Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Palm Beach Lexus damaged my IS!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-03, 04:04 PM
UncleNick
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Palm Beach Lexus damaged my IS!!!!!

I went to pick up my car today from the dealer after sitting there for 3 days and the nightmare has begun....
I dropped off the car for a water leak, d/s mirror seal falling out and dash pad bubbling......I get it back with a dent in the door, scratch in the rear bumper, nick in the paint on the lower rocker , both ft wheels scratched and this is the best part.....an extra 300 miles on the car!!!!!!! I am not kidding. I dropped the car off with 2643 miles and got it back today with 2934 miles on it now. I showed the service manager and he said the car was like that when it was dropped off!!!!! I left the car there and they are going to fix it but man I am so pi$$ed!I cannot believe this has happened. I called Lexus customer service and they are looking into this.

Last edited by UncleNick; 08-07-03 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-08-03, 11:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Re: Palm Beach Lexus damaged my IS!!!!!

Originally posted by UncleNick
I went to pick up my car today from the dealer after sitting there for 3 days and the nightmare has begun....
I dropped off the car for a water leak, d/s mirror seal falling out and dash pad bubbling......I get it back with a dent in the door, scratch in the rear bumper, nick in the paint on the lower rocker , both ft wheels scratched and this is the best part.....an extra 300 miles on the car!!!!!!! I am not kidding. I dropped the car off with 2643 miles and got it back today with 2934 miles on it now. I showed the service manager and he said the car was like that when it was dropped off!!!!! I left the car there and they are going to fix it but man I am so pi$$ed!I cannot believe this has happened. I called Lexus customer service and they are looking into this.
this is insane man... i believe the service advisor should have written down the mileage on the car before the service right? that's a solid proof right there!

seems like they gave teh car out as loaner or something?!
Old 08-08-03, 02:49 PM
UncleNick
Pole Position

Kind of funny how the service manager did not show me the original work order when I asked for it. I can say that since I called Lexus direct they are now kissing my a$$ now......but still it is very disturbing. They called me today and said my car was fixed but the wheels are not done yet.....I told them to keep the car until it is fixed properly and then I will come and get it......so let's see how many more miles they can put on it! If I find any more miles on it I will insist on a NEW IS300!
Old 08-08-03, 03:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Kind of funny how the service manager did not show me the original work order when I asked for it. I can say that since I called Lexus direct they are now kissing my a$$ now......but still it is very disturbing. They called me today and said my car was fixed but the wheels are not done yet.....I told them to keep the car until it is fixed properly and then I will come and get it......so let's see how many more miles they can put on it! If I find any more miles on it I will insist on a NEW IS300!
if you are **** enough and really want to get the way you want to be treated, ask for the miles to be reimbursed or soemthing. or better yet, i would insist to see the original paperwork or you will contact lexus or even bbb about it. they would be scared to death
Old 08-09-03, 08:40 AM
Sooner
Pole Position

shut up
Old 08-09-03, 11:07 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Sooner
shut up
?!
Old 08-09-03, 11:24 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shut up

huh???
Old 08-09-03, 12:37 PM
xerox
Rookie

shut up
Old 08-09-03, 02:19 PM
mr who
Lead Lap

Ask for the 60k mile service for free. I know thats way way down the road but I read that it was over $1000

Seriously tho, why not ask for the next 1 or 2 scheduled maintenances for free. I cant believe the bull***** they tried to pull on you. Hope everything works out the way YOU want it to.
Old 08-09-03, 05:34 PM
UncleNick
Pole Position

shut up

???????
Old 08-09-03, 05:52 PM
UncleNick
Pole Position

anyways............... I went to pick up the car this morning and they tried to fix the dent/scratch.
Here is the kicker......The valet goes to get my car, I can hear him start it up. Then the valet procedes
to rev the motor up to red-line(or damn near) three times to hear my exhaust! Then He is sitting there and now I hear my subs thumping hard, then there is a rev of the engine .....again . I walk over to the little sh#t and the look on his face when I got to my car was priceless. I asked him what the **** he was doing and " I was just pulling the car around" I asked him does he feel the need to redline my car three times and play with the stereo? The service greeter dude comes out and looks at me and says..." Your gonna have a heart attack before your 40 man" I just looked at him in disbelief, shook my head and left. The dent is still there, wheels scratched and more aggrivation than I can shake a stick at. I will call Lexus on Monday and take my car to some other place for service. Take my advise, stay far away from this dealer. Their service department is a joke.
Old 08-10-03, 02:00 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

anyways............... I went to pick up the car this morning and they tried to fix the dent/scratch.
Here is the kicker......The valet goes to get my car, I can hear him start it up. Then the valet procedes
to rev the motor up to red-line(or damn near) three times to hear my exhaust! Then He is sitting there and now I hear my subs thumping hard, then there is a rev of the engine .....again . I walk over to the little sh#t and the look on his face when I got to my car was priceless. I asked him what the **** he was doing and " I was just pulling the car around" I asked him does he feel the need to redline my car three times and play with the stereo? The service greeter dude comes out and looks at me and says..." Your gonna have a heart attack before your 40 man" I just looked at him in disbelief, shook my head and left. The dent is still there, wheels scratched and more aggrivation than I can shake a stick at. I will call Lexus on Monday and take my car to some other place for service. Take my advise, stay far away from this dealer. Their service department is a joke.
if ths is really what happened, i would be pissed as hell man. i would get the names of BOTH that punk who reved your car and the greeter who teased you, report both of them to lexus NA and request 1) an apology from the people, 2) an explanation from lexus and the dealer, and 3) appropriate action.

moreover, tell lexus what's wrong with teh car and what they need to do to resolve the issue. moreoever, ask them to tell you what's reasonable compensation they will give you. tell them if none of the issues is resolved to your satisfaction within a reasonable limit, you will report the dealership to BBB and also lexus and request lexus for a full response.

tell them if they don't do it, you are ready to contact your local newspaper and also tv stations.
Old 08-10-03, 05:08 AM
UncleNick
Pole Position

oh yea, it happened. I got names, believe me...I got names. I tried to call Lexus Customer Service but they are closed on weekends. I will call Monday morning PST first thing.
Old 08-10-03, 12:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

oh yea, it happened. I got names, believe me...I got names. I tried to call Lexus Customer Service but they are closed on weekends. I will call Monday morning PST first thing.
good that you do that, we as customers should do everything to get things right. keep us posted!
Old 08-10-03, 04:05 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default still curious

about the shut up comment, and well thats crazy, i would have not taken the car back

Quick Reply: Palm Beach Lexus damaged my IS!!!!!