Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Anyone else has experience with service at Serramonte Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-21, 08:43 AM
damns0n
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Anyone else has experience with service at Serramonte Lexus?

Just trying to get a survey on this dealership because my first two and only visits to the service center was weird and left much to be desired. The first time I brought my 2020 GSF was for my first complimentary service as well as informing them of the brand new brakes that are squealing under medium pressure. The service advisor for this visit said because the brakes are new, they need to be broken in. This advisor also didn't know the service intervals for this car and had to go back and forth with the other service advisors before taking my car in. I didn't know what to make of it, being my first visit, so I went with the flow and took his word that the brakes need to be broken in.

Couple thousand miles later, and the brakes are still squealing in the same manner. This time, I also wanted to see if I can get a key card from Parts and have Service program it for me and was assigned a different service advisor. I told him about the brakes and how they are still squealing, and he dismisses them by saying brembo brakes are naturally noisy. Having heard two different stories with the brakes now, I told this advisor that I've had brembo brakes on other cars before and they don't make noise. He continues to dismiss it, but at this point I didn't care enough to remember what he said before telling me to have a seat and he'll call me when the key card is programmed.

2 hours go by and my service advisor comes back to tell me that they are having trouble programing the key but found an update for my brakes and made an emphasis on how these squealing brakes can only be changed once under warranty. He then asks if I want to order the parts, and I said yes.

Another 30 minutes go by and he returns to tell me that they can't program the keycard because this option was probably only available for the Canadian spec. He then says he'll call his friend that owns a GSF with a keycard to see how he did it and will call me the next day. ( I did some research after this and it looks like the key card should work based on other successful testimonies, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet)

It's been about three weeks nows and I've sent an email to him, with no response. Is this kind of customer service normal at Serramonte? I haven't said anything or caused any trouble but I feel like I've been put on their **** list.

Last edited by damns0n; 10-21-21 at 08:48 AM.