Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

rate your dealer

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-01, 05:59 PM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

This thread will be used to rate your dealership's service and parts dept. After data consolidation, we will post results and send a copy to Lexus Corp!

Here's the format;

Dealership Name, City and State
Your rating, 4 stars maximum, half stars OK
Would you recommend this service/parts dept? Yes or No.
Your service advisor/contact. Any specific technicians.
Comments, positive or negative.
Pricing for common service.

Please rate all dealerships in your area where you have personal experience. Also be honest in your opinion. Your experience may be different than others at the same dealership. To be fair, we would require a few reviews for each dealership.

Please feel free to add any other data point you feel useful to the survey.
Old 05-10-01, 07:40 PM
allcode
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up My ratings

Longo Lexus El Monte, CA

rating: ****

recommend service dept: Yes

Service rep: forgot

Comments: Bought my GS4 there, but only been there for 5k lube. Everthing about this place is great, from the nice cool underground showroom w/ golf swing cage, to the spacious waiting room with fully stocked pastries and beverages, to the friendly service reps. Also it may be just me, but I find my car most meticulously cleaned here compared to other local Lexus dealers.

Pricing: forgot what I paid for 5k service, but I know all of their services are 10-15% cheaper than others from they flyer they sent me. e.g. 15k service is $220 vs. $250 elsewhere.

Torrance Lexus, Torrance, CA

rating: ***

Service rep: forgot

Comments: Only got a 5k service there. Everyone was friendly, service was fast and efficient. Even got a nice long-stem rose when I left. (think it was Mother's Day or something...)

Pricing: I forgot

Cerritos Lexus, Cerritos, CA

rating: (no star)

recommend service dept: NO!!!!

Service rep: Gary

Comments: I can rant and rave on forever about the crap they deemed as service I received here. For more info, see my full post "#1 in Customer Satisfaction?" in the GS400 forum.
https://www.clublexus.com/vb/showthr...threadid=14416

Pricing: About to be chared $380 for 15k service, but turns out to be whatever they can get away with (once again, look at my longer post in the GS400 forum)

Last edited by allcode; 05-10-01 at 10:44 PM.
Old 05-10-01, 09:41 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up LONGO

LONGO lexus, El Monte, CALI

4 STAR, based on my 6 years experience
Service Advisor- all top rated, my uasual guys are Mike Sander, Paul mill and Perry Roeder.

Pricing- very reasonable and competitive; sooo many loaners for cuctomers

Old 05-10-01, 10:28 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Longo Lexus, El Monte, CA

rating: "****"

Service rep: Mike, Perry.

Comments: Bought my GS300 there. Nice attitudes from the receptionist girl to the technician guy. Parts department very helpful, service just absolutely great.

Pricing: Cheaper than other dealers I've checked with for 15k and oil changes.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Tustin Lexus, Tustin, CA

rating: "* "

recommend service dept: No.

Service rep: Temo Hernandez.

Comments: Attitude was okay, but the results from them are bad. Went in for oil change, also checked up my stuck shifter. Blamed the shifter on the RAZO shift ****. Not the smartest service rep. Parts department was great. Top service, great price. (parts guy was Rey.)

Pricing: OK Pricing on service. BEST pricing on parts.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Cerritos Lexus, Cerritos, CA

rating: " " no star

recommend service dept: NO WAY

Service rep: All of them are as bad.

Comments: Low quality ghetto service. Bad attitude. Slow parts service. Sales people were very nice though.

Pricing: Didn't discuss that before I walked out.

CONCLUSION: If you're in SoCal, Longo is the best place to go for service!
Old 05-11-01, 09:39 AM
sTWO
Rookie

Sterling McCall - Houston, TX

1 Star - *

Would NOT recommend service dept.

Avoid having their "lead" mechanic look at your car, forgot his name

I went in there because one of my HID lights would occasionally not come on upon starting the car. After I took it in, they said "no problem exists, both lights turn on". Then I said "hold up", and had to turn the car on and off a few times to re-create it. They had to keep it there YET ANOTHER DAY because they didn't read the service detail report that said it has to be recreated by turning the car on and off a few times.

The next day I come in and notice that my lights are not leveled correctly(the replaced one is pointed straight down), also the intensity of the replaced one looks like a normal bulb, not HID! So they tell me to leave it again for another day. Then they replaced my other good bulb and lower the intensity for that one too! They refused to return my lights to the way they were when I bought the car.

In addition (without checking with me), they threw out my right PIAA fog light, claiming it was broken. If they had called me, they would have known that it was merely disconnected slightly from the socket. It took me 2 months of constantly calling to reach their service manager to get a check for my PIAA set. Everytime I called he was "in a meeting". Finally, I think they got the message.

In the end I had to go to Lexus of New Orleans, and they showed me how to adjust my lights and reset the intensity.

Pricing: Above what it should be on average by 10-20%.
Old 05-11-01, 09:47 AM
Jooleee
Lead Lap

Riverside Lexus, Riverside, CA

rating: 3

recommend service department: sure, if it's close to you and you don't nead a loaner car... i don't think they have very many of those...

service rep: forgot~ only been there once

when they washed my car, they took out the driver's side floormat and forgot to put it back~ and i finally noticed it the next afternoon when i was going to drive home for the weekend -- so i had to call the dealer and go get it back. blech. but the service was pretty fast~ i guess maybe because i went on a thursday. they took longer to wash my car than to check it and replace the battery... =T

Old 05-11-01, 02:00 PM
Kaban
Lead Lap

Longo Lexus, El Monte CA

Rating ****
Recommand service dept. Yes

Comments: Service was fast and professional. The mechanic I dealt with was very knowledgable. Only complain I had was when I took my car in to fix a vacume pump canister they confused my Gold ES with a white ES 300 and took it to a bodyshop to try to repaint it. Took 2 hours for them to figure out what was going on when I told them my car was not in the service department anymore.

Turns out they hire young guys with no experience to handle the cars when you take it in for service and they would drive it out for you. They guy who drove my car out was a senior from my high school!! Note this was almost 5 years ago.

Pricing: was covered under warrenty.
Old 05-11-01, 02:07 PM
Kaban
Lead Lap

Just adding to my reply...

When I got my car back my stereo's Bass and Treple was set to max and Mid range set to lowest, so it was pretty obviously a "dude" was handling my car and listening to my CDs.
Old 05-11-01, 02:07 PM
apogee98

Question service question

Longo Lexus, El Monte, CA

**** on sales only, have not had any svc done yet, 1K is coming up.

I have a question for you guys out there, I bought a spoiler (after market) through Longo when I bought the car, and I have seen many posts here that stated one NEEDS to have the spring in the truck replace for spoiler installation, I have asked my sales person, and also talked to someone in the SVC dept, and have been told that there will not be any problem with the orginal springs, which leads to the answer that they will NOT replace the springs!

I will have my spoiler install in a few weeks, and I was wondering how would you guys ask, or approach the dealer in this instance? and is there a specific spring model that I need to ask for?

sorry for the ignorance, I am new to this forum and lexus,

thanks for any suggestions or help
Old 05-11-01, 02:25 PM
JacobT

No new springs are needed. Just need to re-adjust the tension of the springs. BTW, you'll get both brake lights after you install the spoiler. Dealer will not disconnect the deck brake light for you.
Old 05-11-01, 04:51 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by JacobT
No new springs are needed. Just need to re-adjust the tension of the springs. BTW, you'll get both brake lights after you install the spoiler. Dealer will not disconnect the deck brake light for you.

Jacob can you show us some pics or diagrams on how to adjust it? I've called several dealers and they said IT'S NOT ADJUSTABLE! With my heavier-than-me spoiler I would like to have my trunk not slam anymore.
Old 05-11-01, 05:19 PM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

If you open your trunk and look where the springs are in the trunk lid you'll see that there are 2 notches.
One is the lighter setting for the trunk without the spoiler. The other is the stronger setting to be used with the spoiler.
Move the spring on both sides of the trunk to the other notch. That's it.
Old 05-11-01, 05:44 PM
apogee98

Originally posted by JacobT
thanks jacob, the tint shop I went to took care of that for me, they customized a black tape over the rear deck, and it's covered completely! I didn't want to pay $600+ to disconnect one bulb through my research

Old 05-12-01, 12:50 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by RealMarty
If you open your trunk and look where the springs are in the trunk lid you'll see that there are 2 notches.
One is the lighter setting for the trunk without the spoiler. The other is the stronger setting to be used with the spoiler.
Move the spring on both sides of the trunk to the other notch. That's it.

thanks alot marty. I'll try that tomorrow!
Old 05-12-01, 05:54 AM
geodesic
Driver School Candidate

Dealer: Lexus of Wayzata, Minneapolis, MN
Rating: 4 Stars
Recommend: Yes
Service Advisor: Andrew
Comments: They are a little slower than I prefer but always provide a Lexus loaner. They are very respectful and courteous. Waiting area is nice, donuts, coffee, soft drinks. Very responsive to my problems.

Quick Reply: rate your dealer