Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

ThinkCar & ThinkDiag

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-20, 11:12 AM
Tatoosh
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ThinkCar & ThinkDiag

I popped for the ThinkCar dongle with pairs to a smart phone via bluetooth. It is basically an enhanced OBDII reader and keeping it updated costs $9.95 per VIN after purchasing. It does what they say it will and has some nice features I have not really explored, including recording readings while driving and so forth. It is in the $85 range. The reading can be shared remotely as well, so long as you have wifi internet..

The same company came out with a more complete dongle called ThinkDiag (Diag as in diagnostic) which reads a whole host of specialized reports, can reset stuff, and costs $49 a year per manufacturer for updates. They had a pre-launch purchase offer for the unit and a life time subscription to one manufacturer for $199 which I bit the bullet and got, particularly since Toyota and Lexus are considered one manufacturer. I am still waiting for it to arrive, maybe another week or two they say. I'm not a wrench and don't DIY on my cars due to age and disability, but I still like to know what is going on. And being able to plug either the ThinkCar or the ThinkDiag in and having real feed back

Here is the outfit. I have no vested interest in them other than having already purchasing their products. But I think owners should have as much info about their vehicles as possible. ThinkCar - ThinkDiag.
Old 04-03-21, 09:55 AM
colemans74
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want to buy

I am thinking of buying this tool what is possible on lexus IS with regards to special functions and actuation tests, i am from UK so was looking at buying it from https://Thinkdiag.co.uk but wanted to know if anyone from the uk could confirm if this is the same device as what is sold on the usa mythinkcar website.