Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Service Nightmare.lexus Of Melbourne

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-03, 07:43 AM
mbking1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Service Nightmare.lexus Of Melbourne

Just had Lexus service from hell experience. Made appt to install new tires. Arrived on time (10.30am). First, they put someone elses tires on my car, then they put my tires on with wrong valves and stems, then they ignored my specific request re tire pressure levels. I LEFT SEVEN HOURS LATER (5:30PM). Finally got home and discovered that they had lost my wheel lock key. Am I too demanding here? My expectations are that if I am paying top dollar for service, I am entitled to top notch service. This is Lexus, not the corner gas station.

In the last three years I have purchased four new cars from LEXUS OF MELBOURNE and sent 2 referrals to my sales person PAT HARTWELL. When I told her I expected the installation work to be "no charge" due to their comedy of errors, she laughed and rolled her eyes. I have asked for a call from the on sight owner to call me several times and been ignored totally. This is not the kind of service I expect from Lexus.

I intend to be fair here. My service writer DEREK COVENAH went above and beyond in customer service. My bill for the installation was zero (upon my request). Also, Derek was kind enough to send a tech to my home to change out all the wheek locks free of charge.

Does anyone here know how to contact the southeast regional office of Lexus? I adore the cars and their quality, but these kinds of experences are distressing. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks. Mark
Old 03-25-03, 08:37 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you could try the customer service section of www.Lexus.com
you will need to register if not already to send guestions via email.

However, there is a phone number posted on that website that may be a start.

you could make an appointment with the general manager of the dealership in question.
This information should be accessable to the public.

sj

Last edited by steviej; 03-25-03 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-30-03, 03:51 PM
cheapsk8
Driver

Red face

1-800-25LEXUS

I also had bad service, from Lash Lexus/Toyota in Lewisown PA. Service guy told me he couldn't do a warranty repair because my basic warranty was 3yr/36000 mi. when in the manual it was listed as 4yr/50000 mi. Made three trips over there just to get an xtra master key ordered and programed, insisted they needed to 'see' the car! Seems like only problem is in service, sales people are very nice. I think when sombody has purchased multiple vehicles from them such as yourself they should show you some respect. Even if someone didn't buy the car there there is a certain amount of professionalism that is expected when you are paying top dollar....you might have been better off at the corner gas station!!

-c
Old 03-31-03, 05:15 PM
idsrvit
Driver

Just an FYI...Just called my local dealer today (in PA) Bobby Rahal...it was about ordering a key. So you dont feel scammed by your dealer, unless I misunderstood the service guy..the master key and/or car need to be present to make another key. If you have the master, it can be done from it. If not, then there is something on the car (think he said engine) where they need to reprogram "something" I was told what the something was...that is my choice of words...cant recall what he called it.. But in other words there is something done within the car and/or master key if the master key is the one that was lost. The whole set up is changed and reprogrammed.
Old 04-01-03, 07:47 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your Lexus is one of the newer ones with the engine immobilizer and the transponder chip in the key, then the car needs to be present, along with a working master key, to add the new key to the list of keys "approved" by the ECU to start the car. There's a program sequence that involves swapping the keys and pushing pedals.