Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Rod Millen Problems? Please read

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-03, 04:55 PM
jcramair1
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Rod Millen Problems? Please read

Okay lets see where do I begin??

On 1/17/03 I place an order for the following items and the salesman told me they were all in stock except LSD which would be 3 days:
*RMM Supercharger with Intercooler
*RMM LSD
*Torque Converter
*RMM front brake upgrade with Rotors
*Matching Rotors for the rear
*Stainless steal brakes lines and all other brake items
*TOTAL PRICE FOR PARTS: $11,375

After placing the order the salesman says everything will be shipped out on the 1/20/03 except the LSD that will ship out by the 1/23/03. So I say fine how long for the order to arrive he says 5 days. I call RMM on the 31st, which was 6 business days later. The salesman says everything should be there it has already been sent. I say okay when??"RMM Says last week they also say give to Monday the 2/3/03. Well Monday comes still no delivery, So I call RMM, salesman states should be there today, I say I have heard that before and I said I will wait until Wednesday if it's not there by then I will be canceling my order. Wednesday comes and My Lexus dealer calls me and says your parts arrived. "I SAY GREAT!!" He says bad news John, Your LSD is not here and your brakes are not here!!! I say what?? He says in addition to that your supercharger (Vortech) Unit is bent at the bottom. "I SAID YOU GOTTA BE @#$%#$ ME" He says no John I am serious. I call Rod Millen and get voice mail and leave a message I also right an email to them explaining what has Happen. I today Friday 2/7/03 have not heard from them either phone or email.

BTW people the parts say they were picked up on 1/30/03 that means they went out 8 business days after I was told they went out.

Business cannot be conducted this way especially when you are spending this kind of money. I am the owner of a National Debt Management Firm that has at least 10,000 clients. My Employees nor I have never treated or mislead a customer this way. I have always heard good things about Rod Millen and this bothers me. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?????
Old 02-07-03, 08:02 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Damn bro..Sorry things worked out like they did for you.. Send everything back.. And say you no longer want the parts.. And go with a different company..
Old 02-07-03, 08:43 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

I'm just wondering ....How come you didn't order from Steve Ganz ? He carries everything but the SC . In second thought , i think he is a RMM dealer , so you could have done business with Steve. I bet you would have saved close to 1 grand if ordered from him. Plus his service is top notch.

Good Luck and hope for the best!
Old 02-08-03, 06:04 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,447 Likes on 1,604 Posts

jcramair1 - until I get a UPS or FedEx tracking number from a vendor, I ignore whatever they tell me as far as when something will ship. You might consider doing this - it can alleviate a lot of stress.

As far as the SC being bent, things can get damaged in shipping of course, so while it's unfortunate I don't think it's worth blaming RMM for.

Good luck.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 02-08-03 at 06:06 AM.
Old 02-08-03, 06:42 AM
jcramair1
Lead Lap

Originally posted by bitkahuna
jcramair1 - until I get a UPS or FedEx tracking number from a vendor, I ignore whatever they tell me as far as when something will ship. You might consider doing this - it can alleviate a lot of stress.

As far as the SC being bent, things can get damaged in shipping of course, so while it's unfortunate I don't think it's worth blaming RMM for.

Good luck.
I believe that RMM is at fault for misleading me the customer that the products were shipped when they were not. I also get tracking numbers on everything that I usually order as well. But did not at all feel that was necessary with Rod Millen. It is also understandable that products get damaged when being shipped. But that does not make up for the parts that were not shipped "that could have otherwise started to be installed".

Thanks,
Old 02-08-03, 08:45 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Lightbulb

I'd give RMM a chance to respond. Obviously there has been quite a screwup; at least one measure of the quality of this company will be how they respond to make all these problems right for you. Granted, things should not have happened the way that they did. I almost expect to get smoke blown by salesmen/marketing folks. (It shouldn't happen, but we all know that it does.)

RMM now has an opportunity to excel in customer service and I hope, for your sake and theirs, that they go several extra miles here to make sure that you end up happy and satisfied. Please keep CL posted on how this turns out.