free loaner cars.

Nice folks who hosted the Club Lexus New England drive in during December 2001!
Old 01-28-02, 02:53 PM
joedoe
Rookie

Question

Lexus of Serramonte. Can anybody rate it?
Old 01-28-02, 04:57 PM
TheWorm
Driver School Candidate

I'd be interested in seeing some additionals on Concord Lexus (CA) and Pleasanton Lexus. I wonder whether there's been a management change @ Concord:

My first couple of visits to Concord were quite good. My last two, over the last year, were not satisfactory. My GS300 vibrates @ idle when in gear (like the AC compressor is on, even tho it isn't), squeals between 3rd and 4th, and has a handful of rattles (including the sunroof popping for which I have the TSB from a few months ago). He looked @ the TSB, laughed, and didn't mention it again.

Today on a test drive with the tech, he said the car sounds "normal" to him. The 2nd tech in the car says "I think these are just 'it would be nice if...' issues you're having."

I said, "yea, it'd be nice if you fixed them since they weren't there before."

They did offer to do my 20k service while I waited. I passed since my 15k was done 1k ago

I didn't even bother to leave the car behind this time...I'll just wait for it all to get worse so the oil and smoke will make it easier to find the problems.

Last edited by TheWorm; 01-28-02 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-08-02, 12:23 PM
diamondgs4
Driver

Lightbulb My rating for Lexuswest

Lexus Westminister, Westminister, CA

rating: **

recommend service dept: No

Service rep: forgot

Comments: Bought my GS430 there and have my recent oil change/ tire rotation for 9K service.

Pricing: definite not cheap if you compared to Longo in El Monte, CA (Just difficult to set appointment with Longo)
The technician just change my air filter without quoted me the price ahead. $60 bucks for a freekin toyota air filter. The K & N
has it for only $37

Comments: Not a friendly evironment there and the waiting area is crampt with limited supply of donuts and coffee. I will shift to ?Longo and plan my 15K service there.
Old 03-14-02, 10:13 AM
BADGS400
Driver

only thing i have to say about mine is they wont cover my headlights that have a bunch of water in them and i have the full waranty, and i caught them on one of my services not changing my oil:eek: , i worked at a toyota dealer ship so i can tell with filters they use and with color and such, other than that they fixed like a 4 thousand dollar stearing problem for free, new rotors for free and an awsome deal on the car do begin with
Old 03-14-02, 11:06 AM
GS4Man

My last service stop in they replaced both fog lights because one of them had mositure in them. This was probably my fault due to me taking them apart to break out the yellow lens on the inside. They did this without even asking ! Again, no issues with Lexus Carlsbad in 3.5 years. I would buy another car from them.
Old 03-14-02, 06:55 PM
jahummer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by BADGS400
other than that they fixed like a 4 thousand dollar stearing problem for free, new rotors for free and an awsome deal on the car do begin with
What was wrong with the rotors?
Old 03-15-02, 02:11 PM
BertL
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Dealership Name: Nally Lexus - Marietta (Georgia)

Rating: *****

Would you recommend this service/parts dept? *****

Your service advisor/contact: ***** Jennifer Rhodes

Fabulous service. Always a loaner when over a couple of hours. Responsive and helpful. Service Dept has been great with both my previous SC300 and now SC430 that I bought at other dealerships -- have treated me like I bought it there. In fact, the service/parts dept is great -- I'd go to Nally Lexus - Roswell for Sales though -- bad experiences at the Marietta location with just wanting my money, and I knew more about the product than the salesman did...
Old 03-15-02, 04:07 PM
BADGS400
Driver

they were EXTREMELY warped(spelling?) even when i would put on the breaks only going 20miles an hour the car would shake like
crazy!! also they may have been cracked or bent or something with rust, he said something else was wrong but i cant remember i only remember the part where he said "we'll give you some new ones" that made me happe, NOW IF THEY WOULD CHANGE MY LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-02, 07:08 PM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by joedoe
Lexus of Serramonte. Can anybody rate it?
Not sure what star I would give them but they have provided me with good service so far. One problem they have not fixed yet are some rattles in the dash. I have had them since it was new. It's getting worse now and I know what street to send them on. But I have confidence that they will be able to fix it.

One weird thing is that I have never had a Lexus loaner from them. I've had a camry and a saab turbo wagon from enterprise rent a car.

The last time I was there they had stopped washing cars for free although do was it when one has a service. Before, you only had to stop by, and if you bought your car there, you could get a free car wash.
Old 03-22-02, 08:15 PM
jahummer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default feedback please

Some paint is beginning to peel on the black windshield moulding. My dealer and Lexus customer service claim that painted moulding is not covered under Lexus Platinum warranty or paint warranty(only body panels are covered)

Anyone here encounter a similar problem?

What's bizarre is that the lady at Lexus customer service siad I had no warranty because I owned a Toyota, not a Lexus! Then she corrected herself but still she could not adequately explain what could be covered. I had a similar problem with the 800 # when I locked my keys in the trunk. Customer service had no idea how to open the trunk and get the keys out. They suggested I have the locks drilled and redone
Old 03-31-02, 06:53 PM
fasthuh
Lead Lap

I haven't got any service done from these 2 dealers: Steven's Creek (San Jose) and Magnussen (Fremont), but their parts are so damn expensive!

This is just a couple of examples I have compaired to Sacramento Lexus:

Steven's Creek - AC Filter $60
Magnussen - AC Filter $60
Sacramento - AC Filter $40

Steven's Creek - 01 Grill $220
Magnuessen - 01 Grill $220
Sacramento - 01 Grill $160

Prices are rounded off, but it's amazing how prices vary so much. I asked the SC Lexus why their parts cost so much, all he can say is Sacramento Lexus do not sell as much cars as them that's why their parts are cheaper. WTF!!! Full of BULL!
Old 10-28-02, 08:29 PM
Goods
Driver

Default Let's activate this thread again

OK, I posted back on page 5 and 6, whatever happened to this thread ... this is a good one.

Anyways, now that Longo Lexus owns Steven's Creek in San Jose, I thought I'd give em a call to see how much for an oil change. It used to be $39 from my old message last year, this time they quoted me $59 + tax. (At least this time they had something available the next day.)

No thanks, I'll brought it to Freemont that night. Same price as before, $51.xx out the door.
Their 60K service quote was 12 hundred something. ($12xx.00).
Whoa!

I'll find someplace else thanks.
Old 10-28-02, 08:50 PM
lex430
Lead Lap

Can a mod make this thread a sticky? I think it contains great info here for references

Quick Reply: rate your dealer