Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Need Brake Fluid Flushed - Lexus of Chantilly?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-03, 09:12 PM
500amg
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Brake Fluid Flushed - Lexus of Chantilly?

Does Lexus of Chantilly have good service? I need to have my brake fluid flushed and replaced. If not, any other good dealers in the NoVA area?
Old 05-31-03, 10:05 AM
Lexmexico
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I live in the U.S. I used to take mine to Lexus of Rockville, and they did a good job and cleaning out the brake fluid. However, any mechanic knows how to do this.

My only advice is to got to a Synthetic, DOT 5, with your brake fluid. I use Valvoline Synpower and my brake fluid has lasted a lot longer than the old Toyota DOT 3 fluid did until contamination.
Old 05-31-03, 10:19 AM
tmasta
Intermediate

when i drove up to pohanka the first the thing manager said to me was...we aint touching that car cause its all "TRICKED" out.. he didnt even know what i was going to ask about. i thought that was pretty bad service. i bring my car to rockville and vernon and chris king seem very nice. my car WAS recently damaged there but they did every thing they could to repair and accomodate me.. i guess anyone can make a mistake. never been to alexandria and silver spring is not good.. cant even get help when u go there.. hoped this helped..

i actually would recommend you go to SRT (swift racing) because they will charge u less. and MO seems very knowledged about the lexus line up

T
Old 05-31-03, 11:38 AM
500amg
Driver

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to be in the NoVA area for a couple of months this summer, which is why I'm asking. My local Lexus dealer (TN) refuses to touch the brake fluid...I don't really know why.

Lexus of Chantilly is only a few miles from where I am going to stay, so I figured as long as they are decent, I would take it there. Thanks again!
Old 06-01-03, 10:05 AM
Lexmexico
Lead Lap

Vernon was the guy I dealt with at Rockville. They knew I was under a short deadline to get to Mexico, and they had my extra keys and my car modified for higher altitude all in one day.

My only complaint (did not know it at the time), Lexus of San Antonio was very sure that Rockville put in regular Dexron ATF instead of Toyota Type-IV. Other than that, I have no gripes.
Old 06-02-03, 06:51 AM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

If you decide to use Lexus of Chantilly (Pohanka Lexus) try to get your work done by Hawkeye. He's a real coupe wizard, he has one as his daily driver and is an amazing fountain of knowledge. If you do a price comparison, you'll probably find Lindsay Lexus of Alexandria to be a little cheaper but a good 20 miles from Dulles/Chantilly.
Old 06-03-03, 08:56 PM
hokietech
Driver School Candidate

i live 5 miles away from pohanka but i drive 25 miles to go to alexandria to get better service
Old 06-05-03, 06:39 AM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Did you have a negative experience at Pohanka?
Old 06-05-03, 01:58 PM
Nick T
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Bring it to Jack Taylor Toyota,
Ask for "Rich" as a service advisor and ask him to make sure "Long" 's team do the work. Or conversly if you want to do it as a "side job" contact Long, Hai, or Young ( the 3 guys I know all on Long's team) about side-job pricing. If you go this route, be sure to tell them Nick sent you for their best price.

Regards