Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Anti scratch stickers installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-22 | 11:58 PM
HenryJon12
5th Gear

Default Anti scratch stickers installed

New Lexus needed protectors, this seemed easy. These adhesive stickers are great runners to protect my door thresholds. You can trim to shape and length with heavy scissors. I kept it squared off. Family still thinks it's that way from the factory! I put it on and was able to take it off with no remaining residue. Before reinstalling, I popped off the door sill so I could wrap the tape around the edges. Then I used a hair dryer and slightly heated the tape to insure bonding and to eliminate any crease marks. Now it looks OEM.

Old 12-20-22 | 04:30 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

If it works and looks good for you, that's all that matters!

3M makes the best film for doing everything from taillight tinting to complete Chrome Deletes. When I wanted all the exterior chrome gone the shop I used put 3m Carbon Fiber tape like yours on both sides and front. Now the car looks so much darker with it covered up, plus window tint all the way around and dark BC Forged wheels. I'm a HUGE Carbon Fiber lover and have it throughout the whole interior too! A hair dryer may work but a decent heat gun, squeegee and trim razor will do wonders if you choose to do more film work!