Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Palm Beach Lexus damaged my IS!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-03, 04:11 PM
UncleNick
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by mr who
Ask for the 60k mile service for free. I know thats way way down the road but I read that it was over $1000

Seriously tho, why not ask for the next 1 or 2 scheduled maintenances for free. I cant believe the bull***** they tried to pull on you. Hope everything works out the way YOU want it to.
Nope. I won't let them touch my car again for any warranty work. I am a ASE Master Tech and run a Goodyear and can to the work myself. I do not want anything for free, just my car fixed right, and treated in a professional courteous manor which I have come to expect from a Lexus dealer, not like it is Joe's grease monkey shop.

I am in this awful business and know things happen, tech's make mistakes. My guys make mistakes, but the difference is when we do mess up(which is not often) we take the responsiblity for the mistake. My guys do not try to cover up the problem and treat our customers like crap.

I will keep everyone posted after I talk to Lexus Corp tomorrow.

Last edited by UncleNick; 08-10-03 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-13-03, 09:41 AM
UncleNick
Pole Position

Guys & Gals here is the update on the Lexus of Palm Beach thing......

1) I got my vendor to comp me two wheels that were damaged from the dealer, that takes care of my two ft wheels that were damaged from dealer.
2) Recieved a phone call from Matt the service manager this morning, He was apologetic about the way the service experience went. He assured me that they would do everything in their power to make my next service experience a better one and wanted to build a relationship with me as a customer. He also told me the valet was talked to about treating customers cars the right way. As far as the dent, he assured me that they will indeed take care of it.

This means alot to me as a customer, after we talked for a few, Matt turns out to be a pretty cool guy and he is a member of CL too!

The dealer has turned this really bad experience into a good one in the end.
If anyone in Palm Beach County area has a Lexus, go and ask for Matt the service manager and I'm sure he will be more than happy to help any CL member! Hats off to Matt!!!!!! Thanks again, Nick.
Old 08-14-03, 04:03 PM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

the true test will be later when you bring it back, until then it's all lip service. I heard the same thing from Lexus of Seattle but it never got better, good luck and I hope it does work out for you.
Old 08-14-03, 07:15 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it is amazing what we can do when we keep a cool head, place our problems on the table and discus them as rational adults.

hats off to you too Uncle Nick.

sj
Old 08-15-03, 08:15 AM
BOWTIE 3
Driver

Default PALM BEACH LEXUS

Get back with us in a few years when the repainted areas don't match the original factory color and the dealer tells you that YOUR over-reving the engine has caused valve-train failure and the clutch to take a dive! This ISN'T over.
Old 08-20-03, 08:01 AM
akn1947
Driver School Candidate

My car is at lexus of palm beach now, and matt is a really great guy. He is taking care of some issues i have had in the past and is taking care of me. Hatts off to matt.